X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   XC SEO v1.1.0 Released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=25297)

spence 09-12-2007 05:16 PM

Re: XC SEO v1.1.0 Released

I had the same issue with the:

SQL PATCH FAILED AT QUERY:
INSERT INTO xcart_config (name,comment,value,category,orderby,type,defvalue ) VALUES ('xcseo_keyword_injection','Specify a keyword to inject into rewritten urls','','XC_SEO',10,'text','')

I did the remove and then reapplied the patches worked perfect. You may want to change the docs to reflect this order.

Intel nice script!! I wouldn't mind helping with the SVN updates. I will be making some mods to handle the URL's a little differently when I get the rest of the cart finished.

spence 09-12-2007 05:55 PM

One more note. The .htaccess file is not included in the download. I only saw the secure.htaccess.

Works great!! Thanks for a nice script.....

lcg 09-15-2007 03:55 PM

Re: [MODULE] XC SEO v1.2.0 Released

Quote:

Originally Posted by intel352
The XC SEO team is proud to announce the release of XC SEO version 1.2.0.
XC SEO is completely free, and licensed under the GNU GPL 2 license.

Hello Intel,

Has there been an official release for 4.0x with all the updates mentioned in the forum?

We never install encoded scripts in the store and this sounds like an awesome solution to friendly URL's, we can buy or donate if necessary.

Hope to hear from you and great work guys!

intel352 09-17-2007 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence
Intel nice script!! I wouldn't mind helping with the SVN updates. I will be making some mods to handle the URL's a little differently when I get the rest of the cart finished.

glad you like it. if you're interested in helping on the project, email me at intel352 [AT] gmail [DOT] com, using your gmail acct. I'll add you to the SVN members :-)

BTW, spence, the .htaccess is included in the archive file, but it might not show up if you have Windows XP and if it is set to hide "known file extensions". If you have set up a program as default editor for your .htaccess files, then XP will recognize .htaccess files, and will then hide .htaccess since it doesn't have any preceding filename

intel352 09-17-2007 07:55 AM

Re: [MODULE] XC SEO v1.2.0 Released

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcg
Hello Intel,

Has there been an official release for 4.0x with all the updates mentioned in the forum?

We never install encoded scripts in the store and this sounds like an awesome solution to friendly URL's, we can buy or donate if necessary.

Hope to hear from you and great work guys!

@lcg, there's not a current 4.0.x release, I'll see what I can do. Really, it just a difference in the installation process (files that need to be modified), as the module worked fine in the past on 4.0.x, and there shouldn't be any major differences since it was tested on 4.0.x

please PM me to make me accountable for this, as I have a number of projects going on + work, so I may forget :-)

spence 09-17-2007 08:06 AM

I will send you an email in the next couple of days. Very busy today. Thanks again for a nice script.

mssmit 09-17-2007 11:02 PM

Dear Intel

I have a problem with XCSEO. The problem is that the html page cannot be found.

All patches/mods are applied. After investigating this issue for days I desperately copied the appr. files from another shop where XCSEO is working properly but still no luck; .htacces is also modificated correctly.

Any idea what might be wrong?

mitash 09-30-2007 07:03 PM

is this compatible with X-cart Pro?

intel352 10-01-2007 10:04 PM

@mssmit, check your PMs, i messaged you about this issue last week or so, haven't heard back

@mitash, I've not had access to X-Cart Pro to test. it's possible you could install a test copy of X-Cart Pro along with XC SEO to test :-)

byronm 10-08-2007 07:23 AM

Running 4.1.8 on Apache 2.2 with PHP 5.24 and I can't get this to work. Mod is installed, re-write rules are in .htaccess.

Mod installed fine, no errors - all green OK's, it is currently enabled as well. Anything i should look at? re-write is definately enabled, use it for other sites!

intel352 10-08-2007 07:09 PM

have you made sure all modifications were made to the code? in addition to the installer, you have to make several manual modifications to the code.

if you'd like, PM the server details and I'll check into it for you

derrick 10-20-2007 04:42 PM

I'm experiencing a strange problem.
I installed XCSEO1.2.0 on my test server and everything works fine (MySQL 5, PHP5, Apache2, Linux). I have also installed on another test site of mine running MySQL4, PHP4 where it also works fine.

When I installed on the customers site (MySQL4, PHP4) and enable in the admin module section, it creates all of the links correctly, but the browser eventually gives up with an unable to resolve error message. I assumed that it was probably an .htaccess/mod rewrite issue, but this is where it gets pretty strange. If I disable the XCSEO module, and manually type in the equivalent of one of the NEW URLs, it resolves perfectly. If I re-enable the module and type the exact same URL into the browser, I get the unable to resolve error message?

To ensure that I created all of the files, etc correctly, I copied the entire xcart directory from the customer to my test site and it works fine on my test site (along with the exact same .htaccess files). So, I am confident I don't have any XCSEO install issues.

