X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Refine Filters module released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=65987)

xtech 11-11-2014 09:21 PM

Re: Refine Filters module released

Quote:

Originally Posted by vladimir.gritsenko
First three bugs were fixed.
Thank you.

But still cannot get any solution.Again support said custom development required.

Beside the previous two issues please solve this issue also -

Brand filter: once a brand is filtered, all the other brands get disabled for Instant products list update option.

Thanks,
xtech

Freakmode 11-13-2014 12:24 AM

What is the correct upgrade method for Refine Filters from 4.6.0 to 4.6.5 without losing and setup filters? Is there an upgrade patch that adds new fields to the database without losing existing data?

not_so_young_greg 11-21-2014 01:53 AM

Hi, Vladimir,

Any news on the Refiner Filters update front?
The version posted on Oct 29th does not seem to work. It filters products from current category and subcategories at the same time, when the filter is removed it shows all products in one listing (from current category and subcategories), the price range does not match, etc.
Javascript works better (but not ideal), php does not.

vladimir.gritsenko 11-21-2014 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakmode
What is the correct upgrade method for Refine Filters from 4.6.0 to 4.6.5 without losing and setup filters? Is there an upgrade patch that adds new fields to the database without losing existing data?

To update the module keeping the module info you need:

1) Updated the module files
2) Find out the difference between module tables for older and newer versions and apply some queries to eliminate the difference.

vladimir.gritsenko 11-21-2014 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not_so_young_greg
Hi, Vladimir,

Any news on the Refiner Filters update front?
The version posted on Oct 29th does not seem to work. It filters products from current category and subcategories at the same time, when the filter is removed it shows all products in one listing (from current category and subcategories), the price range does not match, etc.
Javascript works better (but not ideal), php does not.

As I know, the last version of the module works flawlessly. Please post a ticket to our support team so the will investigate was is wrong.

xtech 11-21-2014 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtech
But still cannot get any solution.Again support said custom development required.

Beside the previous two issues please solve this issue also -

Brand filter: once a brand is filtered, all the other brands get disabled for Instant products list update option.

Thanks,
xtech

What is the update for this modifications?

Also I want to change the way it works for both category and brand page, i.e. make it reset by browsing other pages of your site, not by clicking the new link.

Thanks,
xtech

vladimir.gritsenko 11-21-2014 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtech
What is the update for this modifications?

Also I want to change the way it works for both category and brand page, i.e. make it reset by browsing other pages of your site, not by clicking the new link.

Thanks,
xtech

It is fixed in the last module update.

not_so_young_greg 11-26-2014 01:16 AM

Yes, my bad, the module works.

I have figured out my problem. It might help somebody so I will try to describe it.
I moved from 4.5.4 to 4.6.5. I did not update but imported products into a new installation, using x-cart export-import feature. It looked ok.

But most of my products have variants so availability is based on variants, not on general "available quantity" (you know, the box on product details page which gets disabled once you create variants). Some of my products imported with 0 as general available quantity (why - I do not know). It is hard to notice - the "available quantity" box does not show anything if a product has variants. Works ok though.
The only way to check it is to either disable variants or look at the database.

Since the recent Refine Filters version does not check for "avail" field in the "variants" table but checks for "avail" field in the "products" table, I got all weird results - and I mean weird (it was not the case with the former version because it listed all products including out of stock items).

I had to write a small script to update "avail" field if variants available are > 0. Now it seems to work ok.

Hope it helps.

not_so_young_greg 12-18-2014 01:55 AM

Feature Comparison functionality disappears after filtering producsts with Refine Filters module.
It does not help if I remove all filters - must refresh the page in order to show Feature Comparison checkboxes.

Is it just me?

vladimir.gritsenko 12-18-2014 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not_so_young_greg
Feature Comparison functionality disappears after filtering producsts with Refine Filters module.
It does not help if I remove all filters - must refresh the page in order to show Feature Comparison checkboxes.

Is it just me?

Please post a ticket to HelpDesk so we can check it out.

Thanks