X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Multi currency modul (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=38421)

TanyaG 06-29-2009 02:10 AM

Re: Multi currency modul

Quote:

Originally Posted by virtual@croatia
Sorry to inform you that I can't fix it. I've spent 2 hours trying to, but it's too deep in x-cart.

Sorry to hear that. I would like to say thank you very much for all help and your brilliant work.

TanyaG 06-29-2009 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by designtheweb
Virtual, you've done a great job here, I hope everyone appreciates the amount of effort you have put in. This is now working great on my site and I was just wondering if it was possible to put a comma in the thousands figure as at the moment it is blank and looks a little wierd.

Hi Designtheweb, did you manage to make it work for 4.2.1?

virtual@croatia 07-04-2009 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TanyaG
Hi Designtheweb, did you manage to make it work for 4.2.1?

The problem is not 4.2.1, it is the new SEO which you are using and he doesn't.

virtual@croatia 07-04-2009 04:06 AM

Quote:

Virtual, you've done a great job here, I hope everyone appreciates the amount of effort you have put in. This is now working great on my site and I was just wondering if it was possible to put a comma in the thousands figure as at the moment it is blank and looks a little wierd.

Hi,

I've checked it and it seams that this is a new feature of 4.2.1, it is not connected with my module.
Can you check and see does it happen without the module?

Tanya G 07-14-2009 01:45 AM

Quote:

Hi,

I've checked it and it seams that this is a new feature of 4.2.1, it is not connected with my module.
Can you check and see does it happen without the module?

Hi Virtual, Thank you very much for looking at this issue. But I didn't understand what did you mean by saying "without the module"?

virtual@croatia 07-21-2009 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanya G
Hi Virtual, Thank you very much for looking at this issue. But I didn't understand what did you mean by saying "without the module"?

I'm at the vacation, so my posts will be more rare than usual. I don't remember the post with the text "without the module". Can you quote it?

designtheweb 07-29-2009 11:32 PM

Hi, I have a problem.

I am using this module and have all my prices in $USD. I then use this module to show pricing in AUD-Australian dollars and NZD - New Zealand dollars.

The problem first arose when a New Zealand customer purchased a product and went through the credit card payment process and instead of their credit card being charged AUD$859.20 they were in fact charged only $703.80. I checked the amount by running a dummy and $703.80 appeared on the banks page so it appears that it is using the USD figure and not the Australian figure.

Here's a sample:

USD
Exchange
NZ
AUD
Credit Card Processor
Item:

Shipping

TOTAL
AUD703.80

The amount of the Credit Card transaction reflects USD and not AUD, so therefore shows incorrect amount in favour of customer (i.e. I lose money or have to correct with customer)
I see in the admin panel that it says this:

Alternative currency symbol (empty to disable). Note that credit card charges are made using primary currency

Is there any way of changing the primary currency so that a secondary currency can pass to a credit card processor? If not I will have to change all my pricing to Australian dollars which in fact is the reason why I needed the module in the first place because I buy in USD.

These people are having same problem but it has nothing to do with your mod.

http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=26580&highlight=primary+currency
http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=33076&highlight=primary+currency

Thanks

virtual@croatia 07-30-2009 01:08 AM

Quote:

Hi, I have a problem.
The problem first arose when a New Zealand customer purchased a product and went through the credit card payment process and instead of their credit card being charged AUD$859.20 they were in fact charged only $703.80. I checked the amount by running a dummy and $703.80 appeared on the banks page so it appears that it is using the USD figure and not the Australian figure.

What payment module do you use?

bemore 10-26-2009 04:23 PM

I know this is old, but I'm getting this error and never saw a posted fix. Does anyone have one???

Quote:

I am still not getting the multi currency to show up correctly, instead of getting the options to activate currencies, all I am getting is "select default currency and the save button.

When I copy the func.mail.php into the directory I get the following error when trying to do anything in admin

Fatal error: Call to undefined function func_email_validation_regexp() in /home/pacificd/public_html/admin/configuration.php on line 470

This is line 470: $smarty->assign("email_validation_regexp", func_email_validation_regexp());

Any ideas?

Rob Maskell 11-09-2009 06:19 PM

hey friends,

I would like to install this module.

