X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Pop-up Anywhere module released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=66512)

karina 05-30-2013 05:09 AM

Re: Pop-up Anywhere module released

Quote:

Originally Posted by beetlejuice
Looks like a great addon Karina but I would like to see the option if it is possible, to have the pop-up appear when a word, sentence or paragraph is highlightedin the description area of a product.

beetlejuice

Thank you for feedback and your idea! Could you please share any store as an example of your idea? Or could you please specify how such feature can be used to be useful for customers?

karina 06-03-2013 12:47 AM

Pop-up Anywhere module is updated!

1. Now admin can schedule pop-ups for certain period with new setting 'Show in period' (set 'from date' and 'to date' with datepicker)

http://dev.qtmsoft.com/~karina/images/popup_anywhere_admin_popup_settings_show_in_period .png

http://dev.qtmsoft.com/~karina/images/popup_anywhere_admin_popups_management_with_status .png

2. New option for 'Pop-up will be shown' setting: 'When customer clicks the link'. This kind of pop-ups can be used to create pop-ups specific for your store. As the example, I've created 'Size guide' pop-up.

http://dev.qtmsoft.com/~karina/images/popup_anywhere_when_customer_clicks_the_link.png

http://dev.qtmsoft.com/~karina/images/popup_anywhere_customer_size_guide.png

3. Minor bug related to coupon discount value and X-Multicurrency is fixed.

4. 'Coupon settings' section is improved (coupon type is defined by selector now).

5. 'Show popup to all customers even if they have already seen it' selector is changed to button (if pop-up must be shown once per N days and pop-up content is changed administrator can use this button to force showing of pop-up).

The new version is in File Area already.

If you've already have installed module and want to get these improvements, please follow the instructions (no re-installation is required):
1. Unpack an updated distributive into a temp directory on your system
2. Apply 'sql/popup_anywhere_patch_upgrade_v10_v110.sql' from unpacked module distributive via Admin -> Patch/Upgrade Center, 'Apply SQL-patch' section.
3. Copy all module's files from temp directory (step 1) to your X-Cart directory to replace old files.
4. Clear X-Cart cache in admin area via 'Tools -> Maintance -> Clear templates/X-Cart cache'

AGRCooper 06-03-2013 02:35 AM

Hi,

I’ve downloaded and applied the update... table changes have been applied.. latest modules copied over.

The new start and end date fields appear on the options screen.

BUT Now I when I try to save options or even create a new Pop-up I get…

Access denied !
Attempt to write data to a missing field of the table. Try to remove X-Cart cache to solve the problem.

Error ID: 79

I have cleared the cache a number of times but still get the error every time I do a save??

candc 06-03-2013 03:37 AM

Hi,

We also seem to have a problem with sql errors.

Error code : 1146 Description : Table '.XC_TBL_PREFIXpopups' doesn't exist

karina 06-03-2013 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candc
Hi,

We also seem to have a problem with sql errors.

Error code : 1146 Description : Table '.XC_TBL_PREFIXpopups' doesn't exist

I've checked the distribituves and found out that 'modules/Popup_Anywhere/config.php' file was updated to the new version in all distributives and contain XC_TBL_PREFIX constant. But XC_TBL_PREFIX is used since X-Cart 4.5.3 only. The distributives are updated, please re-upload the module from File Area once again.

If store is X-Cart 4.5.2 or below then 'modules/Popup_Anywhere/config.php' file must contain this part of code:
PHP Code:

$sql_tbl['popups'] = 'xcart_popups';
$sql_tbl['popups_settings'] = 'xcart_popups_settings' 

If store is X-Cart 4.5.3 or above then 'modules/Popup_Anywhere/config.php' file must contain this part of code:
PHP Code:

$sql_tbl['popups'] = XC_TBL_PREFIX 'popups';
$sql_tbl['popups_settings'] = XC_TBL_PREFIX 'popups_settings' 

karina 06-03-2013 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGRCooper
Hi,

I▓ve downloaded and applied the update... table changes have been applied.. latest modules copied over.

The new start and end date fields appear on the options screen.

BUT Now I when I try to save options or even create a new Pop-up I get┘

Access denied !
Attempt to write data to a missing field of the table. Try to remove X-Cart cache to solve the problem.

Error ID: 79

I have cleared the cache a number of times but still get the error every time I do a save??

