X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=66570)

OpheliaPayne 02-26-2014 10:22 AM

Re: X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template

Phil, we still have 3-4 tickets that are open that need some help on please.

xtech 02-27-2014 05:03 AM

Hello Phil,
In our store Add To cart Pop is taking nearly 1 minutes after clicking Buy now button.Can you please suggest why this is happening?

How to load faster?

Thanks.

elmirage001 02-27-2014 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtech
Hello Phil,
In our store Add To cart Pop is taking nearly 1 minutes after clicking Buy now button.Can you please suggest why this is happening?

How to load faster?

Thanks.

This is caused by x-cart, not reBOOT. Please see this post http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=67556

I made the changes and now it's very fast!

electrics 02-28-2014 10:30 AM

Proper UPGRADE procedure:

We have upgraded to the newest version of the ReBoot Template. How do we restore all of our customizations, settings, etc after uploading the new files?

We now need to restore all of our custom settings as it is default mode now.

Additionally, none of my product images are loading. I just get a spinning wheel.

Please advise on the step by step process for this.

Best,

Frank
babyshowersbymail.com

xtech 03-01-2014 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmirage001
This is caused by x-cart, not reBOOT. Please see this post http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=67556

I made the changes and now it's very fast!

I have done this modifications but still pop up is taking time.I cannot understand the issue.

Can you please let me know how to resolve this issue?

Moccachino 03-01-2014 05:21 PM

Add to cart popup product image loading issue.

The picture of the product will not load the timer spinner image keeps whizzing around trying to load.

When the template is changed to one of the standard Xcart ones this works quite fine the image loads with out a problem therefore it is a template issue.

Does anyone have a fix for this please.

PhilJ 03-02-2014 03:47 AM

Quote:

Add to cart popup product image loading issue.

The picture of the product will not load the timer spinner image keeps whizzing around trying to load.
skin/reboot/modules/Add_to_cart_popup/product_added.tpl

Replace...
Code:

<a href="{$product_url}" class="{if $config.Reboot.reboot_unify eq "Y"}unify thumb_size_medium{/if}">
With...
Code:

<a href="{$product_url}" class="{if $config.Reboot.reboot_unify eq "Y"}thumb_size_medium{/if}">

Moccachino 03-02-2014 02:55 PM

Thanks Phil,

The code worked perfectly only the picture was too big so changed the script to thumb_size_small. This works.

xtech 03-02-2014 11:13 PM

Hello Phill,
Can you please help me why my add to cart is taking so much time and after long time popup box appear and cart/checkout page is somehow slow.

I have implemented this -"This is caused by x-cart, not reBOOT. Please see this post http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=67556 "but still no luck.

Why it is happening I cannot understand can you help me how to open popup fast and does not take long time to open.

Thank you.

PhilJ 03-03-2014 03:07 AM

Quote:

Can you please help me why my add to cart is taking so much time and after long time popup box appear and cart/checkout page is somehow slow.
Hard to say why, it could be due to various factors... off the top of my head...

- Are you using an older browser, like IE8
- Do you have a large number of products displayed on one page
- Low server spec, or server limitations
- Too many people in the store at once

I just checked your store in Firefox and Chrome and for me there was no major 'add to cart' delay, or slowness in the checkout.

PhilJ 03-03-2014 03:14 AM

Quote:

We have upgraded to the newest version of the ReBoot Template. How do we restore all of our customizations, settings, etc after uploading the new files?

Assuming you made a backup of your skin/reboot folder before the upgrade, you can trace/redo your customisations by using a file comparison tool such as KDIFF or Beyond Compare.

If you have applied the new SQL patch, then you'll need to redo your settings.

When you start customising, it's your responsibility to keep track of changes made to the templates, make appropriate backups etc.

PhilJ 03-03-2014 01:58 PM

New v2 addon - Video Playlist

Comes in two editions...

BASIC
  • Option 1 - Display up to 10 YouTube / Vimeo videos of your choice
  • Option 2 - Display ALL videos from your YouTube / Vimeo accounts
  • Optional autoplay and starting video
EXTENDED
  • Displays up to 10 YouTube / Vimeo videos of your choice
  • Optional display of custom video descriptions / links per video below playlist (good for SEO)
  • Optional autoplay and starting video
  • Updated 6th March, simplified some CSS and JS code
Both have other options to tweak the playlist theme and are fully responsive.

