X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Refine Filters module released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=65987)

vladimir.gritsenko 11-29-2013 04:06 AM

Re: Refine Filters module released

Quote:

Originally Posted by Learner
I have posted it to support.I have installed reboot template but it is not working in manufacturer page.So please provide me support.

When I posted it to support technical support said need to pay for investigation.

Please provide me support as it is not working as expected.

Apparently, your case requires server-side investiagtion which is not covered by our free generic support, I am afraid.

vladimir.gritsenko 11-29-2013 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakmode
But your Help Docs show it as a drop down box.

The screenshot was outdated, we've updated it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakmode
If you delete it and create it again will the existing assignments be preserved?

Do you mean the product assignments? No, they won't preserve I'm afraid.

Learner 12-05-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vladimir.gritsenko
Apparently, your case requires server-side investiagtion which is not covered by our free generic support, I am afraid.

If the problem is with third party template reboot then please solve it if any bugs present in the module or problem with reboot!!!!

Learner 12-12-2013 09:25 PM

Hello Vladimir,
I think no problem with reboot as I have seen in manufacturer page it is filtering only main category products not any additional category product,is it so?

If not then why the additional categories are showing in the left panel with no of products?

Thank you.

vladimir.gritsenko 12-23-2013 05:53 AM

Hi folks!

Here it goes - Refine Filters Chrismas update :)

What's included:

- filters at the homepage feature
- minor bugfixes

xtech 12-25-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vladimir.gritsenko
Hi folks!

Here it goes - Refine Filters Chrismas update :)

What's included:

- filters at the homepage feature
- minor bugfixes

In manufacturer page filtering is working only on main category not on additional category level.

espresso 01-02-2014 10:55 AM

We installed the December release.

In our case, on the manufacturer page, it shows the " choose a Categories" but no filters. Once you select a category, the filters are displayed.

This worked on an older version. We uploaded the new files (December release) over the old version on our dev site. On the dev site the filter shows up on the manufacturers page including the categories. May be some files are missing on the latest release. I think the filters shouldn't show up for our case, so an option in the config settings would be welcome.

The Ajax (dynamic filtering) on the products list is not working for us. The entire page reloads instead. We use CDSEO Pro from WebsiteCM. May be CDSEO is forcing a reload ? Jon, if you are monitoring may be you have a solution ?

The Ajax on the Manufacturers page causes a greyed out box over the products_list template on IE, Mozilla, Chrome and safari. It only worked on the iPad as expected.

The QTY's available are not shown on Yes/No radio buttons.

There is no reset button available on the manufacturers Categories selection.

whitesunglass 01-13-2014 08:37 PM

Another feature that's really needed is color grouping.
For example, if the products have all sort of blue colors like sky blue, navy blue, dark blue, blue, etc, we don't want to show all of them in the color section of the filter, otherwise it would have hundreds of color blocks showing. We only want to show the major colors (Black, Gray, Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, etc..).
The module should allow grouping these colors to a general "Blue" and when the end user clicks on the "Blue" filter, it should show all the products that have associated blues.
This is crucial for stores that has lots of products.

vladimir.gritsenko 01-14-2014 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtech
In manufacturer page filtering is working only on main category not on additional category level.

The bug is fixed in the current module release. Please either re-install the module oк contact our support team for the patch.

Freakmode 01-14-2014 03:52 AM

If we install the new version will it preserve all of the existing filters that have been setup?

What is the correct procedure for a module upgrade?