Usually this error means that the database cache is not regenerated. This cache is stored in <xcart_root_dir>/var/cache directory. There are two way to re-generate cache:
1. In admin area via 'Tools -> Maintance -> Clear templates/X-Cart cache'
2. Via console or FTP delete all files from <xcart_root_dir>/var/cache.

AGRCooper 06-03-2013 04:11 AM

On advice from support desk I manually deleted all files from <xcart_root_dir>/var/cache.

Seems to have fixed it, doing a save doesn't crash now.

karina 06-03-2013 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGRCooper
On advice from support desk I manually deleted all files from <xcart_root_dir>/var/cache.

Seems to have fixed it, doing a save doesn't crash now.

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved!

candc 06-05-2013 04:35 AM

We have resolved all the errors now, but I am not sure it has all worked correctly.

The time period is not showing, and the only popups that I can get working is the size guide and the top notification bar.

I have tried redoing the upgrade patche and am getting this error.

SQL PATCH FAILED AT QUERY:
ALTER TABLE xcart_popups ADD `start_date` int(11) NOT NULL default '0' AFTER `is_enabled`

And then a DB SQL error
SQL query : ALTER TABLE xcart_popups ADD `start_date` int(11) NOT NULL default '0' AFTER `is_enabled` Error code : 1060 Description : Duplicate column name 'start_date' Request URI: /admin/patch.phpAll a bit of a mess:-)

There is an uninstall patch, but still get errors. Is there a particular sequence the patches need applying after uninstalling?

There is also 2 popup anywhere modules listed on the modules page.

Any suggestions would be appreciated :D

karina 06-05-2013 06:15 AM

Quote:

We have resolved all the errors now, but I am not sure it has all worked correctly.

The time period is not showing, and the only popups that I can get working is the size guide and the top notification bar.

SQL PATCH FAILED AT QUERY:
ALTER TABLE xcart_popups ADD `start_date` int(11) NOT NULL default '0' AFTER `is_enabled`

And then a DB SQL error
SQL query : ALTER TABLE xcart_popups ADD `start_date` int(11) NOT NULL default '0' AFTER `is_enabled` Error code : 1060 Description : Duplicate column name 'start_date' Request URI: /admin/patch.php
All a bit of a mess:-)

There is an uninstall patch, but still get errors. Is there a particular sequence the patches need applying after uninstalling?

Any suggestions would be appreciated :D

Quote:

The time period is not showing,

Do you mean time period on the 'Pop-ups management' page or on 'Pop-up settings' page?
If you mean 'Pop-ups management' then please check if you have 'txt_popup_status_period' language variable.
If it's absent then please apply this SQL via 'Apply SQL patch' section:
REPLACE INTO xcart_languages SET code='en', name='txt_popup_status_period', value='availability period: {{start_date}} - {{end_date}}', topic='Text';
Or simply insert new language variable with the name 'txt_popup_status_period' and value='availability period: {{start_date}} - {{end_date}}'.

Quote:

SQL errors about duplicate column mean that patch was already applied. There is nothing to do special to change it. Please, do not apply sql-patches for module once again :)

Quote:

the only popups that I can get working is the size guide and the top notification bar.

Please check the 'Show in period' on 'Pop-up settings' page. Are the dates actual?

Quote:

I've tried to reproduce somehow this issue, but with no success: SQL doesn't allow me to insert two rows into xcart_modules with module_name='Popup_Anywhere'. So I couldn't say exactly the reason of this issue. To fix it you can delete one of rows (via Phpmyadmin or mysql console): there is no link between module_id and module availability, just the 'module_name' value is important.

----

What is the current state of the module in your store?

If the module still doesn't working, you can post a new ticket via HelpDesk and we will sort it out for you.

candc 06-05-2013 06:37 AM

Thankyou Karina :-)

It was disabled, it is now on with just the bottom checkout bar enabled.

I do have those variables.

There is no sign of the period settings on either page. I am assuming they should be the same as the images you posted earlier.

http://www.candccentral.co.uk/popup-1.png

http://www.candccentral.co.uk/popup-2.png

Something has gone wrong on the updating I think as it was working ok.

karina 06-05-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Thankyou Karina :-)

It was disabled, it is now on with just the bottom checkout bar enabled.

I do have those variables.