But I am getting the following error:

Please wait ...
Creating table: [xcart_currency_rate] ... [OK]
[FAILED] Duplicate entry 'RSD' for key 1

What shall I do?

Rob Maskell 11-15-2009 06:28 PM

Hi Guys,

I m getting the following error:

Copying skin files ...

Creating directory: [skin1\modules/Multi_Currency] ... [OK]
Copying to file skin1\modules/Multi_Currency\currencies.tpl - [OK]
Copying to file skin1\modules/Multi_Currency\menu_currency.tpl - [OK]
[OK]

Activating the module ...

Please wait ...
[OK]

Please wait ...
[FAILED]
Duplicate entry 'RSD' for key 1

iBorg 12-26-2009 01:15 PM

Do not work for 4.3.0 :(

Italian Glassman 02-17-2010 04:02 PM

Thanks again for the great mod! Works like a charm.

Is there a way for the Fulfillment Staff to have access to the currency?
My staff member sometimes fills the orders under a Fulfillment Staff profile. The problem is that when she wants to complete the order, the email the customer receives is always in USD (even if the purchase was made in CAD). She can't send one in CAD because she has no access to the currency module.

Freakmode 02-18-2010 09:14 AM

Does this work with 4.3?

manishp 02-24-2010 12:32 PM

I am getting an error on 4.2.2

Copying skin files ...

Creating directory: [skin1\modules/Multi_Currency] ... [OK]
Copying to file skin1\modules/Multi_Currency\currencies.tpl - [OK]
Copying to file skin1\modules/Multi_Currency\menu_currency.tpl - [OK]
[OK]

Activating the module ...

Please wait ...
[OK]

Please wait ...
[FAILED]
Duplicate entry 'RSD' for key 1

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Walteru 04-14-2010 09:33 AM

Hi there... would it work with ver 4.3.1?
Thanks for ur time!

instacomm 09-13-2010 12:20 AM

Hi all, has anybody managed to get it to work with v4.3.2? If so, did you have to do any tweaks to get it to work?

Thanks,

goinfinity10 09-22-2010 04:54 AM

I've tried your mod and got it working perfectly. :D/

However, i encountered a problem with the paypal portion.

I applied the codes respectively and it seemed working, however, no matter what currency is selected, when it comes into the ps_paypal.php, the $store_currency is still the defaulted currency.

Anyone having any ideas? Thanks! :D

fioppy 12-07-2010 09:23 AM

Will any body develop this module to work with Xcart 4.4?
this is widely needed module and We love to make it available for latest Xcart versions.

Please help

Learner 12-14-2010 12:56 AM

Is it possible to give country specific product price value in product page depending upon country???

xtech 01-03-2011 07:18 AM

Any update about 4.4 versions??

webkeon 06-16-2011 09:25 PM

Dear,

I am trying to download this module but when I click the following link, i am not able to download the module... links go to the main forum page ... may I know the process of download this module and also want to know this is free or chargeable.

Thank you & regards

Quote:

Here is a module which brings a multi currency support.
- No limited number of currencies
- It can automatically update the currency rate with only one button pressing
- In combination with IP_Range it can recognize the country where the customer is coming from and choose the right currency for him

http://www.smee.hr/skin1/images/xcart%20forum/client.jpg

Currency management:
http://www.smee.hr/skin1/images/xcart%20forum/admin.jpg

Instrunctions how to install it:

1. Unzip all files in the root of the xcart. Replace all files with the new one (be carefull if you made some changes on admin/func/func.mail.php, skin1/currency.tpl, skin1/modules/Product_Options/check_options.tpl or skin1/modules/Product_Options/func.js)

2. In a browser type http://yoursitedomain/install-currency.php and follow the procedure. You will need a number you were provided with when you were installing the shop for the first time. If you don't have it, you can find it in include/install.php file under $installation_auth_code

3. Insert this code into your design (for example in skin1/head.tpl), where you would like to have a currency choice.
If you want to put it in between a table:
PHP Code:

{if $active_modules.Multi_Currency}
    <
tr><td align="left">{include file="modules/Multi_Currency/menu_currency.tpl"}</td></tr>
    {/if} 

Out of a table:
PHP Code:

