X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (X-Cart 5) (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Completed orders (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=68981)

Luisv 04-04-2014 07:00 AM

Completed orders

Why is xcart 5 sending me a "Your Order has been Processed" email? Isn't it enough that I get the order? Why am I also getting the "order has been processed" email? I do not need to clutter my inbox with this redundant information. I'm happy to send the customer this email (and it does). How can I turn this off?

totaltec 04-04-2014 04:13 PM

Re: Completed orders

I'd expect to find this setting under Store Setup> Contact Information > Notifications

But it seems that the ability to turn this off in the admin is simply not there.

Luisv 04-04-2014 05:33 PM

I agree, it's not there!! Does anyone have any idea how to turn this off?

totaltec 04-05-2014 09:35 AM

If it is not an option currently, then it will have to be custom coded into a module I would think. Stating the obvious, I know. :-)

tony_sologubov 04-07-2014 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luisv
Why is xcart 5 sending me a "Your Order has been Processed" email? Isn't it enough that I get the order? Why am I also getting the "order has been processed" email? I do not need to clutter my inbox with this redundant information. I'm happy to send the customer this email (and it does). How can I turn this off?

Hi Luis!

Usually admins do want to get email notifications that order has been processed. This way they can react quicker to the order. However, if you do not want to receive them, you have two options
1) set up your mail client to put all this notifications to some folder, so they would not distract you
2) you can write a simple mod that will disable such notifications

Tony.

RichieRich 04-07-2014 04:49 AM

I dont want to get those emails as it will be in excess of 100 per day. It is easier for me to check the orders page once, than get an email every 5 minutes and then delete it.

tartaglia 04-07-2014 09:00 AM

Tony,

Not that I am XC5 user (yet), but in XC 4.5.X (and I assume follow-on version of XC 4.X) there were two simple settings to enable or disable this email notification (Processed) to both the customer and Admin. In my particular case, I enable for the admin and disable for the customer. Why would these be missing from XC5? Seems losing that type of Business Process customization flexibility in XC5 is a shame.

Luisv 04-07-2014 09:21 AM

Can we write one mod that has 10 different settings? Settings like this thread, remove powered by, do not show Categories twice on the home page, Print more than one shipping label at a time, etc.? Or does a new module have to be written (then disabled at every upgrade) for each "issue" found that was in x4 but is no longer in x5?

totaltec 04-07-2014 09:25 AM

Luis,
From what I understand, one module can contain everything that you describe. You can have a module named "MagicKits custom" and use it to contain everything that makes your site "you", and any features that you need to add.