X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   X-Cart 4.6 released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=67012)

rocky 06-03-2013 05:15 AM

X-Cart 4.6 released

Hello, X-Carters!

X-Cart v4.6 has been officially released. Fore more info please refer to the following X-Cart blogpost:

http://www.x-cart.com/blog/x-cart-v-4-6-released.html

You are welcome to download it from our official web site and your personal HelpDesk accounts.

4.5.x -> 4.6 upgrade packs are also available for downloading

BBM_ 06-03-2013 06:25 AM

Re: X-Cart 4.6 released

Congratulations - I look forward to testing it out!

NuAlpha 06-03-2013 08:38 AM

Any major database changes we need to be aware of?

PhilJ 06-03-2013 09:00 AM

BUG - Products search / modify multiple is not working correctly.

In admin, go to search for products, put in any common search term, eg. 'the'

Check the 'Search-and-modify' box, then click 'Search'.

Only one product appears, ie. you cannot modify multiple products.

I'm testing with Platinum. I just tried the official Gold Plus demo, same occurs.

ADDISON 06-03-2013 10:13 AM

Phil, it is not the only bug for sure. There are more bugs, even from previous versions, reported and marked as solved!

Is Resposive Template based an old jQuery version? As I see it is.

I like how Fancy Categories box is still over the layout. This becomes an artifacts for XC. And many other annoying things. I appreciate the speed, but QT should fix for the next 1 - 2 versions all the issues reported over years.

For the moment I will remain with 4.5.4 and testing the next 3 versions of 4.6. Even it takes a year.

seyfin 06-03-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilJ

I'm testing with Platinum. I just tried the official Gold Plus demo, same occurs.

Thank you for the info. I have re-posted it to the bug-tracker:
http://bugtracker.qtmsoft.com/view.php?id=42858

Feel free to post any issues found to the bug-tracker.

ADDISON 06-03-2013 10:27 AM

When the separate modules will be updated for 4.6?

ADDISON 06-03-2013 10:28 AM

only Gold+ version is in my helpdesk account ...

where is the standard gold?

seyfin 06-03-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADDISON
only Gold+ version is in my helpdesk account ...

where is the standard gold?

It appears to be related to your specific Helpdesk account.

Please drop a message in your personal Helpdesk area, our team will help you to sort this issue out.

Thank you.

ADDISON 06-03-2013 12:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bug in layout. Activate Webmaster Mode and look at the attachment.

1) All menu links are broken in 4 rows.

2) In Product menu we still have that annoying issue. Product search is missing, a line is replacing it. But if you look at the window status bar, this link points correctly to search.php. Please check Bugtracker, I reported a few versions behind.

3) Help tag should be editable. A lot of labels are still not editable, especially in Modules, modules settings. Hope to have the energy to report this once again

ADDISON 06-03-2013 12:27 PM

[Send to friend], [Customers also bought], [Customer feedback] labels cannot be edited in Front-End (Ideal Responsive).

Mr Master Master issue still present. If you make inactive Mr. title, look in Admin Mr. Master Master still has Mr. title. I guess this issue comes from initial XC database. Provide installation without Mr. field set up for administrator.

ADDISON 06-03-2013 12:39 PM

Buttons labels cannot be edited. This is an old issue reported. Visit: http://abcd.com/xcart_test/login.php. Move you mouse pointer over the Submit button and press E. Nothing happens. But is you move your mouse pointer over Search for events link in Special box, pressing E you can edit the link name. This is an issue related to labels in buttons (it could be layering issue).

Marc Washburn 06-03-2013 12:53 PM

Strange...I also cannot see the 4.6 download in my helpdesk files section....the upgrade pack is there, but not the stand-alone download.

Would love to try it soon :-)

CartOnSteroids.com 06-03-2013 01:10 PM

Same here, upgrade is there but download is not there in the file area.

Exciting to read about it, can't wait to test it out!

elaine 06-03-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Washburn

Quote:

Originally Posted by CartOnSteroids.com
Exciting to read about it, can't wait to test it out!

