X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=66570)

xtech 03-13-2014 11:40 PM

Re: X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmirage001
Can't reproduce any issues on 4.6.1 site with v2.3.2

Make sure the code below is in reboot_head.tpl and that the bootstrap.min.css file in "css/vendor/bootstrap.min.css" is Bootstrap v3.1.1

If the above is good then have to wait for Phil...

I have checked all added but still design getting messed up.

@ Phil what is your opinion?

Thanks,
xtech

PhilJ 03-15-2014 03:56 AM

You can get the latest v3.1.1 Bootstrap files from here. Upload to...

skin/reboot/css/vendor/bootstrap.min.css
skin/reboot/js/vendor/bootstrap.min.js

But I would recommend using the Bootstrap CDN instead of loading from local.

//netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.1.1/css/bootstrap.min.css
//netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.1.1/js/bootstrap.min.js

There is a small bug with BlockUI v20131009 and jQuery 1.10.2. You can revert back to jQuery v1.8.3 without any adverse effects.

//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.3/jquery.min.js

mendyo 03-16-2014 01:07 PM

X-Cart is telling me that they cannot use the reBoot template as the baseline for my site design. I am in the midst of finalizing my statement of work with them and I effectively have to start with X-Cart 4.6.1 Gold Plus as my baseline.

Anyone else experience this sort of issue?

Plus, I am trying to upgrade from 4.6.1 to 4.6.3 before the design work starts and that is also turning into an expensive and complex nightmare.

Feeling very frustrated.

Kman 03-16-2014 01:27 PM

reBOOT is based on Bootstrap. It is an amazingly flexible layout that I have found to be very productive in terms of development time. So many things I had been able to do only with highly customized code are included and easy with reBOOT. And it is fully responsive.

Of course X-Cart is going to want to use one of their templates. But over the long term it will be so much easier with this as a base. I'm sure there are 3rd party developers who can work with this one.

Just my opinion. I am so happy I made the choice of this template!

xtech 03-17-2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mendyo
X-Cart is telling me that they cannot use the reBoot template as the baseline for my site design. I am in the midst of finalizing my statement of work with them and I effectively have to start with X-Cart 4.6.1 Gold Plus as my baseline.

Plus, I am trying to upgrade from 4.6.1 to 4.6.3 before the design work starts and that is also turning into an expensive and complex nightmare.

Feeling very frustrated.

Yes reboot is the best that i ever seen.Phil from reboot also very much helpful and co operative.

I think Phil will help you as per his time permits but after all he is very very helpful.

Thanks Phil for a great template.

Thanks.

PhilJ 03-18-2014 03:32 AM

Quote:

Feeling very frustrated.
Sorry to hear that Mendyo. I have tried to make reboot as easy to use/customise as possible, but I guess Qualiteam just prefer to use their own templating code in general.

Jon 03-18-2014 12:48 PM

I wanted to bring it to users attention that the code for the reboot templates compressor has been taken from http://codecanyon.net/item/dynamic-website-compressor/2838376

The developer of the code has stated that users of the reboot template are illegally using the code since Phil does not have a licence to use it commercially.

PhilJ 03-18-2014 12:58 PM

Bit petty and malicious Jon? I purchased the script a long time ago on an extended licence, which the author has since removed, and even spoken to him about licensing.

I won't even entertain your comments.

Jon 03-18-2014 01:02 PM

The author's told me he was unaware that you were using his code commercially, that you aren't authorized to do so, and that he would be making a DMCA claim to have your software taken down. People will want to be aware.

The author can be contacted by anyone wanting clarification via http://codecanyon.net/item/dynamic-website-compressor/2838376

Jon 03-18-2014 01:06 PM

I don't have time or desire to be malicious. I've said what I need to say to inform people and provided the ability for people to connect with the original author and find out more information on their own.