X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=66570)

totaltec 09-29-2014 01:55 AM

Re: X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtech
What is the easiest method?But if I add 20 or 25 products then page length become high.how to restrict that?

The easiest way to restrict it would be to not add so many featured products... :-)

Well perhaps Phil will have a better suggestion than me, but I would try to put the products in a carousel, that would be easier than working out pagination on the home page IMO.

xtech 09-29-2014 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by totaltec
The easiest way to restrict it would be to not add so many featured products... :-)

Well perhaps Phil will have a better suggestion than me, but I would try to put the products in a carousel, that would be easier than working out pagination on the home page IMO.

How to put in carousel? Can you please help me?

Thanks,
xtech

totaltec 09-29-2014 02:35 AM

Quote:

How to put in carousel? Can you please help me?

This discussion should really be in its own thread. I am afraid that this will be quite difficult for you to accomplish on your own, but I'll explain it somewhat and you may be able to pull it off. From what I understand reBOOT already includes the JS library and CSS required for an owl-carousel: http://owlgraphic.com/owlcarousel/ That is what drives the main slider.

You need to separate the featured products template or call it with an assigned variable that you can reference inside the template. Then you wrap the section in a div with a special assigned class. Then you call the slider with an on-page snippet of JavaScript to activate the sliding for that special class. I am using it to display products in an X-cart 5 template here: http://xcartnext.com

xtech 09-29-2014 03:34 AM

Can I expect a reply from Phil on this?

totaltec 09-29-2014 03:50 AM

Quote:

Can I expect a reply from Phil on this?

I guess so, Phil is pretty awesome with helping out. But I would not "expect" a reply. You are wanting to do something custom with your template, something that it is not designed to do. If he offers any advice it would be out of the goodness of his heart, there is no reason for him to custom code every solution that you desire just because you are using his template.

I hope a mod can move this string of communication, we are just cluttering this thread. In the future I would start a thread on the subject, explain exactly what you want with screenshots and links, then post one link here with a simplified short description of the problem. Then everyone can continue the discussion in that thread.

PhilJ 09-29-2014 06:32 AM

Quote:

In the featured product sections whatever we will add in admin is showing in store page.If I add 16 or 20 products as a featured products from admin then it will show in store page.I want to display 4 or 8 products in featured products section in store front and remaining will show in second page that is I want navigation's in featured product sections.How to do that?

Currently travelling at the moment, hence the late reply. This might work, I am not so sure...

skin/reboot/customer/main/featured.tpl

Before...
Code:

{include file="customer/main/products.tpl" products=$f_products featured="Y"}
Insert...
Code:

{if $navigation eq "Y"}
    {include file="customer/main/navigation.tpl"}
    <br />
{/if}

If not, take it to a ticket. Some additional tweaks possibly required.

In reBOOT v3, featured/on sale/new products can be displayed as carousels.

PhilJ 09-30-2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

From what I understand reBOOT already includes the JS library and CSS required for an owl-carousel: http://owlgraphic.com/owlcarousel/ That is what drives the main slider.
Hi Mike, yes reBOOT v2 uses Owl Carousel v1.33 and reBOOT v3 uses 2.0.0-beta.2.4. The integration coding is slightly different.

I highly recommend using Owl v2 for your new XC5 theme, even tho it's still in beta :)

elmirage001 10-03-2014 04:42 PM

Hi Phil,

Just went live with v3.0 and really excited with how everything turned out. I also used your WordPress Addon. I'll have to tweak my posts and pages a little bit but being able to use the reBOOT header and footer is fantastic!

With the faster load times and how reBOOT allowed me to customize my home page I'm hoping to improve my Google position for my most competitive search phrase. A year ago I was number 1 but I've dropped to number 4.

If you have requests to see a live site feel free to give them my URL. Please ask them not to place any orders :-)

Thanks again!

Paul

PhilJ 10-04-2014 12:17 PM

reBOOT v3 now supports masonry (aka isotope) style products layout display!

This displays products in a responsive 'cascading' grid fashion, which is useful if you have product blocks of varying heights, eg. varying product thumbnail image sizes (similar to the Pinterest style views).

It is not as search engine friendly as the product grid/row 'switchers' layout display, as product descriptions are not displayed.

However, if enabled, the product upselling / recommended products still use the switchers layout.

Pitak 10-05-2014 09:44 PM

Phil, I've a strange problem.

I installed X-cart Gold Plus 4.6.4 + reBOOt v3 on my localhost via XAMPP.
Everything is working well on localhost. But when I transfer everything to the web server, both the customer side and the admin side are unable to login. When I login at admin, the page refreshed and re-display the login form. Other than this problem, everything is working correctly.

I checked the log file and it stated that I'm able to login to admin fine. Very strange. From your experience, what may have caused this? Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks.

Edit: Got it fixed.