X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Customization of dialog part of individual pages (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=15913)

Dongan 08-14-2005 11:15 PM

Customization of dialog part of individual pages

Hi,

I think it is not too complicated to implement. however you should be bit careful.

This is an example for creating the own look for product view details part. You can make the changes like this to all the pages you wish to differentiate from the default dialog design.

1) Create a file dialog_product.tpl under skin1 directory.

2) Copy the contents of dialog.tpl to dialog_product.tpl file

3) Now change the look of the dialog_product.tpl as you want

4) Here is the trick...

Open skin1/customer/product.tpl file

then

change the code

{capture menu=dialog}

to

{capture menu=dialog_product}

then come to the capture close part...

{/capture}
{include file="dialog.tpl" title=$product.producttitle content=$smarty.capture.dialog extra="width=100%"}

change this to

{/capture}
{include file="dialog_product.tpl" title=$product.producttitle content=$smarty.capture.dialog_product extra="width=100%"}

that's it.

balinor 08-16-2005 12:01 PM

Just to add my 2 cents, this will also work with any of the other dialog boxes throughout the site.

Dongan 08-16-2005 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by balinor
Just to add my 2 cents, this will also work with any of the other dialog boxes throughout the site.

Yeah. It will work with all the dialog boxes.

STORed 09-15-2005 09:26 AM

I love this forum! Within the first hour of being here I come across this great post. Thank you! I spent over an hour yesterday trying to untangle this one.

Now, where do I change {$title} ? I really do not need that item number appended at the end of the product name.

Also it appears that something still restricts the width of the {$content}. i suspect it's some sort of space reserved for something, maybe image?... Where can I change this?

Dongan 09-15-2005 08:38 PM

You should look at dialog.tpl file.

shan 09-16-2005 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STORed
I love this forum! Within the first hour of being here I come across this great post. Thank you! I spent over an hour yesterday trying to untangle this one.

Now, where do I change {$title} ? I really do not need that item number appended at the end of the product name.

Also it appears that something still restricts the width of the {$content}. i suspect it's some sort of space reserved for something, maybe image?... Where can I change this?

if your talking about the main product detail page its probably the save % label on the right

STORed 09-16-2005 02:30 PM

Yes, I got it!

cotc2001 09-16-2005 10:37 PM

not sure what this does, can anyone post a before and afer screenshot