X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   X-Cart 4.3 beta testing (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=48367)

ADDISON 07-08-2009 10:31 AM

Re: X-Cart 4.3 beta testing

I would like to print a product using the Printable version link. It should be open in a new window, without the form activated. If I click the Add to cart button it add product to my shopping cart.

eliasan 07-08-2009 11:47 AM

Thank you for your decision on ProxyPay3 and Deltapay.
Greek market, X-Cart is back!

svowl 07-09-2009 12:10 AM

Dear customers,

X-Cart 4.3.0 beta 2 has been released. You can find it in the File area of your Help Desk. The changelog between beta 1 and beta 2 versions is included into the distribution kit.

ADDISON 07-09-2009 03:48 AM

[X-Cart 4.3.0 Beta 2] Is it something wrong with the installation script? It gives me an error when trying to install a new fresh version.

"Wrong auth code! You can not proceed."

radionov 07-09-2009 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by am2003
[X-Cart 4.3.0 Beta 2] Is it something wrong with the installation script? It gives me an error when trying to install a new fresh version.

You see, when you install X-Cart for the first time, the installation script should not ask for the auth code. Therefore, I presume you are trying to install X-Cart 4.3 Beta-2 to the same directory where X-Cart 4.3.Beta-1 is installed and simply overwrite the existing files and directories. If so, the solution would be to install X-Cart 4.3 Beta-2 to an empty directory.

If you keep getting the same error when installing X-Cart 4.3 Beta-2 to an empty directory, please submit the issue to the bug-tracking system at https://bugtracker.qtmsoft.com/ . And we will investigate the issue in more detail then.

hoosierglass 07-09-2009 05:26 AM

From my understanding of this you have to do a fresh install of 4.3 beta.

If this is the case why is there a file in the distribution package called upgrade.readme that is from 2003????:?

radionov 07-09-2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Why the installation script is not able to create a database? If database already exists, use it. If not create it.

We have added this into X-Cart 4.3 Beta 2. Thank you.
We are also considering other improvements you have posted.

TL408 07-09-2009 10:23 PM

Just curious.......Has the product import process been improved in 4.3 released? Or is it still the same as the 4.1.x platform? Is there any plan to improve this product import going forward?

I found it very hard to manage with the current product import process. The template file is broken down into several different sections such as [PRODUCTS], [DETAILED_IMAGES], [PRODUCT_OPTIONS], [PRODUCT_VARIANTS] and then so on...

Why can't we just use as many columns headers as needed inteads? With the current import template layout right now, you can not cut & paste or move a column around because that same column would impact other sections inside that same file.

For example, column "D" is used for !WEIGHT in the [PRODUCTS] section. But this same "D" column is also being used for !CLASSID in [PRODUCT_OPTIONS] section and !IMAGE in the [DETAILED_IMAGES] section. Each time you to need to move a column around, you need to find out where starts and ends in each section. That is a nightmare when your import file contains several thousand of lines.

radionov 07-09-2009 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xgarb
I think you need to be careful with using AJAX and avoiding using it for it's own sake. The cart update happens so fast that most users won't realise that something happened when they clicked the button.

An improvement might be something like the image below, where text appears to show when the item has been added. This would work really well in pages that have a lot of items that are usually bought in quantity like nuts and bolts or sweets.

The appearance of a remove item button next to the add item would also make a good visual indication that a product had been added. Again on a page with a lot of items normally bought in quantity this might suit someone that has a budget and is adding and removing to reach that price.

Thank you! We are considering your suggestion.

ADDISON 07-12-2009 04:58 AM

Quote:

Still have the problem with installation of 4.3.0 Beta 2.

I went futher on this. I opened the install.php and commented the line 599:
#$critical_error = "wrong_auth_code";

Doing this, I could cheat the installation script. I was able to install the software. I checked also the config.php file and the installation script changed the authorization code from $license = "%License%" to $license ='076E1B39'.

QT please check how the install.php gets and uses the $auth_code_error variable. This is the problem. I did not have any problems installing Beta 1.

Metal-X-Man 07-12-2009 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TL408
Just curious.......Has the product import process been improved in 4.3 released? Or is it still the same as the 4.1.x platform? Is there any plan to improve this product import going forward?

I found it very hard to manage with the current product import process. The template file is broken down into several different sections such as [PRODUCTS], [DETAILED_IMAGES], [PRODUCT_OPTIONS], [PRODUCT_VARIANTS] and then so on...

Why can't we just use as many columns headers as needed inteads? With the current import template layout right now, you can not cut & paste or move a column around because that same column would impact other sections inside that same file.

For example, column "D" is used for !WEIGHT in the [PRODUCTS] section. But this same "D" column is also being used for !CLASSID in [PRODUCT_OPTIONS] section and !IMAGE in the [DETAILED_IMAGES] section. Each time you to need to move a column around, you need to find out where starts and ends in each section. That is a nightmare when your import file contains several thousand of lines.