There is no sign of the period settings on either page. I am assuming they should be the same as the images you posted earlier.

Something has gone wrong on the updating I think as it was working ok.

According to the screenshots it seems that the module files were not updated. But I remember that you fixed the issue with 'XC_TBL_PREFIX' and it means that you've updated the files already.
So another possible reason: cache is not re-generated.

Could you please clear the cache ('<xcart_root_dir>/var/cache' and '<xcart_root_dir>/var/templates_c' directories) and check the module once again?

candc 06-05-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Could you please clear the cache ('<xcart_root_dir>/var/cache' and '<xcart_root_dir>/var/templates_c' directories) and check the module once again?

Thanks Karina, does not seem to have had any effect.

karina 06-05-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

does not seem to have had any effect.

One more thing: check your template file <skin_dir>/common_files/modules/Popup_Anywhere/admin/popup_settings.tpl

At the beginning of the file the following info must be presented:
Code:

{*
v3 (xcart_4_6_0), 2013-05-30 17:39:50, popup_settings.tpl, karina
vim: set ts=2 sw=2 sts=2 et:
*}

Also try to find the following code in this file:
Code:

<tr id="general_period">
      <td width="{$first_column_width}">&nbsp;</td>
      <td nowrap="nowrap" colspan="3" class="popup-settings-title"><label for="period">{$lng.lbl_popup_period}:</label></td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td colspan="2">
        {include file="main/datepicker.tpl" name="start_date" date=$popup_settings.start_date end_year="c+5" start_year="c-1"}
        &nbsp;-&nbsp;{include file="main/datepicker.tpl" name="end_date" date=$popup_settings.end_date end_year="c+5" start_year="c-1"}
      </td>
    </tr>

If your file doesn't contain this code or version differs, that I assume the templates files were not updated. To update files just copy all files from the new module distributive.

If it will not help, please post a new ticket via HelpDesk. We will sort it out for you if we will have the access to your store. Hard to say what else can be the reason of the issue since SQL-patches are applied and module files are updated.

yowstar 07-05-2013 08:50 AM

I am getting the following SQL error after applying the most recent update for popup anywhere version 4.5.5

SQL query : SELECT * FROM xcart_popups, xcart_popups_settings WHERE xcart_popups.popup_id = xcart_popups_settings.popup_id AND 1 AND type <> 'minicart_bar' AND whom_to_show IN ('A', 'N') AND is_enabled = 'Y' AND ((xcart_popups.start_date <= 1373042373 AND xcart_popups.end_date >= 1373042373) OR (xcart_popups_settings.when_to_show = 'C')) ORDER BY xcart_popups.position
Error code : 1054
Description : Unknown column 'xcart_popups.start_date' in 'where clause'
Request URI: /error_message.php
Backtrace:
/include/func/func.db.php:309
l/include/func/func.db.php:209
/include/func/func.db.php:489
/modules/Popup_Anywhere/func.php:302
/modules/Popup_Anywhere/func.php:493
/include/common.php:117
/error_message.php:48

cedaly1968 07-05-2013 11:33 AM

I installed today and the only problems I am having are:

1. The newlists are pulled from New Management, I use the X-Cart MailChimp Connector - it would be nice to pull from those tables; and
2. The Modify Pop-Up Settings page is dimmed under the Configure Pop-Up Content section. I can select the radial buttons, but not configure the content.

thoughts?

By the way - I noticed in the 4.4.3 files the version for common_files/modules/Popup_Anywhere/admin/popup_settings.tpl reads 4_5_5 at the top. Not sure if that is an oversight or maybe part of the problem?

karina 07-05-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cedaly1968
1. The newlists are pulled from New Management, I use the X-Cart MailChimp Connector - it would be nice to pull from those tables; and

Could you please clarify: do you use Mailchimp Basic (available in X-Cart 4.4.x by default) or Advanced Mailchimp (purchased as the separated module)? Also do you mean newslists selector that is visible for 'Pop-up with sign-up to newsletter form', is it correct?

Quote:

2. The Modify Pop-Up Settings page is dimmed under the Configure Pop-Up Content section. I can select the radial buttons, but not configure the content.