Get the addons here (v2 addons tab)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Also, we're offering $50 off the template until the end of March !

Coupon code = REBOOT50MARCH

costanza 03-03-2014 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilJ
You can make any images responsive, by adding the class "img-responsive".

If you want a border around the image, you can use class="img-responsive img-thumbnail"

Hi Phil,

Using your template on 2 sites now. Great template!!

Is there a way to make an image responsive & have it centered? I added the class img-responsive, but then the image doesn't follow the center formatting from x-cart's html editor.

(using V2 Reboot on 4.6.2 on this site)

Thanks!

PhilJ 03-03-2014 07:14 PM

Quote:

Is there a way to make an image responsive & have it centered?

Sure, add this CSS to skin/reboot/css/reboot.css ... (if it's not there already)
Code:

.img-center { margin: 0 auto; }
Then add...
Code:

class="img-responsive img-center"
...to your images.

You can also make use of the Bootstrap class .center-block but I prefer this method.

OpheliaPayne 03-03-2014 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OpheliaPayne
Phil, we still have 3-4 tickets that are open that need some help on please.

Phil, can we please get a reply to the tickets that we have open? Some of them really are higher priority and are causing load issues. Please.

PhilJ 03-03-2014 07:45 PM

Quote:

Phil, can we please get a reply to the tickets that we have open? Some of them really are higher priority and are causing load issues. Please.
Ophelia, please update one of your tickets detailing all your current issues and I will address them tomorrow morning. I do apologise for you having to wait for a response.

xtech 03-03-2014 10:06 PM

Quote:

Hard to say why, it could be due to various factors... off the top of my head...

- Are you using an older browser, like IE8
- Do you have a large number of products displayed on one page
- Low server spec, or server limitations
- Too many people in the store at once

I just checked your store in Firefox and Chrome and for me there was no major 'add to cart' delay, or slowness in the checkout.

Hello Phil,
Thank you for checking my site.
> Are you using an older browser, like IE8 -No I am using Mozilla Firefox and chrome but it is taking long time to open (Add to cart Popup box)
>Do you have a large number of products displayed on one page -No on home page 20 products and on category or brand page 32 products max
> Low server spec, or server limitations - I am using Dedicated Server so no question of low server configurations.
> Too many people in the store at once - New store so no question of Maximum user at a time.

But still buy now popup is taking long time to open.

Also I have enabled One page checkout but cart page and one page checkout page is bit slow from my locations using Firefox

Also i told you in the ticket that after enabling one page checkout there is a large white space above footer.

How to recover these issues?Please help me.

Thanks.

PhilJ 03-03-2014 10:12 PM

Could it be your own broadband connection? Reboot your router and system?

I checked again just now and had no issues in adding to cart or checkout. Everything is quite speedy.

The chances are, it's not down to the reBOOT template, but PM me if you wish and I'll take another look.

xtech 03-04-2014 04:54 AM

Quote:

Not yet, post a ticket and I will gladly test it for you.

The template should be already "patched" for the Rich google Search Results module, you just need to install the module in the usual way.

But if you want to check manually, the files are here

There is only one PHP file to patch (product.php) and you'll see the following in the template files...

I have posted.

Also I have added Rich google search results but cannot see any results in google.

I cannot understand why this is happened !

Thanks.

costanza 03-04-2014 04:07 PM

Hi Phil,

I would like to comment out the "sort by" and "view all" options on the product grid page. Can you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

PhilJ 03-06-2014 04:00 AM

Quote:

I would like to comment out the "sort by" and "view all" options on the product grid page. Can you please point me in the right direction?