While we are adding files to the HelpDesk, please feel free to download a test copy of X-Cart Gold or X-Cart Gold Plus of v4.6 from http://www.x-cart.com/download.html . The ones that will appear in the HelpDesk are absolutely the same :wink:

cherie 06-03-2013 08:37 PM

The extracted xcart directory is 777. This has to be changed to 755 on some servers.

What are the min/max supported versions of PHP and MySQL? Any other notable requirements?

Ksenia 06-03-2013 09:47 PM

Cherie,thank you for your questions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherie
What are the min/max supported versions of PHP and MySQL? Any other notable requirements?

The system requirements haven't changed, this article contains actual info:

http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:Server_Requirements_(X-Cart_4.5)

Quote:

The extracted xcart directory is 777. This has to be changed to 755 on some servers.

We have checked all the rwx permissions in archives, and can not see 777 anywhere, the installation script does not change permissions either. Could you please provide more details about the issue so that we could reproduce it?

random 06-03-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Phil, it is not the only bug for sure. There are more bugs, even from previous versions, reported and marked as solved!

Thank you for the bug reports - we will take them into account in the next release as well as other reported issues.
However, could you clarify which bugs marked as solved still here?

Quote:

Is Resposive Template based an old jQuery version? As I see it is.

It is based on the same version as X-Cart itself use.

cherie 06-03-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksenia
We have checked all the rwx permissions in archives, and can not see 777 anywhere, the installation script does not change permissions either. Could you please provide more details about the issue so that we could reproduce it?

I extracted the archive on two different servers and /xcart and subdirectories are 777.

ADDISON 06-03-2013 10:57 PM

I will provide you a list of issues reported in bugtracker which remain unsolved soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by random
However, could you clarify which bugs marked as solved still here?

random 06-03-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilJ

Sorry for this glitch, we have re-uploaded the packages.
Anyone who already installed the version with this issue can get the patch here:

rocky 06-04-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Washburn
Strange...I also cannot see the 4.6 download in my helpdesk files section....the upgrade pack is there, but not the stand-alone download.

Please try again. Files should be available now.

Carzilla 06-04-2013 02:00 AM

Hey guys,

While trying to upgrade on a test environment I get the following error when trying to patch from 4.5.3 to 4.5.6:

Testing patch applicability and generation list of files could take several minutes, please be patient.
404.php ...

And then nothing happens... any ideas?

Thanks!

SOLVED. For some vague reason my 404.php file had gotten to a whopping 1.4 gigabytes (!!!).

Will Hayes 06-04-2013 03:01 AM

To all the Qualiteam gang...

- I dont want to hijack your thread...
I just wanted to say a BIG thanks for releasing the 4.6 branch of x-cart (classic).
You have restored alot of people's faith in the future of this product and hopefully you have steadied the ship a bit :) Keep up the good work.

regards
W.

rocky 06-04-2013 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will Hayes
To all the Qualiteam gang...

- I dont want to hijack your thread...
I just wanted to say a BIG thanks for releasing the 4.6 branch of x-cart (classic).
You have restored alot of people's faith in the future of this product and hopefully you have steadied the ship a bit :) Keep up the good work.

regards
W.

Thank you for the kind words, Will! We will try to do our best.

cherie 06-04-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by random
Anyone who already installed the version with this issue can get the patch here:

For some reason the patch system said it could not find the file listed in this patch but I was able to manually patch the file.

gb2world 06-04-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

I extracted the archive on two different servers and /xcart and subdirectories are 777.
I observed this on the last version. The TGZ archive was giving me errors, so I used the ZIP archive. The ZIP archive had the directories set to 777, so they had to be changed. Maybe that is what happened to you?

---

cherie 06-04-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gb2world
I observed this on the last version. The TGZ archive was giving me errors, so I used the ZIP archive. The ZIP archive had the directories set to 777, so they had to be changed. Maybe that is what happened to you?

Yep, it was the trial version zip which I believe was the only download available at the time.

kevinrm 06-04-2013 07:33 PM

Has anyone successfully upgraded from 4.5.5. to 4.6.0? How did it go?

Ksenia 06-04-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Yep, it was the trial version zip which I believe was the only download available at the time.

Thank you, we've reported the problem to our bug-tracking system yesterday, it was reproduced under particular conditions and is being investigated at the moment.

