X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=66570)

bigredseo 05-12-2014 11:06 AM

Re: X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template

Hi Mike,

It's not in this thread actually, but here's the details:

X-Cart 4.6.1 (Business)
Reboot 2.2
IE: 11.0.9600.16659

I also SOMETIMES get it on the first page loading when in Chrome Version 34.0.1847.131 m

The website is http://www.synergydirect.com
Generally it's the main banner that on the first loading it shows at 50% height.

By default it's set to 100% height/auto, since it resizes based on the browser width. I've attempted using the CSS and @mobile etc to specifically set height and widths, but it doesn't seem to affect things in IE.

The next step is replacing the preloading images call and replacing the lazy loading of slides. Haven't done that, but will be attempting that tonight/tomorrow morning.

I briefly looked at replacing the slider with Soliloquay. I'm a huge fan of Soliloquay, a wordpress slider that kicks major butt - too bad they don't make a stand alone version though :(

totaltec 05-12-2014 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigredseo
The website is http://www.synergydirect.com
Generally it's the main banner that on the first loading it shows at 50% height.

Actually when I first loaded it in IE, it rendered properly. Then when I closed the browser and came back, it didn't. Then refresh the page, loads fine. That is a frustrating problem to try and track down!

I like the woo flexslider myself: http://www.woothemes.com/flexslider/

Acts a lot better when resizing the browser in my opinion : here is an example in X-cart: http://www.ghpnutrition.com/

Edit:
Looks like it is initially getting its height from:
.owl-item.loading{
min-height: 150px;
background: url(../images/loading.gif) no-repeat center center
}
in skin/reboot/reboot_sliders_carousel.css

It sounds like you already suspect this, but the javascript that resizes based on height is using the lazy loading temp image to base itself on. so removing the lazyload will probably fix the issue. In the JS you should find:
// Banners Module
//---------------------
$(".banner_slider").owlCarousel({
autoPlay: 5000,
slideSpeed: 500,
paginationSpeed: 500,
transitionStyle: "fade",
pagination: true,
paginationNumbers: false,
lazyLoad: true,
singleItem: true,
items: 1,
scrollPerPage: true,
autoHeight: true,
responsive: true,
mouseDrag: true,
touchDrag: true,
navigation: false,
});
Try setting lazyLoad in the above code to false just to see if that affects it.

designguru 05-12-2014 12:56 PM

How to update? I know I can send in a ticket to get the files but how to maintain a child theme during the update when I had to re-structure for example the product page (html/tpl code) before?

PhilJ 05-13-2014 01:53 AM

Conor, in skin/reboot/css/reboot_sliders_carousels.css

Replace...
Code:

/* preloading images */
.owl-item.loading{
    min-height: 150px;
}

With, eg.
Code:

/* preloading images */
.owl-item.loading{
    min-height: 296px!important;
}

With 296px being the largest scaled height of the slider images in desktop view.

You can set..
Quote:

autoHeight: false,
In skin/reboot/js/reboot.js

xtech 05-13-2014 03:32 AM

Hi Phil,
How can I set positions of the products in the manufacturer page.Currently I can set positions of the products in category page manually but how to do that on manufacturer level also?

Also in our store default search is not working reboot ajax search is showing one results but normal search is displaying different products.

Where is the mismatch?

Please provide me a solution.

Thanks.

Mak 05-13-2014 11:33 AM

Is this available/compatible with X-Cart 5?

PhilJ 05-13-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Is this available/compatible with X-Cart 5?
No only v4.6.x at the moment. X-Cart v5 is a completely different platform.

jcorneli 05-14-2014 04:29 PM

I'm trying to get the two rss feeds setup on a cron job. I can't get the regular stuff to work. Are there any instructions anywhere.

php /home/username/public_html/reboot_rss_news.php

Thanks

elmirage001 05-14-2014 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcorneli
I'm trying to get the two rss feeds setup on a cron job. I can't get the regular stuff to work. Are there any instructions anywhere.

php /home/username/public_html/reboot_rss_news.php

Thanks

This is working for me

lynx -dump http://www.YOUR_URL/reboot_rss_news.php

xtech 05-15-2014 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtech
Hi Phil,

In our store default search is not working reboot ajax search is showing one results but normal search is displaying different products.

