X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=66570)

OpheliaPayne 01-25-2014 07:26 PM

Re: X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template

Quote:

Originally Posted by OpheliaPayne
We are using the Altered Carts Download Expander however. I am assuming that is what is causing the difference? How do we work around it?

Hi Phil,

We still need some help with this please.

Freakmode 01-28-2014 03:47 AM

Phil

Could you please tell me how you specify how many columns to use when showing category images. Ours currently shows 4 across on a large monitor but they have become too small to read so would really be 3 across.

I'm sure its something like
col-lg-3 {
width: 33.33%;
}

But I am not sure where to add it.

PhilJ 01-28-2014 05:03 AM

skin/reboot/customer/main/subcategories_t.tpl

Replace...
Code:

<div class="col-md-4 col-sm-4 col-xs-4 col-lg-3 centered">
With...
Code:

<div class="col-md-4 col-sm-4 col-xs-4 col-lg-4 centered">

Freakmode 01-28-2014 06:06 AM

Brilliant, cheers

Arca 01-28-2014 06:31 AM

Hi,
I have enabled you mega menu and our site category is large which creates a white space below footer for some of the pages.

How to get rid of this white pages?

thank you very much.

Freakmode 01-28-2014 06:46 AM

Is there anyway to turn off responsive altogether but keep reboot?

We use xcarts mobile template for phones so thats fine.

It just looks too bad on smaller tablets like Nexus 7 and it seems that most of our customers are using them and are voting with their feet.

OpheliaPayne 01-28-2014 08:30 AM

Phil, I am still in need of help with the quantity issue.

Thank you.

OpheliaPayne 01-28-2014 08:30 AM

Is there a way to keep folks on the current page when they click Wish List instead of redirecting them to the wish list page?

PhilJ 01-30-2014 07:18 AM

Quote:

I have enabled you mega menu and our site category is large which creates a white space below footer for some of the pages. How to get rid of this white pages?

Arca (aka Learner), it's because your categories menu is extremely large, try re-arranging your category positions to reduce the height of the menu.
The latest version of reBOOT has an option for the mega menu, where you can limit the number of third level categories on display, which may help.
Quote:

Is there anyway to turn off responsive altogether but keep reboot?
It is possible, but a large number of templates will need modifying.
It's not something I recommend without good knowledge of the Bootstrap grid system.
Quote:

Is there a way to keep folks on the current page when they click Wish List instead of redirecting them to the wish list page?
Try this link.

PhilJ 01-30-2014 07:22 AM

For those asking about printable pages, they were taken out, but I have just reintroduced them (reBOOT v2).

The files can be obtained here.

Demos...
category page / product page / static page

PhilJ 01-30-2014 02:58 PM

Bootstrap 3.1.0 was just released.

I'll be testing thoroughly, but you should be able to add the new CDN URLs to without too many issues.

//netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.1.0/css/bootstrap.min.css
//netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.1.0/js/bootstrap.min.js

One small issue noticed so far, in skin/reboot/css/reboot.css

Replace...
Quote:

.input-tiny { width: 45px; padding: 6px 6px; display: inline-block; }
.input-mini { width: 60px; padding: 6px 6px; display: inline-block; }
With...
Quote:

.input-tiny { width: 45px!important; padding: 6px 6px; display: inline-block; }
.input-mini { width: 60px!important; padding: 6px 6px; display: inline-block; }

Kman 02-01-2014 05:01 PM

Have you found anything else, Phil? I'm anxious to use some of the new features in Bootstrap 3.1!

PhilJ 02-02-2014 05:28 AM

Quote:

Have you found anything else, Phil? I'm anxious to use some of the new features in Bootstrap 3.1!
All looks good so far, go ahead and add the new URLs to reBOOT > Optimisation

xtech 02-04-2014 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilJ
xtech, the reBOOT v2 WP addon has been updated/improved recently, maybe give that a try. Just ensure you follow the install instructions carefully.

Thanks it is working from me now.Now if I want to work same login features like qualiteam module Wordpress in X-Cart module then what needs to change additionally?

OpheliaPayne 02-04-2014 09:10 AM

Quote:

Try this link.

This doesn't work. The code that they mention isn't in 4.6 (the thread is from 2008)

PhilJ 02-05-2014 03:56 AM

For anyone wondering about v4.6.2 compatibility, the demo is here.

The support page will be updated shortly.

mendyo 02-06-2014 09:36 AM

Phil,

I have sent multiple emails regarding the reBoot template and have received no responses.:(

I am in the process of having X-Cart quote me for customizing my website which is based on reBoot.