Does this sound like a hosted mod rewrite issue (maybe an old version of apache?) or something else?

intel352 10-21-2007 05:26 PM

if you'd like, contact me with access info for the site in question. i'll take a look.

btw, if you have access to the apache logs for that site, the problem can probably be tracked through the logs. usually CPanel has that info.

derrick 10-21-2007 06:32 PM

I just sent you a PM.
The clients hosting provider has their own homegrown control panel (not cpanel). I'll see what I can find regarding web logs.
Don't spend a lot of time on it, as the whole site will be moving to a dedicated server prior to launching it. It is loaded with almost 17,000 products that they are updating daily.

-Derrick

intel352 10-23-2007 05:12 PM

just so other XC SEO users are aware, the issue derrick reported was due to a server software problem. the development server was not properly filling the PHP $_SERVER variable, which caused breakage in XC SEO. This is not common.

derrick 10-23-2007 06:07 PM

Jon,

Sorry, I did not get back here to post the final resolution.

As Jon said, the issue ended up being purely an issue with the one-off shared hosting provider the client is using. The client was staging on this hosting company server and is about to go live on a different dedicated server.

Today I finished the testing of their production server and XC SEO v1.2.0 works perfectly. This customer has a database of over 16,000 products and have excellent performance and now SE friendly URLs!

Thanks for some great work Jon!

-Derrick

btw - Jon really went above and beyond to verify, beyond a doubt, that it really was a server issue. Very professional.

a1deano 10-28-2007 12:29 PM

Hi could anyone advise me on this i have the DSEFU mod installed would i benefit by installing this XC SEO.

Many thanks Dean

economedical 10-28-2007 01:15 PM

These would not work together, the mods actually work by essentially changing a .php to a .html so two would not function properly, its one or the other, you cant change twice so to speak.

intel352 10-28-2007 02:41 PM

DSEFU essentially performs the same functionality as XC SEO.

DSEFU is a commercial non-free closed source mod for X-Cart, XC SEO is a completely free open source mod for X-Cart

they both redirect users from php URLs to HTML urls, replacing the static HTML catalog functionality of X-Cart.

when XC SEO it had a more complete feature-list than DSEFU, but since then, DSEFU has caught up, so both mods are very similar, only difference is Cost (DSEFU of course comes with support, since they charge you for the mod, which always is a good thing to have).

If you want an SEO mod that would be a "step up", I would have to recommend CDSEO (websitecm.com), as it allows you to fully customize your category and product urls.

Cheers

-Jon Langevin

lovetree 11-01-2007 06:26 AM

I need to modify XC SEO to parse/filter additional strings in url, particularly an another $_GET string. i.e. "cat=4&retailcat=5"

Has anyone done this?

intel352 11-01-2007 06:31 AM

What is the goal? To remove that string, or to add it to the rewritten url? Or something else entirely?

But anyways, it's possible, mainly just depends on what you need it to do. The code is all open source, and there's only a couple of files that you would need to modify.

lovetree 11-01-2007 06:35 AM

Exactly a person I need help from!! Wow.

I pull additional products with "retailcatid=XX" string in addition to "cat=XX".

i.e. c-XXXX-r-XXXX.html something like that for cat=XXX&retailcat=XXXX

Thanks

intel352 11-01-2007 07:08 AM

k, you'll need to decide how in-depth you want your modification to go, i.e. - do you want to be able to pass retailcat on every category page? (page 2, page 3, etc, sorted ascending, descending, etc)

if so, you'll need to modify your .htaccess, where the category section starts:
# Rewrite SEO category URL's << (categories start at this line)

Then the rest of your changes would take place in the following files:
modules/XC_SEO/outputfilter.seo.php
modules/XC_SEO/seo.php

You're changes will have to effect pretty much anywhere you see "cat" mentioned, should be minor changes all over. Additionally, you shouldn't need to create any new functions, just inserting your retailcat information anywhere you find "cat" referenced.

If you're able to complete the mod successfully, you should document your changes to make it easy for someone else that needs to pass in a custom variable :-)

BTW, it also should be possible to skip all this, and just allow your retailcat variable to be appended to the end of the normal static category url.

lovetree 11-01-2007 08:22 AM

Thanks for a guide. Just did a mod/patch and it is working:

If I missed something, please send a comment.