PC Doctor 06-06-2013 06:37 PM

I'm curious - has there ever been an update to the 'stock' HTML email templates in Xcart (since 4.3)?

Like with the new Ideal Responsive Template - do the HTML email templates resemble the Ideal Template?

Have there been any changes to the stock email templates at all in the revisions over the past 2-3 years?

Thanks for any info.

kevinrm 06-06-2013 07:05 PM

What does that have to do with the X-Cart 4.6 release?

Ksenia 06-06-2013 10:24 PM

Hi folks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by PC Doctor
Like with the new Ideal Responsive Template - do the HTML email templates resemble the Ideal Template?

Thank you for your idea. No, HTML email templates were not revised yet. But it's a good idea, so I have forwarded it to the designers and architects for consideration. Hope it will be implemented=)

Quote:

Originally Posted by timbrrr
I gave it a try (upgrading from 455) last evening, but had to roll back- for some reason the shipping was only displaying UPS and was getting errors in the logs regarding shipping quotes for both USPS and UPS that looked like this.

Sorry for delay with reply.

I'm afraid remote diagnostics is not possible here, investigation on your server is required.

Will you please contact the support team in your HelpDesk account? Do not forget about valid FTP/SSH access (post it via special secure form only!)

Have a great weekend!

timbrrr 06-07-2013 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksenia
Hi folks!

Thank you for your idea. No, HTML email templates were not revised yet. But it's a good idea, so I have forwarded it to the designers and architects for consideration. Hope it will be implemented=)

Sorry for delay with reply.

I'm afraid remote diagnostics is not possible here, investigation on your server is required.

Will you please contact the support team in your HelpDesk account? Do not forget about valid FTP/SSH access (post it via special secure form only!)

Have a great weekend!

Ksenia-for some reason it started working.. May have been a setting that I had wrong, but thanks for the reply.
Please do announce when the updated addon packages are available for download in the file area next week.
Thans!

PC Doctor 06-07-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Ok, great! That's very encouraging to hear! I don't think the email templates have to necessarily be responsive themselves - but it would be great if they just had a similar 'look' to the template. And configurable text of course. Updating the look of the stock invoice would be great as well. Thanks for passing these suggestions along!

Anyone else interested in seeing the stock emails/invoice updated?

Shergar 06-08-2013 04:20 AM

hi

I updated My X-Cart Gold From 4.5.5 to 4.6 every thing worked out as normal
and no errors, but the only issue is i am unable to see product detail on website customer area some

now what to be done ? can you please advice

Thank you
Alex

cflsystems 06-08-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PC Doctor
Ok, great! That's very encouraging to hear! I don't think the email templates have to necessarily be responsive themselves - but it would be great if they just had a similar 'look' to the template. And configurable text of course. Updating the look of the stock invoice would be great as well. Thanks for passing these suggestions along!

Anyone else interested in seeing the stock emails/invoice updated?

Wanted to reply with a quote but hit Thanks :)
Email templates are use to generate emails and I don't really see them being responsive as they are just emails showing in your email client not browser. They do have configurable text - language variables. Now the invoice uses same templates as the emails so some adjustment can be done there maybe but in general if you open these templates they are easy to modify

PhilJ 06-08-2013 10:02 AM

Next / Previous products feature bug reported...
https://bugtracker.qtmsoft.com/view.php?id=42867

elmirage001 06-08-2013 10:04 AM

Just did a database upgrade from 4.4.5 --> 4.5.0 and then used the 4.5.0 --> 4.6.0 upgrade pack on a fresh 4.5.0 install and all went smoothly. Now to reinstall all mods, tweak and test...

Checked some stats for 4.6.0 using the Ideal Comfort template.

Firebug Net - 1.11 seconds
YSlow = B 87
Page Speed = 90/100

Great job Qualiteam!

carpeperdiem 06-09-2013 02:31 AM

Disabling modules in 4.6.0 admin frequently "crash". 4.6.0 automatically (ajax?) changes status if checkbox is ticked or unticked -- and this "feature" seems to only work some of the time. Like not too frequently, without a page refresh.

/admin/modules.php

Virgin 4.6.0 goldplus.

Has anyone else seen this issue?