====
This is a good question. Hopefully X-Cart will respond. The current 4.2.x script is not good and has made it impossible for me to use this script unless I pay for modifications. I would rather revert back to the old import functions of older versions. This is more important than any other feature to us and has caused us to reconsider using other scripts.

Metal-X

garry 07-14-2009 05:17 AM

If we add products etc to the beta 4.3 cart, will it be possible to use the database with the stable version when it arrives?
Or will there be an upgrade script as with other releases/

svowl 07-17-2009 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garry
Or will there be an upgrade script as with other releases/

Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that the database structure of X-Cart 4.3 Beta will remain the same with the official X-Cart 4.3 release. As well as we do not plan to issue special upgrade packs between the beta and the production releases,

Quote:

Originally Posted by TL408

In fact, the principal X-Cart 4.3 development activity has been finished now. And the software undergoes beta testing, which primarily aims at reducing the amount of bugs and errors. Our main goal at this stage is to ensure the stability of the system, but not to add new features and make significant improvements that are most likely to involve new bugs and errors.

James.Schoaf 07-23-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svowl
In fact, the principal X-Cart 4.3 development activity has been finished now. And the software undergoes beta testing, which primarily aims at reducing the amount of bugs and errors. Our main goal at this stage is to ensure the stability of the system, but not to add new features and make significant improvements that are most likely to involve new bugs and errors.

That is awesome, when to expect to release it to the public (what date is your internal team shooting for)?

JRS 07-27-2009 08:51 AM

I am installing X-Cart 4.3 beta version on my WAMP.
Giving following error on installation "Wrong auth code! You can not proceed. ".
Please suggest, how can I get correct auth code?

Thanks in advance.

James.Schoaf 07-27-2009 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metal-X-Man
====
This is a good question. Hopefully X-Cart will respond. The current 4.2.x script is not good and has made it impossible for me to use this script unless I pay for modifications. I would rather revert back to the old import functions of older versions. This is more important than any other feature to us and has caused us to reconsider using other scripts.

Metal-X

I think they skated around this question ;)
I am very curious to this answer as well.

ADDISON 07-27-2009 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS
I am installing X-Cart 4.3 beta version on my WAMP.
Giving following error on installation "Wrong auth code! You can not proceed. ".
Please suggest, how can I get correct auth code?

Thanks in advance.

I reported this to QT. Here is what they said: I was caused by the fact that cookies didn't work properly at localhost in the installation script. The problem has been fixed. The fix will be included into the next release of X-Cart 4.3 Beta.

If you still want to deal with it, follow this tip:

"I went futher on this. I opened the install.php and commented the line 599:
#$critical_error = "wrong_auth_code";

Doing this, I could cheat the installation script. I was able to install the software. I checked also the config.php file and the installation script changed the authorization code from $license = "%License%" to $license ='076E1B39'."

JRS 07-27-2009 09:29 AM

Thanks for response.
I am still not able to find $critical_error = "wrong_auth_code"; at line 599
in install.php file.

Please help in finding. at this line number there is Code:

if (++$i % 10 == 0) {
echo ". ";
flush();
}

ADDISON 07-27-2009 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS
Thanks for response.
I am still not able to find $critical_error = "wrong_auth_code"; at line 599
in install.php file.

Please help in finding. at this line number there is Code:

if (++$i % 10 == 0) {
echo ". ";
flush();
}

Do a search inside the file for that string. Maybe it is at a different line.

Phoenix Tech 08-03-2009 07:10 AM

hi there just a quick question....
when the final upgrade pack comes out for 4.3 people that upgrade to that new version does it change the current skin of the store to the new one in 4.3 or does it keep the structure intact while it upgrades to 4.3

cuase i had a look at the demo version and i hope that it doesnt change my stores interface to that design

cflsystems 08-03-2009 07:34 AM

I don't think there will be templates upgrade. Only DB upgrade. So if you want to switch to 4.3 you will have to redesign from scratch

Dizzi 08-03-2009 06:30 PM

Hey X-cart,
just wondering if there is a prize for the no1 position Beta tester at the end of the beta test competition.

James.Schoaf 08-04-2009 03:57 AM

Quote:

UPDATE 3:

Starting from July 13, an online demo for X-Cart 4.3 beta is publicly available at http://dev.qtmsoft.com/~joy/demo . The online demo will be updated periodically and will include all the latest updates and hot fixes.

I noticed in the
Three Stone Princess Cut Diamond Ring [Detailed product images DEMO]

product that not only does the "View detailed images (4)" link is not working popping up a new window (Or are you going to shadowbox div with sliders w/ all product images) AND by default those thumbnails are not re-sized (they are actually the largest detailed images scaled down, if you weren't planning on going to do an actual image re-size (which would be the best thing imho) should we at least use thumb nailed image sizes to reduce the initail page load?

hoosierglass 08-04-2009 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milo
Hey X-cart,
just wondering if there is a prize for the no1 position Beta tester at the end of the beta test competition.