1) Edit include/search.php

Replace...
Code:

$perPageValues[9999] = '9999';
With...
Code:

//$perPageValues[9999] = '9999';

2) Edit skin/reboot/customer/search_sort_by.tpl

Comment out this line...
Code:

<option value="" selected="selected">{$lng.lbl_sort_by}</option>

PhilJ 03-06-2014 04:53 AM

For those wondering about v4.6.3 compatibility, the demo has been updated here...

http://www.xcartmods.co.uk/reboot/463

costanza 03-06-2014 02:35 PM

Quote:

1) Edit include/search.php

Replace...
Code:

$perPageValues[9999] = '9999';
With...
Code:

//$perPageValues[9999] = '9999';

2) Edit skin/reboot/customer/search_sort_by.tpl

Comment out this line...
Code:

<option value="" selected="selected">{$lng.lbl_sort_by}</option>

Thanks for the quick reply Phil. I tried what you mentioned & it didn't work. I'm not sure if you understood me.

I was referring to the category pages (products listed in grid view). There is a drop down menu "sort by" price, sku etc & number of products listed per page. These drop down menus are at the top and bottom of the category pages, and I want to remove these.

PhilJ 03-06-2014 02:38 PM

Yes, if you make those two changes, it'll remove 'view all' option and the sort by label. Did you clear your template cache afterwards?

But if you want to remove the dropdowns altogether, comment out the code from skin/reboot/customer/main/navigation.tpl

costanza 03-06-2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Yes, if you make those two changes, it'll remove 'view all' option and the sort by label. Did you clear your template cache afterwards?

But if you want to remove the dropdowns altogether, comment out the code from skin/reboot/customer/main/navigation.tpl

Thanks again for all your help - great customer service and great template!!

Yes, I wanted to completely remove the dropdowns (sorry for the confusion). I commented out all the code from navigation.tpl and it works exactly as I wanted!

OpheliaPayne 03-06-2014 08:04 PM

I am still waiting on replies to my 3 tickets please. Thank you.

xtech 03-07-2014 12:27 AM

Hello Phil,
Have you any chances to see Abandoned cart Module to make it compatible with reboot.

Also I have added Rich google search results module in my reboot but got no results from google.What is happening I cannot understand !!!

Can you please help me for these two modules?

Thanks,
xtech

OpheliaPayne 03-07-2014 06:14 PM

Quote:

Ophelia, please update one of your tickets detailing all your current issues and I will address them tomorrow morning. I do apologise for you having to wait for a response.

I have updated the ticket, even submitted a new one, and unfortunately, I still have not gotten a reply. I would love to have these issues resolved.

PhilJ 03-10-2014 05:17 AM

Quote:

I have updated the ticket, even submitted a new one, and unfortunately, I still have not gotten a reply. I would love to have these issues resolved.
I have replied to your three tickets.

PhilJ 03-10-2014 05:18 AM

Quote:

Have you any chances to see Abandoned cart Module to make it compatible with reboot.
I have installed it on the v4.6.3 demo, feel free to test it out. For testing purposes, I have set it to send out a reminder email after 1 hour.

If you get a patch error when installing, in the patch file, x-abandoned-cart-reminder.sql try replacing...
Quote:

INSERT INTO
With...
Quote:

REPLACE INTO

If using X-Cart Platinum, ensure you're in 'Simple Mode' or logged in as a provider, or else you won't see the abandoned carts links in the admin > orders menu.

Quote:

I have added Rich google search results module in my reboot but got no results from google.What is happening I cannot understand !!!
Most likely you will need to wait a short while before Google reindexes your site. Maybe try resubmitting your XML sitemap.

xtech 03-11-2014 01:06 AM

Quote:

I have installed it on the v4.6.3 demo, feel free to test it out. For testing purposes, I have set it to send out a reminder email after 1 hour.

If you get a patch error when installing, in the patch file, x-abandoned-cart-reminder.sql try replacing...
With...

If using X-Cart Platinum, ensure you're in 'Simple Mode' or logged in as a provider, or else you won't see the abandoned carts links in the admin > orders menu.

Most likely you will need to wait a short while before Google reindexes your site. Maybe try resubmitting your XML sitemap.

Thank you for your help.

As this module already installed so when I try to run sql patch it throws an error that I send you in the ticket. Also I have uploaded reboot related files that you send me.

Now can you please clarify me one thing If using X-Cart Platinum, ensure you're in 'Simple Mode' or logged in as a provider, or else you won't see the abandoned carts links in the admin > orders menu.

What does it mean?

As my version is Platinum so if I enable simple mode it becomes gold.What you think module is not compatible with Platinum?

