X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=66570)

memis 03-29-2018 03:48 AM

Re: X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template

Hi Phil,
Is there any realistic estimation about when Redux will be available?

Thanks!

PhilJ 03-30-2018 08:43 PM

Quote:

Is there any realistic estimation about when Redux will be available?

It's coming, trust me, as I'm going to be using it as my main CMS also.

But it's got to be right, I'm not gonna launch a half-baked template. I'm working on the v4.7.9 version which will have a proper installer.

Been working on this for the past year, so it'll be ready soon, I'll update this thread as soon as I release it.

NeilSheridan 04-02-2018 02:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm trying to add some "Inline list icons" to product descriptions (see attachment). I can't find an info on the code required to add them :(

PhilJ 04-03-2018 02:53 AM

Hi, use eg....
Code:

<ul class="checks">
  <li>Lorem</li>
</ul>

Or for inline lists...
Code:

<ul class="checks list-inline">
  <li>Lorem</li>
</ul>

Classes available - angles, carets, chevrons, arrows, checks, checks2, checks3, checks4, stars, hearts, smiles, warnings

https://xcartmods.com/reboot479/Shortcodes.html

NeilSheridan 04-03-2018 02:54 PM

Thanks, Phil,

Worked perfectly. I was close :)

One more question. On the Product Page, is there a way to add custom content, on a product-by-product basis to the Details block? Some of the information in the Description would be better suited higher so it stands out. I know there are "Extra Field" options, but I want to add HTML content, and it would be different for a very large number of products (in excess of 500).

Regards

PhilJ 04-04-2018 12:17 AM

Hi Neil, yes there's a 'Product Additional Data' addon in the template zip file.
Or if you want to add your own custom fields, you can follow this tutorial.

NeilSheridan 04-04-2018 12:57 AM

Hi Phil,

I have installed the add-on. it seemed to add Banners, Video, Audio and FAQ,s. I'll have a look at the tutorial.

Cheers

NeilSheridan 04-04-2018 04:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilJ
Hi Neil, yes there's a 'Product Additional Data' addon in the template zip file.
Or if you want to add your own custom fields, you can follow this tutorial.

Hi Phil,

Once again, thank you for your time and sharing your vast knowledge. I've implemented the custom field method mixed with Extra Fields to achieve the desired result.

At the risk of turning "help" into "custom work", I have two questions :)

1 - Is it possible to make the values of the Custom field line up with the label? (see attached)
2 - Having added the Redactor addon, can this be added to the new HTML custom field? I disabled the standard HTML editor after installing this, subsequently, there's no way to add HTML :)

Thanks again

PS, still need to speak with you about the product discounts :)

PhilJ 04-04-2018 05:05 PM

Hi Neil,

1) That gap's probably the top margin on the UL. In skin/reboot/css/reboot.css

Change...
Code:

ul.angles, ul.carets, ul.chevrons, ul.arrows, ul.checks, ul.checks2, ul.checks3, ul.checks4, ul.stars, ul.hearts, ul.smiles, ul.warnings { list-style: none !important; margin: 15px 0 5px 0; padding: 0 0 10px 15px; }
To...
Code:

ul.angles, ul.carets, ul.chevrons, ul.arrows, ul.checks, ul.checks2, ul.checks3, ul.checks4, ul.stars, ul.hearts, ul.smiles, ul.warnings { list-style: none !important; margin: 0 0 5px 0; padding: 0 0 10px 15px; }

2) Extra fields are fine, but in admin they only appear as input text fields by default (not textareas).

Redactor along with the default HTML editors will only work on textareas.

In the Redactor module settings, there's a setting - "Textareas to use Redactor".

You could put in an IF statement in the admin extra fields template to change your specific extra field to a textarea.

-> modules/Extra_Fields/product_modify.tpl

Note, HTML will only be allowed if you make your new field 'trusted'.

You could add a new textarea field using the tutorial link I posted previously, which covers the HTML 'trusted' shizzle.

NeilSheridan 04-04-2018 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilJ
Hi Neil,

1) That gap's probably the top margin on the UL. In skin/reboot/css/reboot.css

Change...
Code:

ul.angles, ul.carets, ul.chevrons, ul.arrows, ul.checks, ul.checks2, ul.checks3, ul.checks4, ul.stars, ul.hearts, ul.smiles, ul.warnings { list-style: none !important; margin: 15px 0 5px 0; padding: 0 0 10px 15px; }
To...
Code:

ul.angles, ul.carets, ul.chevrons, ul.arrows, ul.checks, ul.checks2, ul.checks3, ul.checks4, ul.stars, ul.hearts, ul.smiles, ul.warnings { list-style: none !important; margin: 0 0 5px 0; padding: 0 0 10px 15px; }

2) Extra fields are fine, but in admin they only appear as input text fields by default (not textareas).

Redactor along with the default HTML editors will only work on textareas.

In the Redactor module settings, there's a setting - "Textareas to use Redactor".

You could put in an IF statement in the admin extra fields template to change your specific extra field to a textarea.

-> modules/Extra_Fields/product_modify.tpl

Note, HTML will only be allowed if you make your new field 'trusted'.

You could add a new textarea field using the tutorial link I posted previously, which covers the HTML 'trusted' shizzle.

On the money for both counts :)

Cheers Phil..