1) Do I need a developers license to customize the template for my one website? If so, I bought a single store license, how do I upgrade? X-Cart is giving me a bunch of grief over encrypted files which I did not believe was an issue with this template.

2) Can you describe the benefits of the latest release of ReBoot supporting 4.6.2? I have Gold Plus 4.6.1 license and all my modules are based on that. Is it worth upgrading?

3) I had sent an email with bug fixes, suggestions, and other issues on Jan. 6. Can you respond to that (I did send it as a support ticket)?

Thanks!

Mendy

PhilJ 02-06-2014 09:47 AM

I replied you ticket just now.

Quote:

1) Do I need a developers license to customize the template for my one website? If so, I bought a single store license, how do I upgrade? X-Cart is giving me a bunch of grief over encrypted files which I did not believe was an issue with this template.

No, not unless you need access to the PHP files, which are encoded for licensing purposes. If you want to upgrade to the open source developers version, you just need to purchase another reBOOT licence.

Quote:

2) Can you describe the benefits of the latest release of ReBoot supporting 4.6.2? I have Gold Plus 4.6.1 license and all my modules are based on that. Is it worth upgrading?

You can check the v4.6.2 changelog, posted here.

Details are also in the blog post.

reBOOT has been updated to support v4.6.2 - Demo - but it is early days, so 100% v4.6.2 compatibility cannot be assured just yet, I am still testing.

OpheliaPayne 02-06-2014 09:49 AM

I still need some help on the tickets I have submitted too please.

xtech 02-07-2014 12:09 AM

Hello,
Is it so x-cart Abandoned Cart Reminder module is not compatible with reboot template?

Thanks.

PhilJ 02-07-2014 02:27 AM

Quote:

Is it so x-cart Abandoned Cart Reminder module is not compatible with reboot template?
It has not been tested, get in touch if you want me to test it.

electrics 02-10-2014 05:32 AM

We are also looking at running the Abandoned Cart Module and would like to see what you can do to test it's compatibility with your template. Thank you!!!!!

electrics 02-10-2014 09:20 AM

Can you add an Instagram badge option to the social media links section of the template? We'd love it. Otherwise, I will have to hard code. :(

Charlie@dsemedical.com 02-10-2014 06:51 PM

Would this template be available on version 5

PhilJ 02-11-2014 04:14 AM

Quote:

We are also looking at running the Abandoned Cart Module and would like to see what you can do to test it's compatibility with your template.
Get in touch and we'll test it for you.
Quote:

Can you add an Instagram badge option to the social media links section of the template? We'd love it. Otherwise, I will have to hard code.
Thanks for the suggestion. Instagram has been added.
Quote:

Would this template be available on version 5
Not at the moment, as it's a completely different platform. Maybe in the future.

Arca 02-11-2014 04:30 AM

Hi Phill,

Can you please release this type of addons in reboot

custom form builder and displaying relevant blog post in category pages?

Thanks.

Kman 02-16-2014 06:06 PM

A great form builder for Bootstrap is here:

http://bootsnipp.com/j87klPolka/formbuilder3.html

It is all you need to make great responsive forms.

And WebsiteCM's xcms does a great job of tying blog posts to products:

http://www.websitecm.com/x-cart-mods/x-cart-blog-cms.html

Wordpress is a fine blog, but was not designed to integrate with X-Cart.

designguru 02-17-2014 09:20 AM

Looks neat and could solve me so many problems. I would like to use this on a fresh 4.6.2 install.

1. I guess it's a huge task to take an existing store (database etc. ) and import it. We have many customizations from xcartmods, websitecm, cflsystems and others running.

2. Can the homepage be customized so that the right bar will not be shown as I only will need it on the category page.

3. I bought several of the included mods (Testimonial mod etc.) Is there an option of getting a better offer?

mendyo 02-17-2014 01:37 PM

Phil,

1) I am asking for you to send me an invoice for the installation of the free addons to the reBoot template.

2) Not quite sure what the PHP files control but I would imagine I would need to edit those as well. That being the case, how would I proceed? Must I have the developers license or can I edit all the reBoot files without it?

3) I have a suggestion for the zoom feature that would really improve usability. If when the user clicks on the image it automatically displays the large format, that would be really useful. I would like the videos to be displayed as part of the small thumbnail carousel below the main image in the product page. Is that possible?

4) As others are asking, will the Anonymous Card and Abandoned Cart Reminders work with the template?

mendyo 02-20-2014 05:23 PM

Not sure what is going on, but getting support from xcartmods.co.uk has been really tough lately. Anyone have any insights?