{include 
file="modules/Multi_Currency/menu_currency.tpl"}
    {/if} 

4. Insert this code in skin1/admin/menu_admin.tpl, anywhere between lines 3 and 20:
PHP Code:

{if $active_modules.Multi_Currency}<a href="{$catalogs.admin}/currencies.php" class="VertMenuItems">{$lng.lbl_currencies}</a><br />{/if} 

5. Insert this code in skin1/single/home.tpl, anywhere between lines 60 and 250, on any empty line:

PHP Code:

{elseif $main eq "currencies_edit"}
{include 
file="modules/Multi_Currency/currencies.tpl"

After inserting it should look something like this:

PHP Code:

{elseif 
$main eq "snapshots"}
{include 
file="admin/main/snapshots.tpl"}

{elseif 
$main eq "currencies_edit"}
{include 
file="modules/Multi_Currency/currencies.tpl"}

{elseif 
$main eq "titles"}
{include 
file="admin/main/titles.tpl"}

6. Insert this code in skin1/admin/home.tpl, anywhere between lines 60 and 250, on any empty line:
PHP Code:

{include 

PHP Code:

{elseif 
$main eq "snapshots"}
{include 

{elseif 
{include 

{elseif 
$main eq "titles"}
{include 

7. Insert this code in skin1/admin/menu.tpl:
PHP Code:

{if $active_modules.Multi_Currency}{include file="modules/Multi_Currency/menu_currency.tpl"}<br />{/if} 

8. Do not forget to empty the field of the alternative currency symbol in Admin/General Settings, paragraph General parameters. The default currency should have 3 letters, like CAD or USD or EUR, not US$, ─ or similar! Don't forget to make some of the currencies active. Go to the currencies section in the admin mode and check Active for the currencies you want to be active.

9. If you use PayPal unpack the file paypal.zip and overwrite your existing files.

Important!
If you want to use it with IP_Range module, you have to install IP_Range module first!
If you miss to do that you have to change line 67 in include/data_cache.php from

PHP Code:

$all_active_modules func_query_column("SELECT module_name FROM $sql_tbl[modules] USE INDEX (active) WHERE active='Y'"); 

to

PHP Code:

$all_active_modules func_query_column("SELECT module_name FROM $sql_tbl[modules] USE INDEX (active) WHERE active='Y' ORDER BY module_name"); 

It's been tested with 4.1.10 and 4.2.1 versions

New version uploaded 23/08/2007 - fixed error "Unknown column 'xcart_currencies.orderby' in 'order clause'"
New version uploaded 02/03/2008 - fixed error with product options prices
New version uploaded 04/03/2008 - fixed minor error with product options prices
New version uploaded 19/03/2008 - implemented gift certificate support
New version uploaded 29/10/2008 - updated for 4.1.10 version
New version uploaded 08/11/2008 - fixed an error when a changing the currency forced the page to be redirected to the main page
Paypal files uploaded 13/01/2009 - if you use PayPal please overwrite your existing files with the one in the attachment

4.2.1 version uploaded 07/06/2009 - this is the first version for xcart 4.2.1. It should work, but if it doesn't please post your problem and I will fix it soon

New versions uploaded 22/06/2009 - Auto update added. It auto sets the rate from the web site http://rss.timegenie.com/forex.txt. After the update the updated currencies will be italic.
New version uploaded 25/06/2009 - minor fix an error during the uninstalling
New version uploaded 25/06/2009 - fix an error for 4.2.1 when SEO option was enabled
New version uploaded 25/06/2009 - fixed some issues with Product Options in 4.2.1
New version uploaded 07/08/2009 - fixed loosing order by after update in version for 4.1.10

dmpinder 06-27-2011 08:42 AM

Is this compatible with v4.4.3?

Thanks,

Darren

Glowfast 07-24-2011 12:22 AM

Is this mod able to adjust the currency in the invoice? for example could we charge in Aus $ and US$ and have that reflected on the invoice?

