X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   General questions (X-Cart 5) (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   MailChimp - Does anyone use it? Recommend it? (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=74765)

GlasPak 12-07-2016 12:09 PM

MailChimp - Does anyone use it? Recommend it?

Has anyone used MailChimp and if so do you recommend it? Looking for the abandoned cart reminder (wish X-Cart did this natively)

kevinrm 12-07-2016 07:46 PM

Re: MailChimp - Does anyone use it? Recommend it?

I use it and think it's great. I used to have Interspire email marketer software installed on my server but it quit running on PHP7 and they weren't supporting it anymore so I thought I'd give MailChimp a try. Switched my cart back to PHP5.6, exported my 2500+ mailing list from that and turned PHP7 back on. Deleted Interspire off of my server - just one less potential portal for hacking anyway. Then I imported those into Mailchimp. When you have over 2,000 contacts you have to start paying, I pay US $35 a month. Frankly, I like this thing WAY better than the old Interspire email marketer and it's incorporated into X-Cart. I did a Cyber Monday sale and got 122 orders in one day.

Note that it mostly works well with XC 5.3.2 but there are a few bugs remaining, supposedly to be ironed out here shortly in a new update of Mailchimp module.

ambal 12-08-2016 12:55 AM

We use Mailchimp for our marketing, newsletters and everything since 2008 I believe. Have nothing bad to say about them. Also, we use their Mandrill service for helpdesk and transactional emails to see who received/opened/clicked our messages sent by HelpDesk. I love it.

bigredseo 12-08-2016 09:37 AM

We've used both Constant Contact and MailChimp. Our preference is MailChimp. Getting access to the open/received list is critical in marketing too.

Over the years I've used many different systems, but MailChimp is our preferred system.

eric_smith 01-07-2017 07:51 PM

We have used both MailChimp and Emma. MailChimp is the better one. AWeber is another good solution. Nice and easy interface. But among them I prefer MailChimp most. The integration with other apps like WordPress, salesforce, shopify, facebook is very good.

tyaraghi 01-20-2017 03:40 AM

have it and love it...never ever a problem!

mgarg75 01-23-2017 07:12 AM

Can we use mandrill on xcart classic version gold plus 4.7.5 ? any help would be appreciated?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambal
We use Mailchimp for our marketing, newsletters and everything since 2008 I believe. Have nothing bad to say about them. Also, we use their Mandrill service for helpdesk and transactional emails to see who received/opened/clicked our messages sent by HelpDesk. I love it.

ambal 01-24-2017 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgarg75
Can we use mandrill on xcart classic version gold plus 4.7.5 ? any help would be appreciated?

I fear we do not have Mandrill integration for X-Cart 4 at the moment. It can be custom coded though.

chamberinternet 01-24-2017 09:18 AM

Mailchimp - It's the only way to fly :-)

mgarg75 01-24-2017 09:51 AM

Thanks Alex for the prompt reply. It is sad that you are yourself using mandrill and your customers have to go through coding in order to get the integration done. When can we expect mandrill integration in classic 4.7?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambal
I fear we do not have Mandrill integration for X-Cart 4 at the moment. It can be custom coded though.