Thanks for reporting the issue! I've found the reason in the 'skin/common_files/modules/Popup_Anywhere/js/configure_settings.js' file. To fix the issue it is required to found following line of code in this file (it should be line #24):
Code:

if ($object.attr('checked') == 'checked') {
and replace it with this one:
Code:

if ($object.attr('checked') == true) {

The updated distributive will be in File Area within 1 hour.

Quote:

By the way - I noticed in the 4.4.3 files the version for common_files/modules/Popup_Anywhere/admin/popup_settings.tpl reads 4_5_5 at the top. Not sure if that is an oversight or maybe part of the problem?

It's OK, the module was developer for 4.5.5 firstly, that is why the file contains this version.

karina 07-05-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yowstar
I am getting the following SQL error after applying the most recent update for popup anywhere version 4.5.5

SQL query : SELECT * FROM xcart_popups, xcart_popups_settings WHERE xcart_popups.popup_id = xcart_popups_settings.popup_id AND 1 AND type <> 'minicart_bar' AND whom_to_show IN ('A', 'N') AND is_enabled = 'Y' AND ((xcart_popups.start_date <= 1373042373 AND xcart_popups.end_date >= 1373042373) OR (xcart_popups_settings.when_to_show = 'C')) ORDER BY xcart_popups.position
Error code : 1054
Description : Unknown column 'xcart_popups.start_date' in 'where clause'
Request URI: /error_message.php
Backtrace:
/include/func/func.db.php:309
l/include/func/func.db.php:209
/include/func/func.db.php:489
/modules/Popup_Anywhere/func.php:302
/modules/Popup_Anywhere/func.php:493
/include/common.php:117
/error_message.php:48

This SQL error means that there are no two new fields in 'xcart_popups' table.

It would be great if you can have a look at 'xcart_popups' table via PhpMyAdmin or mysql console. You need to check if 'start_date' and 'end_date' are presented in it.

If columns are in table then it is required to clear the cache: in admin area via 'Tools -> Maintance -> Clear templates/X-Cart cache' or by removing content from '<xcart_dir>/var/cache' directory.

If columns are not in the table then it is required to apply 'sql/popup_anywhere_patch_upgrade_v10_v110.sql' patch from unpacked module distributive is applied via Admin -> Patch/Upgrade Center, 'Apply SQL-patch' section and then clear the cache.

If you cannot check 'xcart_popups' columns please firstly try to clear the cache. Usually it's the main reason of such issues.

Please do not apply 'sql/popup_anywhere_patch_upgrade_v10_v110.sql' once again if you've already applied it to the store.

cedaly1968 07-05-2013 12:43 PM

I use the Advanced Mail Chimp Integration so my Newslists are actually defined in MailChimp and pulled into X-Cart and subscribers are fed directly into MailChimp without the need for manual transfer.

And my configure_settings.js file already reads

if ($object.attr('checked') == true) {

on line 24.

And the mask (overlay) still shows on the checked (and non-checked) options. I don't think the mask is necessary, is it? I can just comment it out of the template.

I am also not getting date ranges to be set for the pop-up window. It looks like that column is missing from the version for 4.4.3

karina 07-06-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

I use the Advanced Mail Chimp Integration so my Newslists are actually defined in MailChimp and pulled into X-Cart and subscribers are fed directly into MailChimp without the need for manual transfer.

Thanks for the clarification. I will check how we can integrate Pop-up Anywhere and Advanced MailChimp from the office, Monday.

Quote:

And the mask (overlay) still shows on the checked (and non-checked) options. I don't think the mask is necessary, is it? I can just comment it out of the template.

Mask overlay is required just for user experience: to make it more visually clear which option is selected. Two of three blocks must be masked. One block (with selected option) must be unmasked.

Another possible reason: check the permission of the file 'skin/common_files/modules/Popup_Anywhere/js/configure_settings.js'. It must be 644. The permissions can be changed from console with this line (it is assumed you are in <xcart_root_dir>):
Code:

chmod 644 skin/common_files/modules/Popup_Anywhere/js/configure_settings.js

Quote:

I am also not getting date ranges to be set for the pop-up window. It looks like that column is missing from the version for 4.4.3

Date ranges were added May 30. They can be changed on the 'Modify pop-up settings' page only. I've checked the distributive from File Area and 'start_date' and 'end_date' columns are presented in 'xcart_popups' table and 'admin/popup_settings.tpl' file. Unfortunately I cannot find any possible reason why there are no date ranges in your installation.