Quote:

Here is a module which brings a multi currency support.
- No limited number of currencies
- It can automatically update the currency rate with only one button pressing
- In combination with IP_Range it can recognize the country where the customer is coming from and choose the right currency for him

http://www.smee.hr/skin1/images/xcart%20forum/client.jpg

Currency management:
http://www.smee.hr/skin1/images/xcart%20forum/admin.jpg

Instrunctions how to install it:

1. Unzip all files in the root of the xcart. Replace all files with the new one (be carefull if you made some changes on admin/func/func.mail.php, skin1/currency.tpl, skin1/modules/Product_Options/check_options.tpl or skin1/modules/Product_Options/func.js)

2. In a browser type http://yoursitedomain/install-currency.php and follow the procedure. You will need a number you were provided with when you were installing the shop for the first time. If you don't have it, you can find it in include/install.php file under $installation_auth_code

3. Insert this code into your design (for example in skin1/head.tpl), where you would like to have a currency choice.
If you want to put it in between a table:
PHP Code:

<
tr><td align="left">{include file="modules/Multi_Currency/menu_currency.tpl"}</td></tr>
    {/if} 

Out of a table:
PHP Code:

{include 
file="modules/Multi_Currency/menu_currency.tpl"}
    {/if} 

4. Insert this code in skin1/admin/menu_admin.tpl, anywhere between lines 3 and 20:
PHP Code:

{if $active_modules.Multi_Currency}<a href="{$catalogs.admin}/currencies.php" class="VertMenuItems">{$lng.lbl_currencies}</a><br />{/if} 

5. Insert this code in skin1/single/home.tpl, anywhere between lines 60 and 250, on any empty line:

PHP Code:

{include 

PHP Code:

{elseif 
$main eq "snapshots"}
{include 

{elseif 
{include 

{elseif 
$main eq "titles"}
{include 

6. Insert this code in skin1/admin/home.tpl, anywhere between lines 60 and 250, on any empty line:
PHP Code:

{include 

PHP Code:

{elseif 
$main eq "snapshots"}
{include 

{elseif 
{include 

{elseif 
$main eq "titles"}
{include 

7. Insert this code in skin1/admin/menu.tpl:
PHP Code:

{if $active_modules.Multi_Currency}{include file="modules/Multi_Currency/menu_currency.tpl"}<br />{/if} 

8. Do not forget to empty the field of the alternative currency symbol in Admin/General Settings, paragraph General parameters. The default currency should have 3 letters, like CAD or USD or EUR, not US$, ─ or similar! Don't forget to make some of the currencies active. Go to the currencies section in the admin mode and check Active for the currencies you want to be active.

9. If you use PayPal unpack the file paypal.zip and overwrite your existing files.

Important!
If you want to use it with IP_Range module, you have to install IP_Range module first!
If you miss to do that you have to change line 67 in include/data_cache.php from

PHP Code:

$all_active_modules func_query_column("SELECT module_name FROM $sql_tbl[modules] USE INDEX (active) WHERE active='Y'"); 

to

PHP Code:

$all_active_modules func_query_column("SELECT module_name FROM $sql_tbl[modules] USE INDEX (active) WHERE active='Y' ORDER BY module_name"); 

It's been tested with 4.1.10 and 4.2.1 versions

New version uploaded 23/08/2007 - fixed error "Unknown column 'xcart_currencies.orderby' in 'order clause'"
New version uploaded 02/03/2008 - fixed error with product options prices
New version uploaded 04/03/2008 - fixed minor error with product options prices
New version uploaded 19/03/2008 - implemented gift certificate support
New version uploaded 29/10/2008 - updated for 4.1.10 version
New version uploaded 08/11/2008 - fixed an error when a changing the currency forced the page to be redirected to the main page
Paypal files uploaded 13/01/2009 - if you use PayPal please overwrite your existing files with the one in the attachment

4.2.1 version uploaded 07/06/2009 - this is the first version for xcart 4.2.1. It should work, but if it doesn't please post your problem and I will fix it soon

New versions uploaded 22/06/2009 - Auto update added. It auto sets the rate from the web site http://rss.timegenie.com/forex.txt. After the update the updated currencies will be italic.
New version uploaded 25/06/2009 - minor fix an error during the uninstalling
New version uploaded 25/06/2009 - fix an error for 4.2.1 when SEO option was enabled
New version uploaded 25/06/2009 - fixed some issues with Product Options in 4.2.1
New version uploaded 07/08/2009 - fixed loosing order by after update in version for 4.1.10

sinobest 08-13-2011 04:01 AM

Does this work with 4.3?

