X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=64575)

NikitaP 08-21-2012 11:35 PM

Re: CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADDISON
Based on your demo, can I use CloudSearch to get the right product searching for "shirt storm blue"? Normally it should generate one result Binary Mom, storm blue is one of the color.

If you type "shirt storm blue" on the demo you will get exactly one result in the popup.
As for the hosting the point is that you can use CloudSearch on any hosting and it will show the same performance everywhere.

mattia 08-23-2012 05:43 AM

Very nice mod but just too expensive for 100+ products. Besides charging per nr of products in the store is too 20th century. Users are prepared to be billed monthly for hosting, CRM, ERP, Support/Live Chat packages, even e-commerce hosted solutions, but not for an instant search mod. In my opinion you should be satisfied with charging a flat fee of $150 or even $250, that way probably you could convert 10-20% of your customer base quickly. Most instant search mods are $50-150 and do the job quite nicely, although they surely don't have all the eyecandy yours does and are probably not as precise delivering results.

ADDISON 08-23-2012 05:49 AM

About prices, I have to agree they are expensive. Most of the stores have >5000 products. You have to contact QT for a quote in this case.

Even it is fast, any other solution like this one for maximum price of 200 Euro but with a similarly accuracy, will be take in consideration. Just because you pay only one time and don't stress you have to pay monthly as you said in too many directions.

fulcan 08-23-2012 10:08 PM

Yep I agree, nice, but way too expensive. I have 30,000 products and the price just on 5000 products is ridiculous.

tmi 08-24-2012 04:32 AM

I have just installed the trial version of cloud search xcart module and it is working fine. Then after I uploaded 10 product in a category and when I search for those 10 product by putting his name etc then they are searchable anymore. All of the products are displaying but after installed this module I can't see the latest products. Please let me know what kind of problem it is and how to fix it. Please response me soon.

Thanks

NikitaP 08-24-2012 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmi
I have just installed the trial version of cloud search xcart module and it is working fine. Then after I uploaded 10 product in a category and when I search for those 10 product by putting his name etc then they are searchable anymore. All of the products are displaying but after installed this module I can't see the latest products. Please let me know what kind of problem it is and how to fix it. Please response me soon.

Thanks

Thank you for using our service!
Re-indexing happens once a day, so you need to wait for changes to take effect.

yulelogger 08-25-2012 12:39 PM

I've installed Cloud Search trial version and I keep getting this error (where xyz is my sitename):
Fatal error: Call to undefined function func_chmod_file() in /home/xyz/public_html/modules/Cloud_Search/func.php on line 237

Is anyone else having a problem getting it to work?
--Using version 4.1.10
Thanks.

NikitaP 08-26-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yulelogger
I've installed Cloud Search trial version and I keep getting this error (where xyz is my sitename):
Fatal error: Call to undefined function func_chmod_file() in /home/xyz/public_html/modules/Cloud_Search/func.php on line 237

Is anyone else having a problem getting it to work?
--Using version 4.1.10
Thanks.

At the moment, CloudSearch is only supported for X-Cart 4.4.x-4.5.x, but package for older software versions will be released next week. Please stay tuned.

NikitaP 08-27-2012 01:51 AM

Hi guys,

CloudSearch for X-Cart 4.1.x-4.3.x is now available in File Area and also via this link. Please give it a try.

ADDISON 08-27-2012 03:24 AM

I would like to install it on my localhost. Can your software work with a localhost?