X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Excluding coupns (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=65013)

Dougrun 10-22-2012 03:43 PM

Re: Excluding coupns

fyi, upgrading from gold to gold plus does not effect this mod. even though the "on sale" module places a checkbox on the bottom of the product page, it didnt touch my "apply coupons" checkbox and it still works on the checkout page.

MAPerformance 12-20-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by totaltec
Well I think it will require custom code, I haven't seen a module that allows you to exclude products from coupons.

I did this recently, here is my changelog:
Edit /include/func.cart.php
Edit /include/product_modify.php
ALTER TABLE `xcart_products` ADD `coupons_avail` CHAR( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'Y' AFTER `discount_avail`
Edit /common_files/main/product_details.tpl

/include/product_modify.php look for:
'discount_avail' => $discount_avail,
After it add:
'coupons_avail' => $coupons_avail,

I am attaching my changed func.cart.php just search it for the word coupons, I believe everything is commented.

/common_files/main/product_details.tpl look for:
PHP Code:

<tr>
  {if 
$geid ne ''}<td width="15" class="TableSubHead"><input type="checkbox" value="Y" name="fields[discount_avail]" /></td>{/if}
  <
td class="FormButton" nowrap="nowrap">{$lng.lbl_apply_global_discounts}:</td>
  <
td class="ProductDetails">
  <
input type="checkbox" name="discount_avail" value="Y"{if $product.productid eq "" or $product.discount_avail eq "Y"checked="checked"{/if} />
  </
td>
</
tr

After it add:
PHP Code:

<tr>
  {if 
$geid ne ''}<td width="15" class="TableSubHead"><input type="checkbox" value="Y" name="fields[coupons_avail]" /></td>{/if}
  <
td class="FormButton" nowrap="nowrap">{$lng.lbl_apply_coupons}:</td>
  <
td class="ProductDetails">
  <
input type="checkbox" name="coupons_avail" value="Y"{if $product.productid eq "" or $product.coupons_avail eq "Y"checked="checked"{/if} />
  </
td>
</
tr

This should give you a checkbox on the product page and the ability to enable/disable coupons for that product. Don;t forget to run the SQL patch from my changeolg above. Be sure you are doing all of this on a dev site rather than your live store.

I can verify this works like a charm on my 4.4.3 Gold site. I searched Mike's func.cart.php file for "coupons_avail" to find the additional code and added into my file (located at include/func/func.cart.php, not include/func.cart.php as noted). You also need to add a language variable for "lbl_apply_coupons".

Dougrun 12-20-2012 03:05 PM

just to confirm, this also works on AlteredCarts Onepage Checkout module which I switched to yesterday.

carpeperdiem 08-02-2013 06:14 AM

I can verify that between Mike's post #2 and Doug's post #5 and #6 - works in 4.5.4.
This is a brilliant patch!

Especially useful if you make gift certificates a PRODUCT -- and you must exclude coupon codes from GC purchases.

Thanks guys!
J

PS - don't forget to run cleanup.php and/or purge your caches.

Dougrun 08-09-2013 02:42 PM

still works in 4.6 too.

Dougrun 12-20-2013 08:44 AM

I noticed that I can no longer change the coupon checkbox on the product page with this mod in 4.6.1. I have to manually go in the table and change it. It does stick, it just doesnt take the product pages changes. Any idea where I should look?

The other checkboxes work when i change them, just not this one since the upgrade..

mcanitano 07-30-2014 07:08 AM

Amazing work! Thanks guys. I can confirm it works on v4.5.5. This is great, as we have a category for clearance items, and people have been "double dipping" by applying coupon codes to clearance items. Not anymore :)

Dougrun 07-31-2014 01:13 PM

also works in 4.6.4

Dougrun 09-04-2015 12:04 PM

upgraded to 4.7.2 and this no longer works, I cannot get the func.cart.php file working. It makes the entire store go blank.

mcanitano 09-04-2015 12:56 PM

Doug, not sure (we don't use 4.7.x) but it may be due to 4.7 using Smarty3? Check into that and see what you can find out