Also I have generated new sitemap and submit it to google now lets see the result.

If still problem persist then request you to check the issue.

Thanks a lot.

PhilJ 03-11-2014 01:51 AM

I was just saying that in Platinum, the abandoned cart options, only appear for providers.

Refer to the wiki page - http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:Abandoned_Cart_Reminder

PhilJ 03-12-2014 09:40 AM

Here is a small fix to the tabs/accordions javascript, for those who use Clean URLs or CDSEO.

Just replace skin/reboot/js/custom/jquery.tabs.accordions.min.js with this one.

Basically when you click on a tab or accordion, it maintains the page slug with tab/accordion anchor.

If you do not use Clean URLs or CDSEO, you needn't replace the file.

Kman 03-12-2014 05:02 PM

Thanks for the fix, Phil. Much appreciated.

xtech 03-13-2014 03:31 AM

Hello Phil,
I have installed the new version of reboot but when i delete Bootstrap CSS CDN URL//netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.1.1/css/bootstrap.min.css and call locally then the effect is not applied and entire CSS getting distorted also facing jQuery pop up alert like- blockUI requires jQuery v1.2.3 or later! You are using v1.10.2

How to recover these issue?

Thank you.

elmirage001 03-13-2014 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtech
Hello Phil,
I have installed the new version of reboot but when i delete Bootstrap CSS CDN URL//netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.1.1/css/bootstrap.min.css and call locally then the effect is not applied and entire CSS getting distorted also facing jQuery pop up alert like- blockUI requires jQuery v1.2.3 or later! You are using v1.10.2

How to recover these issue?

Thank you.

Until you hear from Phil try the following.

In reBOOT Admin jQuery CDN URL replace
Code:

//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.10.2/jquery.min.js
With
Code:

//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.3/jquery.min.js

xtech 03-13-2014 09:24 PM

Quote:

Until you hear from Phil try the following.

In reBOOT Admin jQuery CDN URL replace
Code:

//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.10.2/jquery.min.js
With
Code:

//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.3/jquery.min.js

Thanks it works for me.But when i delete from reboot optimization tools Bootstrap CSS CDN URL//netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.1.1/css/bootstrap.min.css and call locally then the effect is not applied and entire CSS getting distorted

What is the issue here?

Thanks.

elmirage001 03-13-2014 09:44 PM

If you delete it out of the reboot optimization tools then it defer loads from /skin/reboot/lib/jquery-min.js which is the same version jQuery v1.10.2 so you have the same issues. See Step 7. from the installation file below.

Quote:

7) In skin/common_files/customer/service_js.tpl

REPLACE...

{load_defer file="lib/jquery-min.js" type="js"}

WITH...

{* Reboot Template *}
{if $active_modules.Reboot}
{if $config.Reboot.reboot_jqcdn ne ""}
<script type="text/javascript" src="{if $is_https_zone}https{else}http{/if}:{$config.Reboot.reboot_jqcdn}"></script>
{else}
{/if}
{else}
{/if}
{* /Reboot Template *}

xtech 03-13-2014 09:48 PM

Quote:

If you delete it out of the reboot optimization tools then it defer loads from /skin/reboot/lib/jquery-min.js which is the same version jQuery v1.10.2 so you have the same issues. See Step 7. from the installation file below.

Js issue resolved.I am now telling about CSS issue.when i delete from reboot optimization tools Bootstrap CSS CDN URL//netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.1.1/css/bootstrap.min.css and call locally then the effect is not applied and entire CSS getting distorted.

It was working in previous version but now it is not working.can you help me on this?

elmirage001 03-13-2014 10:11 PM

Can't reproduce any issues on 4.6.1 site with v2.3.2

Make sure the code below is in reboot_head.tpl and that the bootstrap.min.css file in "css/vendor/bootstrap.min.css" is Bootstrap v3.1.1

If the above is good then have to wait for Phil...

Quote:

{if $config.Reboot.reboot_bscsscdn ne ""}
<link rel="stylesheet" href="{if $is_https_zone}https{else}http{/if}:{$config.Reboot.reboot_bscsscdn}">
{else}
{load_defer file="css/vendor/bootstrap.min.css" type="css"}
{/if}