OpheliaPayne 02-20-2014 09:10 PM

I have 4 tickets that have been open for a while. Hope he is okay.

designguru 02-21-2014 12:47 AM

Same here. Noticed this with several companies. Sometimes a bit frustrating if you buy a mod but can't get customization or replies. Can understand, as we're all busy but otherwise will not buy a mod when I now, that only the product without support/customization is available.

PhilJ 02-21-2014 04:02 AM

Quote:

We are waiting since december, after upgrading to XBanners2.

We're not the makers of the xbanners module, thexcartstore.com are.

Quote:

Not sure what is going on, but getting support from xcartmods.co.uk has been really tough lately. Anyone have any insights?

Mendy, I've replied your ticket.

Sorry for the delay, I'm working on a big X-Cart project at the moment. Some of you are posting repeat questions that I have already answered. I will get through outstanding tickets later on today.

If possible, please keep enquiries to one ticket, rather than opening multiple tickets. Also, you can refer to the template FAQs here.

PhilJ 02-21-2014 04:11 AM

Quote:

Looks neat and could solve me so many problems. I would like to use this on a fresh 4.6.2 install.

1. I guess it's a huge task to take an existing store (database etc. ) and import it. We have many customizations from xcartmods, websitecm, cflsystems and others running.

Upgrading isn't *too* tricky, provided you go through the upgrade packs in the correct sequence.

Re-adding custom modules is not so easy, it depends on what you have. You may need to obtain updated module patches/files.

Depending on your existing and destination X-Cart version, you can sometimes skip some versions in the upgrade process, by applying a database patch (but always make backups).

If you're not familiar with the differences in X-Cart versions, to safeguard against any loss of data, (and/or beating yourself around the head), it's worth getting QT or someone on the forum who does it routinely to perform the upgrade for you.

Quote:

2. Can the homepage be customized so that the right bar will not be shown as I only will need it on the category page.

Yes, the homepage and other pages can easily be set to full width.

Quote:

3. I bought several of the included mods (Testimonial mod etc.) Is there an option of getting a better offer?

Please get in touch for a discount code.

designguru 02-23-2014 03:28 AM

Quote:

Upgrading isn't too tricky, provided you go through the upgrade packs in the correct sequence. Re-adding custom modules is not so easy, it depends on what you have.

Yes, the homepage and other pages can easily be set to full width.

Please get in touch for a discount code.

I see you're offering this 4.6.1 too so I guess it works with PRO Version which is upgradable up to 4.6.1.

Sent you a support ticket.

xtech 02-25-2014 04:22 AM

Quote:

It has not been tested, get in touch if you want me to test it.

Have you tested this module(x-abandoned-cart-reminder-4.6.1) is compatible with reboot or not

Also I am facing problem of installing x-rich-gsearch-results-4.6.1 for my reboot ver2 as there are various patch files but no patch file for reboot so I cannot able to install that purchased module.

Please help me to install those modules.

Thanks.

PhilJ 02-25-2014 11:03 AM

Quote:

Have you tested this module(x-abandoned-cart-reminder-4.6.1) is compatible with reboot or not

Not yet, post a ticket and I will gladly test it for you.

Quote:

Also I am facing problem of installing x-rich-gsearch-results-4.6.1 for my reboot ver2 as there are various patch files but no patch file for reboot so I cannot able to install that purchased module.

The template should be already "patched" for the Rich google Search Results module, you just need to install the module in the usual way.

But if you want to check manually, the files are here

There is only one PHP file to patch (product.php) and you'll see the following in the template files...
Quote:

{if $active_modules.Rich_Google_Search_Results}...{/if}

designguru 02-25-2014 11:07 AM

Quote:

Not yet, post a ticket and I will test it for you.

The template should be already patched for Google Rich Snippets, you just need to run the module install in the usual way.

But if you want to check manually, the files are here. Read install.txt

There is only one PHP file to patch (product.php) and you'll see the following in the template files...

I can confirm the template works. Flawless and very well thought theme! Nice!

xtech 02-25-2014 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixfigure
I can confirm the template works. Flawless and very well thought theme! Nice!

Which one x-abandoned-cart-reminder-4.6.1 or x-rich-gsearch-results-4.6.1?

designguru 02-26-2014 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtech
Which one x-abandoned-cart-reminder-4.6.1 or x-rich-gsearch-results-4.6.1?

None of them. I was answering to Phil that the template worked with 4.6.2 pro version. I'm sorry for confusing you :(