It would be better if you contact us via Helpdesk. Especially if you still have issues with masked options. Both issues need to be investigated on the server.

wineresources 07-07-2013 08:40 PM

Popups don't show images - popup_btn_close.png and minicart_icon.png.

karina 07-07-2013 11:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wineresources
Popups don't show images - popup_btn_close.png and minicart_icon.png.

I've checked all distributives in File Area and these images are included to them.

There are two possible ways to show images:

1. Please try to re-upload images once again. I've attached both images to my message. They need to be copied to the '<xcart_root_dir>/skin/common_files/modules/Popup_Anywhere/images/' directory.

2. If p.1 doesn't help, please try to set permissions (it is assumed that you are in console in <xcart_root> directory):
Code:

chmod 644 skin/common_files/modules/Popup_Anywhere/images/*.png

wineresources 07-08-2013 04:52 AM

Checked 1 & 2, Unfortunately still not showing up

http://www.ewineonline.com.au/white-wine/

Would appreciate any suggestions or help please.

karina 07-08-2013 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wineresources
Checked 1 & 2, Unfortunately still not showing up

http://www.ewineonline.com.au/white-wine/

Would appreciate any suggestions or help please.

I've checked your store and I've failed to open any modules images via URL. At the same time js-files are opened correctly and popup is shown, it means module is installed correctly.

As the first suggestion: are there any custom .htaccess redirects in your store related to images?

Also as I can see your store has not default skin, but I'm not sure if it can cause the issue. By the way you can try to copy the content of the '<xcart_dir>/skin/common_files/modules/Popup_Anywhere/images/' directory to new '<xcart_dir>/skin/ability/modules/Popup_Anywhere/' one.

If it will not help please submit a new ticket in HelpDesk (and do not forget about FTP/SSH access info posted via special secure form). In this case our support team will be able to investigate this issue on your server.

cedaly1968 07-08-2013 08:34 AM

Hi Karina,

I downloaded the recent updates for Pop-Up Anywhere for X-Cart 4.4.3 and I think the pop_settings.tpl file is an older version. You have referenced a snippet of code :

<tr id="general_period">
<td nowrap="nowrap" colspan="3" class="popup-settings-title"><label for="period">{$lng.lbl_popup_period}:</label></td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td colspan="2">
{include file="main/datepicker.tpl" name="start_date" date=$popup_settings.start_date end_year="c+5" start_year="c-1"}
&nbsp;-&nbsp;{include file="main/datepicker.tpl" name="end_date" date=$popup_settings.end_date end_year="c+5" start_year="c-1"}
</td>
</tr>

And that snippet is not in the update for 7/6/13.

I am very excited for this module, I was looking for this over a year ago and like what this can do!

-C. Daly

karina 07-09-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Hi Karina,

I downloaded the recent updates for Pop-Up Anywhere for X-Cart 4.4.3 and I think the pop_settings.tpl file is an older version. You have referenced a snippet of code :

<tr id="general_period">
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td colspan="2">
</td>
</tr>

And that snippet is not in the update for 7/6/13.

I am very excited for this module, I was looking for this over a year ago and like what this can do!

-C. Daly

Thank you for feedback! I'm glad to hear that you like it.
And thank you very much for pointing me out that issue with 4.4.3 distributive. I've reuploaded it to File Area, now it contains code for dates ranges.
If you have module without date ranges in order to get them please follow instructions from the end od this post:
http://forum.x-cart.com/showpost.php?p=358973&postcount=42

cedaly1968 07-09-2013 02:24 PM

I still don't have the module working but conceptually it is a great step forward for engaging customers.

karina 07-09-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

I still don't have the module working but conceptually it is a great step forward for engaging customers.

Please check your forum PM.

Holiday 07-12-2013 07:36 AM

I don't know for some reason the pop-ups management is not showing in the content.
I have enabled the module. I have deleted the /var/cache

karina 07-12-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holiday
I don't know for some reason the pop-ups management is not showing in the content.
I have enabled the module. I have deleted the /var/cache

If admin area of your store uses non-default template, then it can be a reason of this issue. Does admin zone of your store use default template or not?

Holiday 07-12-2013 11:53 PM

I installed the cart with ideal responsive template.

karina 07-13-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holiday
I installed the cart with ideal responsive template.

