X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Changing design (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Customer Front End Screwed up, but I can't find any errors. (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=1509)

Alan 02-13-2003 09:56 PM

Customer Front End Screwed up, but I can't find any errors.

Dear all,

I was tweaking around with the Catalogue arrangements last night, and well, I got this as my display page:
Quote:

{* $Id: home.tpl,v 1.39.2.1 2002/10/14 12:50:01 alfiya Exp $ *} { config_load file="$skin_config" } { include file="meta.tpl" } { include file="rectangle_top.tpl" } { include file="head.tpl" } { include file="customer/categories.tpl" } {if $active_modules.Bestsellers ne "" and $config.Modules.bestsellers_menu eq "Y"} { include file="modules/Bestsellers/menu_bestsellers.tpl" } {/if} {if $active_modules.Gift_Certificates ne ""}
{ include file="modules/Gift_Certificates/gc_menu.tpl" } {/if}
{ include file="help.tpl" } {include file="customer/home_main.tpl"} { include file="customer/menu_cart.tpl" } {if $login eq "" } { include file="auth.tpl" } {else} { include file="authbox.tpl" } {/if} { include file="news.tpl" }
{ include file="copyright.tpl" }
{ include file="rectangle_bottom.tpl" }

What I did was to change the position of this code:

Code:

{ include file="rectangle_top.tpl" }
{ include file="head.tpl" }

<table border=0 width=100% cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 align="center"><tr>
<td class=TableLeft width=6 rowspan=2></td>
<td class=TableLeft width=150 valign=top>
{ include file="customer/categories.tpl" }

to:
Code:

{ include file="rectangle_top.tpl" }
{ include file="head.tpl" }

<table border=0 width=100% cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 align="center"><tr>
<td class=TableLeft width=6 rowspan=2></td>
<td class=TableLeft width=150 valign=top>

So after the screw up, I revert back my customer\home.tpl template, tested it to get back the original structure, and turned off the computer.

I logged on today, and clicked customer front end, and I got the previous junks as my HTML! I tried clearing cookies, temporary internet files. I checked out all the home.tpl codes that are in the folder. None of them helped.

Do I have to force a recompile? Please help, as there aren't any debug console poping up to help me too :cry:

Happy Valentines to you all!

Regards, and utmost appreciation,
Alan

funkydunk 02-13-2003 11:35 PM

If you delete the templates_c directory it will recompile itself.

hth

Alan 02-14-2003 12:16 AM

I forgot to mention that I've installed X-Cart Locally using Win2K IIS =(

If I do remove the templates_c directory, it'd still be okay afterwards?

Sorry about the confusion, second day using X-Cart, PHP and Smarty!

Btw I reckon that I'll be around the forum for a long while! :D

Regards, and appreciation,
Alan

Happy Valentines' to all.

funkydunk 02-14-2003 12:23 AM

Yes - you're fine in removing this locally.
Welcome to the forum - most answers are here if you look hard enough and aren't scared to experiment (which obviously you are not :wink: )

Have fun

shan 02-14-2003 01:08 AM

you can remove the contents of templates_c as this will be rebuilt next time you run the store.

You can also run cleanup.php which will clear the templates folder for you

Alan 02-14-2003 05:42 PM

Re-compiled, but still the same thing...

Well I raised my sleeves, wiped my sweat, and deletes everything in template, recompiled..and I still can't see my customer fron't end :cry:
From the source, I'm still getting seeing the
Code:

before the main area. I don't think that I have caching enabled, I wouldn't know if I did too...

I'm trying to move my company's existing Yahoo store into X-Cart, as my company really don't like the inflexibility and steep learning curve of the RTML lang. they use. My deadline's 2 weeks! But good thing I have a little bit of practice before the store went busted.

Any tips/general pointers would be greatly appreciated!

With regards,
Alan
SEARCH is my friend

Alan 02-16-2003 07:45 PM

I went ahead and restore all my edited templates, :( Figured that if I couldn't see the customer screen, I might as well start from square one...

BUT it's still screwed up! So I'm double screwed now :cry:

Maybe I'll resort to reinstall everything.

Alan 02-17-2003 07:57 PM

More faults

Furthermore, the positions I've set under Management>Categories doesn't match the ones I've previewed using templates. I've set:

Pos. Category name
30 For Kids
20 For Men
10 For Women
50 Gifts and Collectables.

But during template previews, my category sections are all althabetically arranged....strange!

*EDIT* Shameless bump! The techs can't help me out on this, because X-Cart is resided locally in my computer, and I'd really like to get cracking on heavily modifying the customer cart's look..