X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   XC SEO v1.1.0 Released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=25297)

Sahani 10-17-2006 04:58 AM

Re: XC SEO v1.1.0 Released

Hi I get the following error now when I attempted to patch my live store -

PATCH RESULTS
SQL PATCH FAILED AT QUERY:
INSERT INTO xcart_config (name,comment,value,category,orderby,type,defvalue ) VALUES ('xcseo_keyword_injection','Specify a keyword to inject into rewritten urls','','XC_SEO',10,'text','')

PATCH LOG

Has anyone come across the same or similar problem?

intel352 10-17-2006 05:13 AM

If you have already run the SQL, do not re-run the SQL commands, as it will put double-entries into your database.

Sahani: what version of X-Cart are you running?

Sorry I haven't posted the release yet guys, I apologize, I have to doublecheck documentation today to make sure the upgrade process is properly recorded, then I should be able to upload the release. I've just been busier than usual as of late :-(

Sahani 10-17-2006 06:51 AM

Hi there intel352.
After getting the error, I checked the SQL tables and nothing had been inserted. I re-logged into x-cart and retried the SQL updates and it worked fine. I have no idea why I got the error result...maybe a session issue with x-cart..i can only speculate :(

I am currently running x-cart 4.12, the mod now works fine on my live store...www.sahanishop.com

Thanks again :)

jasonroy 10-18-2006 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intel352
Sorry I haven't posted the release yet guys, I apologize, I have to doublecheck documentation today to make sure the upgrade process is properly recorded, then I should be able to upload the release. I've just been busier than usual as of late :-(

No worries, while we're all anxious we're still patient. Can't really complain when its a freebie, right?

Jerrad 10-18-2006 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intel352

I'm the one that should apologize - it's because of me that intel is busier than usual... ;-)

His interpretation of helping is beyond anything I ever experienced! :-) :-)

Scott DeToffol 10-20-2006 06:54 AM

Intel352 - any way you could update us on when your next version will be ready? I'm trying to be patient but I have a feeling that Google is about to re-index my site and I'd love to get the latest bits.

Thanks.

Viejo 10-20-2006 06:45 PM

Intel352: What a great contribution to the forum. I set it up on a 4.1.3 that I'm building and it works just great! Can't thank you enough.

Been looking at the rewritten url for categories. In a large store there may be so many similar products in a category (or in the store for that matter) that a simple url (www.somesite.com/sweaters/great-sweater.html) will confict at some point. The categories shouldn't, I would think, and the category page is very often a landing page on our sites. We SEO them and bring visitors there instead of to a specific product page (unless it's a ppc visitor).

What do you think of adding a todo for an option in your module that truncates the category rewrites to just the category name, i.e. www.somesite.com/sweaters.html ?

intel352 10-24-2006 08:13 PM

XC SEO v1.1.5 released

I apologize for the multiple delays, I wanted to give this "version" a bit more time to test. Is working well on SoundChoiceStore, please give feedback for your installation.

See first post for download.

Changelog

Quote:

XC SEO 1.1.5 (rev 37 - October 24, 2006)
====================================

* Fix: X-Cart internal Redirect mechanism fixed to prevent adding SessionID for bots
* Fix: Language selector redirect was not functioning properly due to structure of rewritten URLs
* Fix: XC SEO will no longer do any URL processing/checking on a "redirect" URL, such as after form submission
* Fix: XC SEO will no longer do any URL processing/checking on non-GET requests
* Added secure.htaccess - optional rules to add to top of .htaccess file for security (no guarantees provided, intended for 4.1.x series...)
* Added options to Admin configuration of XC SEO for further tweaking of search engine optimization
* Added ability to rewrite SIMPLE search urls
- for users that have scripts to show Recent Searches (geared towards search engines,
- but also useful to users. I'll release a Recent Searches script separately)
* Added condition that if Webmaster Mode is enabled, XC SEO does not rewrite URLs. Helps Webmasters when linking to products/pages
- Example: when you create a link within X-Cart to a product, you should link to the original product.php url, so that
- XC SEO may rewrite the urls with the same consistent algorithm (mainly for the event of a bug-fixed release)
* Updated install/remove SQL
* Updated url matching REGEX for accuracy within html
* Updated XC SEO to more accurately match URLs that need to be redirected

intel352 10-24-2006 08:15 PM

Viejo, the module currently implements the category id in the url, so that X-Cart's speed doesn't change much (if any). I do intend to release a more "intensive" version of XC SEO at a later date, that will focus on truncating ALL urls so that they no longer need the category/product id, etc. Similar to CD SEO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viejo
Intel352: What a great contribution to the forum. I set it up on a 4.1.3 that I'm building and it works just great! Can't thank you enough.

Been looking at the rewritten url for categories. In a large store there may be so many similar products in a category (or in the store for that matter) that a simple url (www.somesite.com/sweaters/great-sweater.html) will confict at some point. The categories shouldn't, I would think, and the category page is very often a landing page on our sites. We SEO them and bring visitors there instead of to a specific product page (unless it's a ppc visitor).

What do you think of adding a todo for an option in your module that truncates the category rewrites to just the category name, i.e. www.somesite.com/sweaters.html ?

Jerrad 10-25-2006 05:29 AM

XC SEO v1.1.5 Released

Thanks for this new version intel!
As far as I can tell now, it works great.

I can't find the includes/func/func.core.php in x-cart version 4.0.12, but I do have the get_language.php in the include directory.
The code that need to be changed when the language selector is enabled, is on line 130.

Thanks again! :)