Unfortunately, it's hard to say what is the reason of the issue without investigation. So it will be better if you submit new ticket in HelpDesk with the access to your store, our support team will help you.

ADDISON 07-21-2013 12:14 AM

Ideal Responsive is a cool idea, but has issues. I already found a few issues and reported them. For a while I do recommend precaution in working with this X-Cart Template. A great feature, but ...

Karina - I will send you on Monday or Tuesday a few ideas related to functionality of this module (PopUp Anywhere).

kevinrm 07-23-2013 06:42 PM

FYI, the Pop-Up Anywhere module is currently NOT working with Facebook and hasn't for about a month. Something about Facebook changing their codes....

While this mod was working with Facebook, it was doing a very good job of getting me many new fan "likes" so will be happy when they get that fixed.

karina 07-23-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinrm
FYI, the Pop-Up Anywhere module is currently NOT working with Facebook and hasn't for about a month. Something about Facebook changing their codes....

While this mod was working with Facebook, it was doing a very good job of getting me many new fan "likes" so will be happy when they get that fixed.

Could you please check this now? I've checked it on my dev version and coupon is generated successfully when I click 'Like' button in Facebook plugin.

There was some issue with this plugin, clicking 'Like' button in 'Like Box' didn't fire 'FB.Event.subscribe' event. Customer were able to 'like' your page but no coupon was generated. I've been searching for a solution, but yesterday it started to work again, without any changes in the module's code.

cedaly1968 07-24-2013 05:09 AM

The Facebook, Twitter and Google plus functionality only work if you have X-Cart V4.5+ - correct? The module required is Socialize which is not in 4.4.X Unless custom coded of course.

karina 07-24-2013 05:41 AM

Quote:

The Facebook, Twitter and Google plus functionality only work if you have X-Cart V4.5+ - correct? The module required is Socialize which is not in 4.4.X Unless custom coded of course.

The social buttons are depend on Socialize module which is available as a built-in module in X-Cart 4.4.4 and later ( http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:Socialize ). For other X-Cart versions it is possible to install Socialize module or make these social buttons available for Pop-up Anywhere module only within our custom development service or you can do it by yourself. Short instructions are below.

If you have v4.4.3 or lower:
Administrator can modify the templates via 'Edit templates' page, remove condition for 'Socialize' module and add links and images for social buttons manually. The following files use 'Socialize' condition and social buttons:
<xcart_dir>/skin/common_files/modules/Popup_Anywhere/predefined/notification_bar.tpl
<xcart_dir>/skin/common_files/modules/Popup_Anywhere/predefined/minicart_bar.tpl

To make Facebook 'Like Box' plugin working without 'Socialize' module it should be enough to edit '<xcart_dir>/skin/common_files/modules/Popup_Anywhere/predefined/social_plugin.tpl' file and change '{$config.Socialize.soc_fb_page_url}' to your url like 'http://facebook.com/xcart'

kevinrm 07-24-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karina
Could you please check this now? I've checked it on my dev version and coupon is generated successfully when I click 'Like' button in Facebook plugin.

There was some issue with this plugin, clicking 'Like' button in 'Like Box' didn't fire 'FB.Event.subscribe' event. Customer were able to 'like' your page but no coupon was generated. I've been searching for a solution, but yesterday it started to work again, without any changes in the module's code.

Still doesn't work for me...not generating the coupon, customers complaining because they click on the "like" then don't get the coupon.

karina 07-25-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinrm
Still doesn't work for me...not generating the coupon, customers complaining because they click on the "like" then don't get the coupon.

Kevin, I've just liked your page on your site and the new coupon 'bhSR**8S' with $2.00 discount was successfully generated (you can delete this coupon in admin area).

Facebook team have updated the status of this bug yesterday:
https://developers.facebook.com/bugs/508219649233845
"This should now be resolved. Thanks for your patience.
Status changed to Fixed"

When your customers inform you about not generating coupon last time? The status of the bug on Facebook was changed yesterday at 11.35 PM, may be your customers liked your page before this time?

kevinrm 07-25-2013 01:25 AM

I just checked this, it's now working again. Thank you!

If you've got a competitor who you are trying to pull ahead of on Facebook, this is the mod for you. Last month before the problem, i was generating 10 likes for every 1 of my competitors.