Why yes, they get to install and upgrade everyone else. 8O

Light Speed 08-04-2009 09:13 AM

Code:

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
        <td align="left" style="padding-right: 10px;">

You're kidding right?

svowl 08-05-2009 03:52 AM

Dear Customers,

X-Cart 4.3.0 beta 3 released on August 05, 2009. You can find the distribution packages in the File area of your Help Desk account. The online demo for X-Cart 4.3 beta was updated as well: http://dev.qtmsoft.com/~joy/demo

Thank you for your help

James.Schoaf 08-05-2009 03:57 AM

I think you forgot to move your .htaccess file, as it seems the product links are broken? :)

Quote:

Dear Customers,

X-Cart 4.3.0 beta 3 released on August 05, 2009. You can find the distribution packages in the File area of your Help Desk account. The online demo for X-Cart 4.3 beta was updated as well: http://dev.qtmsoft.com/~joy/demo

Thank you for your help

svowl 08-05-2009 04:25 AM

fixed
thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by James.Schoaf
I think you forgot to move your .htaccess file, as it seems the product links are broken? :)

sambamu 08-05-2009 05:38 AM

When is the final version of 4.3 is set to release for public?

ADDISON 08-05-2009 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sambamu
When is the final version of 4.3 is set to release for public?

I have the same question but I did not ask it. My experience says it is far better keep focus on killing all the bugs than telling community a wrong time for a release.

We should have patience my friends.

Dizzi 08-06-2009 01:40 PM

At the risk of being a whiner, I think its really bad that X-cart does NOT reward the beta test contest participants, especially the winners (top 3 maybe). We're all expected to help by taking our time to install, test and inevitably find errors in the software and then report these issues all in an effort to help X-cart create a better product for them. They were very quick to answer anything related to helping THEM with THEIR product, but I have asked the question here in the forum as well as sending Vladimir a PM, all with no responce.
I certainly would not help again. Why would I. I ran into problems which took up my time whcih could have been used more prodcutivley elsewhere. We are charged for anything tech related, but are expected to offer our time for FREE. Why even call it a contest.
Anyway, rant over.

X-cart, its a matter of principles.

sambamu 08-06-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

I have the same question but I did not ask it. My experience says it is far better keep focus on killing all the bugs than telling community a wrong time for a release.

We should have patience my friends.

You are absolutely right.

svowl 08-06-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milo
At the risk of being a whiner, I think its really bad that X-cart does NOT reward the beta test contest participants, especially the winners (top 3 maybe). We're all expected to help by taking our time to install, test and inevitably find errors in the software and then report these issues all in an effort to help X-cart create a better product for them. They were very quick to answer anything related to helping THEM with THEIR product, but I have asked the question here in the forum as well as sending Vladimir a PM, all with no responce.
I certainly would not help again. Why would I. I ran into problems which took up my time whcih could have been used more prodcutivley elsewhere. We are charged for anything tech related, but are expected to offer our time for FREE. Why even call it a contest.
Anyway, rant over.

X-cart, its a matter of principles.

Miles, sorry, I didn't manage to answer you yesterday.
We did not plan any rewards for beta-testing X-Cart 4.3.0. However if any of the most active testers contributes greatly to stabilizing the software, we will consider offering a prize after the beta-testing of X-Cart 4.3.0 is completed.
We will also consider offering a reward to the best beta-testers of the next version of the software.

rrf 08-07-2009 12:02 AM

I guess now It's too late to announce competition for beta-testers.
However, I do think that the idea is good and we should announce rewards for beta-testers when we release future versions.

cflsystems 08-07-2009 04:32 AM

A liitle bit off topic but somehow related
Watch out, developers: Here come the lawyers

Developers who 'knowingly' ship buggy software may be held liable for damages. That might be good for users -- but a sloppy set of guidelines could hurt open source

http://www.infoworld.com/t/software-licensing/watch-out-developers-here-come-lawyers-436?source=IFWNLE_nlt_blogs_2009-08-06

ncben 08-08-2009 11:38 AM

New issue with X-SpecialOffer:

If "Give product for free" is used and multiple categories are included in the promotion, even quantity is set to one for each category, the customer gets one free item from EACH category. It shouldn't work that way. The customer should only get one free item from all the categories listed.

donavichi 08-10-2009 01:31 AM

Just had a look at the x-cart 4.3 demo site and none of the products are viewable - it seems the rewrite bug from 4.2 is still present in 4.3.
(The requested URL /~xcart/demo/dispatcher.php was not found on this server.)

Not great, is there a fix for this?

TL408 08-10-2009 06:47 PM

The "X-Cart Import/Export guide" link within admin area is dead
http://www.x-cart.com/xcart_manual/compiled/X-Cart_430%20beta%203_import_export_guide.pdf

ADDISON 08-10-2009 09:07 PM

Use this link to report bugs and issues:

https://bugtracker.qtmsoft.com

lash 08-11-2009 09:44 PM

Will the Special offer have the function to add offer based on manufacturers and not just categories? Like buy 2 products from brand X and get product Y for free. Many of my brands offer this kind of promotions to the resellers and they are all brand specific.