GOAL:
modify XC_SEO to work with a custom variable called "retailcatid".
( i.e., "c-XXXX-r-XXXX.html" something like that for "cat=XXX&retailcat=XXXX")

BACKGROUND:
I pull additional products with this variable. i.e. "cat=XXX&retailcat=XXX"

MODS:

1. .htaccess : ADDED
Code:

RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-c-([0-9]+)-r-([0-9]+)\.html$                                                                                                                        $1home.php?cat=$2&retailcat=$3                                                                                                        [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-c-([0-9]+)-r-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$                                                                                                $1home.php?cat=$2&retailcat=$3&page=$4                                                                                        [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-c-([0-9]+)-r-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$                        $1home.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=0&cat=$3&retailcat=$4&page=$5                                        [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-c-([0-9]+)-r-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$                        $1home.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=1&cat=$3&retailcat=$4&page=$5                                        [QSA,L]

2. modules/XC_SEO/outputfilter.seo.php

ADDED to class variable declaration
Code:

var $_ret_prefix;
ADDED to function seo_filter()
Code:

$this->_ret_prefix  = $this->_name_delim.'r'.$this->_name_delim;

ADDED to function _category_filename
Code:

if ($options['retailcat'])
                        $options['result_title'] .= $this->_ret_prefix.$options['retailcat'];

intel352 11-01-2007 08:43 AM

looks good enough to me, although I believe your htaccess rules may be lacking, but if you don't notice any issues, excellent :-)

thanks for posting your changes back, as well, i'm sure it'll be handy to other aspiring modders

dtfootwear1 11-06-2007 06:55 AM

I'm Running 4.1.8 gold on Apache 2.0.52 with PHP 4.39 and I can't get this to work. Mod is installed, re-write rules are in .htaccess but I don't know if they are correct...

Mod installed fine, no errors - When I move over the link it now points to a html page (instead of ...=cat1) which is great but the link does not work correctly as it say "page cannot be displayed"

I have put back the original auth.php file which turns off XC SEO and fixes the broken link on the live site... I don't have a dev site to test this on unfortunately!

Is there anything I should look at?

intel352 11-06-2007 07:22 AM

to disable XC SEO, you can leave all changes intact, just go into X-Cart Admin and disable the module there.

if the url is showing as an html url, but the page cannot be found, that suggests it's a problem with your .htaccess file

dtfootwear1 11-06-2007 07:45 AM

Hi intel352,

Thanks for quick response... Yes you are quite right... I didn't think about turning it off from the X-cart amin console.

...and as I thought the .htaccess file is not setup correctly!!

If I PM you with my details would you be able to look at my .htaccess file and tell me where you think I might be going wrong?

Regards

RM.

intel352 11-06-2007 04:15 PM

sure, you can PM me or email me (email is in the signature), I'll take a look at it for you (or you can send me the contents of your file and I'll correct it, and send back)

Cheers

Qdox 11-07-2007 05:54 AM

Would appreciate an answer from anyone about this. Having the same issue.
Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkins
I found this is causing the problem:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule .* - [E=REMOTE_USER:%{HTTP:Authorization},L]

but I added this line in my .htaccess to get Google Checkout to work . Does this mean I have to choose between Google checkout and XC SEO?

intel352 11-07-2007 06:27 AM

Qdox, which page (or post id) was that original post by Pumpkin? I must have missed that part of the thread

tbv1260 11-07-2007 06:55 AM

Will XC SEO create a google sitemap?

chamberinternet 11-07-2007 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbv1260
Will XC SEO create a google sitemap?

No, you can create a sitemap online via this site:
http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/

or use something like GSiteCrawler:
http://gsitecrawler.com/

Regards

Shafiq :sK

Qdox 11-07-2007 01:35 PM

Well the issue is that according to Xcart Manual,Page 385 you need you add the statement below to htaccess if running in php/cgi:

To ensure that
Google Checkout can work correctly with PHP running in CGI mod_rewrite is installed and .htaccess contains the following lines:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule .* - [E=REMOTE_USER:%{HTTP:Authorization},L]
</IfModule>

If the above is added then xcseo does not work properly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by intel352
Qdox, which page (or post id) was that original post by Pumpkin? I must have missed that part of the thread

intel352 11-07-2007 01:58 PM

thanks for the clarification, i've not heard of that before. i'll look into this

tbv1260 11-08-2007 07:11 PM

Those do not seem to work with x-cart. You get thousands of pages like homo.php?59 blah blah blah.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chamberinternet
No, you can create a sitemap online via this site:
http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/

or use something like GSiteCrawler:
http://gsitecrawler.com/

Regards

Shafiq :sK

intel352 11-08-2007 07:25 PM

It works for other users, but if it's trouble for you, I believe WebsiteCM will be offering a google sitemap generator specifically for X-Cart soon.

Cheers

a1deano 11-11-2007 11:18 AM

Thanks for all the advice guys...

intel352 11-11-2007 12:25 PM

a1deano, since this is such a huge thread, if there's anything that someone didn't respond to, let us know. i hope to have a proper support forum setup for XC SEO before too long.

jcgoldy 11-12-2007 09:22 AM

Jon,

I don't know if my PMs are getting to you, but I was wondering if you could still install this for me?