X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Changing design (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Mistake in language file (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=1)

Anonymous 09-12-2002 09:01 AM

Mistake in language file

8O

I spotted something missing from the uk language variable txt_contact_us_sent

Your message was successfully sent to our support team. We will reply to you shortly.

the word to was missing.

There seems to be a fair bit of odd english in the language settings.

ambal 09-13-2002 04:32 AM

Thank you!

Thank you for your feedback.
I have fixed that in our source files. Next release will have this fixed.
:oops:

chris 09-18-2002 02:36 PM

errors in English

There are several errors in English throughout their products - both fcart and xcart - I offered to review the English for them as it is not their mother tongue - unfortunately they seem to have ignored the suggestion which is a pity as I have a lot of respect for their company and their undoubted software skills.

A glaring bit of non English in f-cart is "we recommend you" - it took me ages to find out where they had tucked this away in their code - it is small issues like this that mar an otherwise excellent product.

shan 09-18-2002 02:48 PM

Hi,

Yeh I offered to do the same too, if i spot any more ill post them here

shan

chris 09-18-2002 02:59 PM

Do you know of a good host for php for x-cart in the UK?

Hi Shan the speed of your reply suggests you may be on the board at present - as you are in the uk do you know of a good and reasonably priced host which will handle php with safe-mode disabled - my own host hotchilli.co.uk will not disable safe mode and the host (addr.com) recommended by the Russian developers is HOPELESS.

Thanks in advance, feel free to email me off-board if you like.

Chris (cprc@btclick.com)

Ian 09-18-2002 10:29 PM

Chris ...

I use http://www.uksecurewebhosting.net/ I find them to be very good indeed. THe service and help I got was the best I have had from a hosting company. They are in Lincolnshire. They must be good for me to use then cause I am in Australia!!

All the best
Ian

chris 09-18-2002 11:31 PM

Thanks Ian

I have looked at the host you mentioned - they look just the ticket - I will definitely consider them next time as it has cost me a small fortune to get my latest f-cart on line with my current host due to their insisting that I use a Thawte Certificate simply to collect credit card info.

Thanks again,

Chris

Anonymous 09-19-2002 04:28 AM

Hi Chris & Shan,

Quote:

I spotted something missing from the uk language variable txt_contact_us_sent

I have recently purchased X-Cart 3.1.3a, I spent several hours correcting spelling and grammar errors in the language section, part of the problem was in some areas several "lng.txt_" variables are used to create a paragraph in a page section, so altering the text under e.g. "lng.txt_A" when used with other "lng.txt_B and lng.txt_C", could end up making no sense, even though the spelling and grammar are correct.

Having said all that, I often make quit a few, part due to typos and late night editing, and I seem to be developing a habit of reversing hcaracters! Like that one.

Quote:

Hi Shan the speed of your reply suggests you may be on the board at present - as you are in the uk do you know of a good and reasonably priced host which will handle php with safe-mode disabled - my own host hotchilli.co.uk will not disable safe mode and the host (addr.com) recommended by the Russian developers is HOPELESS.

Chris, take a look at www.prowebspace.com also. I had to changed from my last host "Host Europe" (includes WebFusion, Magic Moments hosting sites, and 123.REG domains) after installing X-cart
I discovered they will not enable PHP or ASP on their secured servers.

Lucky for me I discovered this within the 30 Day full refund period, as I had paid for a years hosting and site submission.

ProWebSpace have one of the best hosting packags I seen, and I spent 35 days researching hosting sites. Everything you need to run X-Cart is already installed (Pearl modules etc).

I have the GOLD package, it includes unlimited MySQL databases, 10 subdomains, 250MB disk space, secure server and safe mode is OFF.

Make sure you checkout the memberБ─≥s forum, it's first rate for support.

Regards,

Syddos
www.stackofgoods.com

syddos 09-19-2002 04:45 AM

Above post from GUEST

X-Cart are messing with the backgrounds and colours of the forum, while I was writing the above message, it seems to have chucked me out when they update their changes.

I prefer the old colours, what do you think?

I also forgot to mention that I'm in the London, England.

Regards,

Syddos @13:46 GMT

B00MER 09-19-2002 05:01 AM

It matchs their main site though, atleast they are staying color consistent, which is a good thing! I've seen too many phpBB's that use the default skin :?