Where is the mismatch?

Please provide me a solution.

Thanks.

Any solution for this issue?

PhilJ 05-17-2014 02:33 PM

Quote:

In our store default search is not working reboot ajax search is showing one results but normal search is displaying different products.

xtech, I addressed this already in your tickets / PMs

The dynamic product search, searches product titles. You can disable it if you want, so it uses the default...

reBOOT settings > "Enable dynamic product search"

elmirage001 05-17-2014 03:00 PM

Hi Phil,

Since I've done so many modifications to reBOOT I'm trying to decide if I should upgrade from v2.32 to v2.33 and then to v3.0 or if it would be better for me to wait for v3.0...

To go from v2.32 to v2.33 I can us my file comparison software to transfer the changes over instead of having to manually add them in.

Or, is v3.0 different enough that all changes will have to be manually added again?

How's the progress on v3.0 going? :-)

Thanks!

Paul

PhilJ 05-17-2014 06:50 PM

Quote:

Since I've done so many modifications to reBOOT I'm trying to decide if I should upgrade from v2.32 to v2.33 and then to v3.0 or if it would be better for me to wait for v3.0...

To go from v2.32 to v2.33 I can us my file comparison software to transfer the changes over instead of having to manually add them in.

Or, is v3.0 different enough that all changes will have to be manually added again?

How's the progress on v3.0 going?

Hi Paul, it's up to you, reBOOT v3 may, or may not be a major upgrade. It's hard to say, I haven't decided on new features yet.

v3 won't be available until after X-Cart v4.6.4 is released (~July)

designguru 05-25-2014 10:26 AM

I have main categories and subcategories. How can I keep the active main category open with the subcategories shown. I'm talking about the left/right bar vertical categories menu which shows the subcats in a dropdown under the main menu.

PhilJ 05-25-2014 10:29 PM

Quote:

I have main categories and subcategories. How can I keep the active main category open with the subcategories shown. I'm talking about the left/right bar vertical categories menu which shows the subcats in a dropdown under the main menu.

reBOOT settings > Menus > Sidebar menu > One submenu open at a time
reBOOT settings > Menus > Sidebar menu > Save menu state

If you have any issues, set the jQuery CDN URL version to v1.8.3

designguru 05-27-2014 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilJ

Both are ticked and jQuery CDN URL set to v1.8.3 already

hobbycentral 05-30-2014 12:22 PM

Your website states that you send the files manually. Am I correct in the assumption that if I order on a Friday, the files won't be sent until Monday?

Thanks
Bill

PhilJ 05-30-2014 12:43 PM

Quote:

Your website states that you send the files manually. Am I correct in the assumption that if I order on a Friday, the files won't be sent until Monday
You will receive files Saturday morning, at the latest (we are London time).

hobbycentral 05-30-2014 01:24 PM

Ok, thanks, I will place my order now. Just out of curiosity where in the UK are you?

Bill

PhilJ 05-30-2014 01:36 PM

Quote:

Ok, thanks, I will place my order now. Just out of curiosity where in the UK are you?
Many thanks Bill, files sent. We're in Somerset.

xtech 05-30-2014 11:31 PM

Hi Phil,
How to make mobile view most simpler,faster and user friendly?

Thanks,
xtech

designguru 05-30-2014 11:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by designguru
Both are ticked and jQuery CDN URL set to v1.8.3 already

How can I make this work?

I also submitted a ticket about the Responsive Audio Player and also asked on the forum a week ago:

Quote:

Originally Posted by designguru
The player works great but I have some questions:

- The files go to uploads and not the userfiles folders of every provider (in XC with multiple providers)

- How can I invert the Audio Player buttons (image sprite)? I would like to display a white player with dark buttons.