fmoses 10-28-2011 10:14 PM

Was wondering if anyone new if this would cause any issues with the on sale mod by altered cart? Also Is there anyway to get the multiple pricing to come out on export feeds for google so submissions can be made for the various regions?

webdesignhelper 12-16-2011 09:34 AM

any update on the 4.4 version ?

fmoses 01-01-2012 11:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I went ahead and installed it, it seems to have been working fine but i'm having the issue with the on sale mod, and it not showing the prices normally. For US, Euro, Australian, it's showing the proper pricing, but I've also included INR or Rs. for Indian Rs. and it doesn't show the pricing correctly? I'm on 4.1.9 and not sure what the issue is. Please see the attached screen shots.

It's currently on our development site at http://www.anythingindian.biz/wws_main/wws

fmoses 01-03-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmoses
I went ahead and installed it, it seems to have been working fine but i'm having the issue with the on sale mod, and it not showing the prices normally. For US, Euro, Australian, it's showing the proper pricing, but I've also included INR or Rs. for Indian Rs. and it doesn't show the pricing correctly? I'm on 4.1.9 and not sure what the issue is. Please see the attached screen shots.

It's currently on our development site at http://www.anythingindian.biz/wws_main/wws

Bill with Altered Cart provided the solution. Posting here for anyone else that might have encountered the same issue.

It looks like the price_format() function is causing the problems. Try the following:

skin1/modules/Product_Options/func.js:

Change this bit of code at the beginning of the file from:

// On Sale :: alteredcart.com //
function onsale_calculate_product_discount(price){

if (
discount_per_amount > 0)
price = price_format((price/100)*(100-discount_per_amount));

if (
discount_abs_amount > 0)
price = price_format(price - discount_abs_amount);

return
price;

}
// END On Sale :: alteredcart.com //

to:

// On Sale :: alteredcart.com //
function onsale_calculate_product_discount(price){

if (
discount_per_amount > 0)
price = (price/100)*(100-discount_per_amount);

if (
discount_abs_amount > 0)
price = price - discount_abs_amount;

return
price;

}
// END On Sale :: alteredcart.com //

fmoses 01-04-2012 08:22 AM

Finally got everything installed. I had a customer who ordered a product it appears that it went through in PayPal, on the backend it showed it as declined. On checking the error I found this problem that the api was kicking back to me

Reason: Declined: Payment amount mismatch: wrong order currency ( USD )

Where am I missing something?

In General Settings I had the symbol of $, but I have now changed it USD, and unfortunately that hasn't corrected it.

fmoses 07-29-2013 04:15 AM

This mod has been working pretty well for me, however the feed currently that we were using is no longer there. http://rss.timegenie.com/forex.txt Is there anywhere else we can get the currency feed from?

virtual@croatia 07-29-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmoses
This mod has been working pretty well for me, however the feed currently that we were using is no longer there. http://rss.timegenie.com/forex.txt Is there anywhere else we can get the currency feed from?

Hi,
I don't use this module any more as the last version of x-cart offers that in the main package. But anyway, you can search for any other currency rate source and adapt the code. The code is open so you can adapt it pretty easily.

suseela 08-04-2014 11:34 PM

i am using Xcart pro. For some reason paypal does not convert the amount generated in our cart's invoice. Is there any defect in the multi currency module?

virtual@croatia 08-05-2014 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suseela
i am using Xcart pro. For some reason paypal does not convert the amount generated in our cart's invoice. Is there any defect in the multi currency module?

Hi,
What version of Xcart do you use?

suseela 08-06-2014 03:01 AM

4.5.4 Pro

suseela 08-06-2014 03:26 AM

sent you the screenshots at smee@smee.com

virtual@croatia 08-06-2014 03:39 AM

Quote:

4.5.4 Pro

Hi,
I don't use it any more and I don't have any way to test it any more. We moved to Xcart v5 that has this module already implemented.

suseela 08-06-2014 10:27 AM

also please let me know, where can i find payment_methods.tpl.

virtual@croatia 08-09-2014 12:28 AM

Quote:

also please let me know, where can i find payment_methods.tpl.

Sorry Suseela, I reall ycannot provide technical support any more. That was couple of years ago and I'm a way out of this project. I don't remember anything anymore.