X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Use a customers Fedex account (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=72590)

fiberglass.supply 08-14-2015 07:25 AM

Use a customers Fedex account

Is there a hack or module to let customers enter there fedex account number so the cart charges no shipping at checkout?

BCSE 08-14-2015 09:39 AM

Re: Use a customers Fedex account

We've done this as customization before. I don't think there's a mod for it though. You're welcome to contact us if you'd like.

Thanks,

Carrie

fiberglass.supply 08-17-2015 06:02 AM

I am not allowed to buy any more addons from you guys until we get the addons that we got from you to work. pdf catalog addon cant be downloaded, just each page separately and create user addon does not work either.

The other addons we got from you work great like the points addon, the easy variant addon, the facebook post addon, all those work great but 2 addons still do not work as expected so I cannot buy anymore until those are fixed.

BCSE 08-17-2015 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiberglass.supply
I am not allowed to buy any more addons from you guys until we get the addons that we got from you to work. pdf catalog addon cant be downloaded, just each page separately and create user addon does not work either.

The other addons we got from you work great like the points addon, the easy variant addon, the facebook post addon, all those work great but 2 addons still do not work as expected so I cannot buy anymore until those are fixed.

Pretty sure you have tickets in for those that we're working on, correct? I just want to be sure that we haven't missed something!

Thanks,

Carrie

fiberglass.supply 08-17-2015 10:42 AM

Yes I do have tickets open and you guys have been great with everything so far, i am just saying i cant buy anything until those are fixed.

BCSE 08-17-2015 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiberglass.supply
Yes I do have tickets open and you guys have been great with everything so far, i am just saying i cant buy anything until those are fixed.

Ok great! Just wanted to make sure we didn't miss anything. Summers are usually a bit more hectic for us.

Thanks!

Carrie

finestshops 09-12-2015 05:02 PM

You can try a "low-tech" solution until you get a custom module from Carrie:
- add new shipping method called "Use my FedEx account"
- add $0 rate to this shipping method
- add new field to user profile called "FedEx account" so customer can enter it during registration, on checkout or in My account > Profile area and your order processing department can see it on backend. (if it's not saved in profile, they will need to call customer and get it before shipping).

would be more user friendly to show text field to enter FedEx account (if it's not saved in profile) right under "Use my FedEx account" method if it's selected and do a check if account number is actually entered before finishing checkout but this will require some customization.

Lloyds 08-23-2016 12:53 PM

I only want the low tech version.

I followed your instructions, but the User Account options are not showing up.

I added a new shipping method
Price is set at $0

I added UPS Account in user profiles.

When I test it, the new shipping methods are not showing up even though I have them active.

Thomasb134 08-23-2016 03:20 PM

Quote:

I followed your instructions, but the User Account options are not showing up.
You must also manually add the new method to the Shipping charges admin screen. If you use multiple destination zones then any that will use the collect account will need an entry in the Shipping charges page.

Lloyds 08-25-2016 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomasb134
You must also manually add the new method to the Shipping charges admin screen. If you use multiple destination zones then any that will use the collect account will need an entry in the Shipping charges page.

I did that too. Still not showing up.

I only have a few accounts that use their own UPS number. I would rather not do a custom mod because whenever I try to upgrade, it becomes an issue.