Thanks!

How to make this work for a multi-provider store where files need to go to userfiles/userfilesxxx/product_name?

How to use another image sprite for the controls? I need the buttons to be black and not white.

http://www.xcartmods.co.uk/demos/461/skin/common_files/modules/Audio_Player/css/controls-playlist.png

xtech 06-18-2014 10:39 PM

Hi,
I want to purchase Manufacturers (A-Z) for X-Cart Platinum 4.6.1 in my reboot V2.Is it compatible with reboot?If I purchase it will it work?

Thanks.

PhilJ 06-19-2014 03:04 AM

Quote:

I want to purchase Manufacturers (A-Z) for X-Cart Platinum 4.6.1 in my reboot V2.Is it compatible with reboot?If I purchase it will it work?

Yes, I don't see why not.

However, there is a very quick way to do manufacturer A-Z

1) In modules/Manufacturers/customer_manufacturers_list.php

Before...

Code:

$smarty->assign('navigation_script',  'manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=' . $manufacturerid . '&sort=' .  urlencode($sort) . (isset($sort_direction) ? '&sort_direction=' .  $sort_direction : ''));

Insert...

Code:

# Manufacturer A-Z
if(!empty($name)) {
    $manufacturers = func_query("SELECT * FROM $sql_tbl[manufacturers] WHERE avail = 'Y' and LEFT(manufacturer, 1) LIKE '$name%' ORDER BY orderby");
    $smarty->assign("manufacturers", $manufacturers);
    $smarty->assign("main","manufacturers_list");
    if (!$manufacturers) {
        header("Location: manufacturers.php?nomanufs=y");
    }
}
$mletters = array(a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z);
$smarty->assign('ml',$mletters);
# /Manufacturer A-Z

2) In skin/reboot/modules/Manufacturers/customer_manufacturers_list.tpl

At the top, insert...

Code:

<div class="btn-group" style="margin:0 0 20px 0;font-size:10px!important;text-transform:uppercase">
{section name=mletters loop=$ml}
<div class="btn-group">
<a class="btn btn-sm btn-default{if $smarty.get.name eq $ml[mletters]} active{/if}" href="manufacturers.php?name={$ml[mletters]}">{$ml[mletters]}</a>
{if $smarty.section.mletters.last}<a class="btn btn-sm btn-default{if !$smarty.get.name} active"{/if}" href="manufacturers.php">{$lng.lbl_all}</a>{/if}
</div>
{/section}
</div>
{if $smarty.get.nomanufs}<div class="alert alert-danger">Sorry, there are no manufacturers under that letter...</div>{/if}

DEMO

You can remove letters from step 1 if you wish... (I know it should list dynamically, but this is a quick fix)
Code:

$mletters = array(a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z);

PhilJ 06-23-2014 05:49 PM

Multi Dynamic Search addon added
  • Dynamically search products, manufacturers and categories
  • Use all in one page, or place individual search fields anywhere you like
Get it here (v2 addons tab)

xtech 06-26-2014 01:26 AM

Hi,
When Infinite scroll was enabled I have seen Page navigation was coming on manufacturer and category page.Now it is not coming.Currently Infinite scroll was disabled.

How to bring page navigation and number of products in any category or manufacturer page?

Thanks.

PhilJ 06-28-2014 02:24 AM

Quote:

How to bring page navigation and number of products in any category or manufacturer page?
You may have made some errors while editing your tpl files, maybe try restoring them, notably skin/reboot/customer/navigation.tpl

I generally think infinite scroll is a bad idea and may hurt your SEO...

http://www.searchenginejournal.com/google-offers-seo-recommendations-pages-infinite-scroll/90533/

mendyo 06-28-2014 02:36 PM

Phil, I am working w/ Paul Dodman on my new site redesign. He is trying to complete the horizontal and vertical menu functionality and really needs your support. Can you please contact him?

