X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (X-Cart 5) (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   allow anonymous checkout (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=67708)

daboy18 09-09-2013 10:34 AM

allow anonymous checkout

1 Attachment(s)
Hello!
When on the checkout page, it asks you to input "email" "create an account for alter use" or "already have an account lonin here"
Can this section be removed? I understand the email address is required, but customers are calling, says, after they enter their shipping info, they cannot advance. Its because they didnt type in their email address above.

Also, can we removed "already have an account, login here". So all the customer has to do is enter their info and email, and the option to create an account should not be available (no logging in , etc)

Attached is a screen shot to show exactly what im talking about.

X-Cart Next core v.1.2.3

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!

daboy18 09-10-2013 05:14 AM

Re: allow anonymous checkout

is there a way to comment this out in any of the files? .tpl files? etc? thanks for any help.

my version: X-Cart Next core v.1.2.3

xplorer 09-10-2013 11:56 AM

Hi!

Please could you clarify what is your goal?

Would you like to not let customers register accounts in the shop?

Or is it just the issue with the wrong e-mail field location confusing customers? We have ideas on how to improve this. Will this change work for you?

Or would you like customers to place orders without specifying their e-mail addresses at all?

daboy18 09-10-2013 12:24 PM

Hi Slava!
Your attached picture is PERFECT!!! Thats what im looking for. If it can look like that, thank you so much. Just let me know what i need to do. I think my uploaded ftp info is still available as well.

thanks

totaltec 09-11-2013 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xplorer
We have ideas on how to improve this. Will this change work for you?

Slava,
This is much better! I like this new design.

daboy18 09-12-2013 07:50 AM

Hi Slava.
Were you able to send me instructions on how to make it look like your attached picture? Not sure which file to modify or even the code. Thanks! This is exactly how i need it to look, thanks again.

xplorer 09-12-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daboy18
Hi Slava.
Were you able to send me instructions on how to make it look like your attached picture? Not sure which file to modify or even the code. Thanks! This is exactly how i need it to look, thanks again.

The above image is the mock up of how we would like to change the checkout page. This haven't been implemented yet.

Right now we are discussing which checkout improvements will go into the first officically released version of X-Cart 5, and this improvement is among them.

daboy18 09-13-2013 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xplorer
The above image is the mock up of how we would like to change the checkout page. This haven't been implemented yet.

Right now we are discussing which checkout improvements will go into the first officically released version of X-Cart 5, and this improvement is among them.

Ok. Is there a way to have this implimented into my current version so i can just modify the code with your code? This would help so much to my solution as it would be easier for customers to understand. Sorry for rushing, thank you again.

Thomasb134 09-13-2013 08:19 AM

For an immediate (and simple) solution you could change the text that says "A new Customer? Enter your email:" to "Contact e-mail".

I don't have any experience with X-Cart Next, but I expect that the text strings are editable using the admin's Content->Languages utility. All you have to do is search for the old text then change it to the new text.