X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Abandoned Cart Reminder module released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=65976)

kevinrm 01-23-2014 09:47 PM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released

No, I'm not saying I recovered 100% of my abandoned carts, I'm just showing you the amounts I did recover. Unfortunately, this mod doesn't really break it down as to what % you recover. To figure it out, I'd have to do the math and I've been a bit busy to do that.

I send out one single offer of $2.00 off about 3 hours after the cart has been abandoned.

rocky 01-23-2014 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinrm
No, I'm not saying I recovered 100% of my abandoned carts, I'm just showing you the amounts I did recover. Unfortunately, this mod doesn't really break it down as to what % you recover. To figure it out, I'd have to do the math and I've been a bit busy to do that.

I send out one single offer of $2.00 off about 3 hours after the cart has been abandoned.

That's actually a great idea to caclculate % of abandoned carts automatically, we will take it into consideration.

cflsystems 01-24-2014 09:53 AM

You have to keep in mind nowdays shoppers do not go to site, add to cart and order. They go to site, add to cart, then go to another site and do the same and another site... They compare prices, shipping, trustworthy of site, return policy, etc and final decision where to place the order may come days after. So not necessarily abandoned cart is abandoned...
Customer may come back without being pushed with offers and such.

rocky 01-30-2014 05:05 AM

Good news!

Abandoned Cart Reminder for X-Cart 5 has been released:

http://www.x-cart.com/extensions/addons/abandoned-cart-reminder.html

kevinrm 01-30-2014 06:12 AM

I'm doubting they do that at my site much because I don't sell a generic product, no other competitor sells exactly the same products which I do. They may sell similar items, but not the same. I sell a category of food related products which I obtain from farmers and part of my marketing strategy is that I sell higher end, higher quality versions, it's an exclusive arrangement between me and the producers.

Also, I'm not so sure many shoppers shop the way you say they are. Not that I doubt it isn't done, only that I don't believe it's the norm. I certainly do not shop that way. I may look for cheaper versions of something, but not to the point of putting it in the cart on several sites at the same time.

If even half of these customers are coming back because of the offer, it's still quite a bit of cash coming back, I'm pretty happy with this mod.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflsystems
You have to keep in mind nowdays shoppers do not go to site, add to cart and order. They go to site, add to cart, then go to another site and do the same and another site... They compare prices, shipping, trustworthy of site, return policy, etc and final decision where to place the order may come days after. So not necessarily abandoned cart is abandoned...
Customer may come back without being pushed with offers and such.

cflsystems 01-30-2014 09:04 AM

Every business is different. The good thing is this works for you. I know I will pay more if I have to but to get the product from more reliable (in my eyes) place. A discount offer is good and it does work of course, so many people are looking for a deal...
I don't doubt the module - it sure works and if any business using it can recover even 20% of abandoned carts it is still a big chunk...

xtech 02-07-2014 12:08 AM

I have added this purchased module in my store 4.6.1 Platinum and test product by adding it to cart from a customer account looged out and test it from admin http://www.yourdomain.com/admin/abandoned_carts.php but it is showing

Page not found!
The requested page does not exist or you are not allowed to access it!

I cannot find any abandoned cart from admin.

What is the issue?

My theme is Reboot and x-cart version is 4.6.1 Platinum.

Thanks.

xtech 02-07-2014 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocky
Good news!

Abandoned Cart Reminder for X-Cart 5 has been released:

http://www.x-cart.com/extensions/addons/abandoned-cart-reminder.html

Hello,
Can you please let me know How to work it with reboot template?I think it is working on admin level then why skin file required?

Thanks.

Tigershark8700 02-08-2014 11:37 PM

I have a few questions about this module .. mostly about internal rules that were programmed in for the logic.

1. How long does it take for the system to identify an order being marked as abandoned? Example: Customer adds an item to their cart, they leave the site, than they are marked as an abandoned order. What is the time interval in this situation?

Knowing this will help improve how to properly setup the frequency time for each email.

2. Is there an internal rule that aggregates orders within an specific timeframe to the customer? Example: I abandon an order at 1pm, and abandon an order at 1:30pm. The order abandonment email is set to go out in 4 hours. Does this mean that ALL orders within the past 4 hour increment are included with this email? This way it shows a COMBINED shopping cart of orders, instead of individual emails / orders.

3. The statistics area is a little bare, it would be great to know:

- Value of Shopping Cart when abandoned
- Value of Shopping Cart when recovered (this can show how much additional items/sales were generated by the customer purchasing more items). ~ Abandon Cart Emails are known to increase the chance a customer will add MORE items to their cart.
- % of recovered orders
- Click Through Rate
- Purchase Rate

Having some basic details over each email can make it easier for users to A/B Split Test each recovery email for the best results.

Thanks,
Ryan

xtech 02-12-2014 12:34 AM

Hello,
Can I get any update from you if this module will work on reboot template or not?

I have sent so many tickets to support but got no positive reply.

Will it work on 4.6.1 Platinum?