Regards,

Mendy

designguru 07-09-2014 01:49 AM

1. Dev can't find the file to edit. Does anyone know where to change the size of the New Arrivals Carousel thumbnail size? I don't mean within admin.

2. Also the mailchimp module from QT breaks the reboot homepage testimonials. Not sure why this happens.

Contacted Phil but got no answer yet and we need to finish work soon.

PhilJ 07-09-2014 01:57 AM

1) skin/reboot/css/reboot.css - edit CSS class .thumb_size_small
2) I will check and get back to you

designguru 07-09-2014 01:58 AM

Quote:

1) skin/reboot/css/reboot.css - edit CSS class .thumb_size_small
2) I will check and get back to you

Thank You so much! I know your very busy too!

designguru 07-09-2014 03:47 AM

Our main configuration in the horizontal dropdown is 3 columns but in some main categories we need the 2nd level categories to appear per columns with all the 3rds level categories and one column on the right should stay empty. Right now they all appear on after an other and the 2nd level categories aren't on top then. How to achieve this?

Please note, columns are floating DIVs. Depending on the number of third level categories you have, some second level category re-ordering may be necessary to achieve the desired category layout.

PhilJ 07-12-2014 01:46 PM

Quote:

Our main configuration in the horizontal dropdown is 3 columns but in some main categories we need the 2nd level categories to appear per columns with all the 3rds level categories and one column on the right should stay empty. Right now they all appear on after an other and the 2nd level categories aren't on top then. How to achieve this?
Would probably require custom coding. Get in touch so that I can get a better idea of what you require.

PhilJ 07-12-2014 01:55 PM

reBOOT v3 / X-Cart v4.6.4 development is under way.

Progress will be posted here. Feedback on what you would like to see in reBOOT v3 is welcome.

elmirage001 07-12-2014 01:59 PM

Hi Phil, I don't use the custom theme pickers on my site or the site I manage. I do all the CSS edits via the Custom.css file.

Can't Wait!! :D/

Paul

elmirage001 07-13-2014 02:53 PM

Hi Phil, I thought I'd throw a little data your way since you're starting v3 now. I'm amazed that I'm already at 40% mobile/tablet. I expected my Bounce & Transactions percentages to be lower on mobile but I'm EXTREMELY happy to see that the percentage is only about a 4% difference compared with the Desktop results. I'll have to dig in to see about the Tablet results.

Code:

Sessions %  Bounce Rate  Percent of Transactions 
Desktop        60.57%      23.82%            72.22%           
Mobile        26.48%      27.86%            22.22%           
Tablet        12.95%      23.45%              5.56% 

Thank you so much! reBOOT is definitely working for me!

Paul

xtech 07-14-2014 02:59 AM

Hi Phil,
I have purchased X-Cart:Sales Advisor Module from qualiteam.Now kindly provide me necessary and supporting files for reboot v2 for this module.

Thanks,
xtech

designguru 07-24-2014 10:35 AM

It's good to see that new stuff is coming up but I hope you don't forget that existing versions need support too in order to function.

1. I have installed the Mailchimp module from qualiteam and it breaks the homepage which is a weird thing.

2. How can I reach you if not by ticket?

Kman 07-24-2014 11:05 AM

In my experience, the Mailchimp module requires a great deal of tweaking. It is not obvious what the settings should be or what templates need to be included where. We have a very custom setup for this or I would share settings. Just be persistent and one can figure it all out. Nothing to do really with Reboot, just the way X-Cart does Mailchimp.

designguru 07-24-2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman
In my experience, the Mailchimp module requires a great deal of tweaking. It is not obvious what the settings should be or what templates need to be included where. We have a very custom setup for this or I would share settings. Just be persistent and one can figure it all out. Nothing to do really with Reboot, just the way X-Cart does Mailchimp.

But we ordered the integration module (not standard) http://www.x-cart.com/extensions/modules/mailchimp-integration.html

Can you please tell me what you did to get this working? When we turn it on, the store front part with the news is not showing correctly.