X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (X-Cart 5) (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   How to change sidebar width? (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=72949)

sinobest 10-23-2015 10:51 AM

How to change sidebar width?
 
http://www.dentalloupes.net/ , using x-cart 5.2.8, free version.

.sidebar
width:25%

#content
75%


how to change them to:
.sidebar
width:30%

#content
70%

tks.

razortw 10-24-2015 12:23 PM

Re: How to change sidebar width?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sinobest
http://www.dentalloupes.net/ , using x-cart 5.2.8, free version.

.sidebar
width:25%

#content
75%


how to change them to:
.sidebar
width:30%

#content
70%

tks.

Hello.
I'd be glad to help, but I can not view your site
It says that this webpage has a redirect loop.
Can you please fix that and I'll take a look.

Thanks!

sinobest 10-25-2015 03:09 AM

Re: How to change sidebar width?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by razortw
Hello.
I'd be glad to help, but I can not view your site
It says that this webpage has a redirect loop.
Can you please fix that and I'll take a look.

Thanks!


dear, tks for your help. i have changed the width, would you pls tell me how to change the categories font size? i think they are too big.

kevinrm 10-25-2015 10:18 PM

Re: How to change sidebar width?
 
If you asked how to do it and then figured it out, perhaps you could share your knowledge...

razortw 10-27-2015 06:18 AM

Re: How to change sidebar width?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sinobest
dear, tks for your help. i have changed the width, would you pls tell me how to change the categories font size? i think they are too big.

Hello.
You should add this code into the Custom CSS section in your admin area.
Code:

.sidebar .catalog-categories > li > a { 
  font-size: 14px;
}

This will set the category font to 14px, change it to whatever you want.

ilclark 07-30-2020 10:53 PM

Re: How to change sidebar width?
 
This is a very old question, but in my case relevant and as part of the original question wasn't answered, I too would like to know how to modify the sidebar / content widths.
I've tried custom.css but this doesn't seem to work. :?

@media (min-width: 1200px)
.sidebar {
width: 20%;
}
@media (min-width: 1200px)
.one-sidebar #content {
width: 80%;
}

ilclark 08-02-2020 02:45 AM

Re: How to change sidebar width?
 
As usual, looking for answers for other issues I came across a reference to using custom CSS in this way in the knowledge base.

To help anyone in the future though, shown below was what I needed, basically just more curly brackets!

@media (min-width: 1200px) {
.sidebar {
width: 20%;
}
}

@media (min-width: 1200px) {
.one-sidebar #content {
width: 80%;
}
}

Credit to : https://kb.x-cart.com/look_and_feel/basic_skin_changes/changing_logo_size_for_crisp_white_skin.html


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.