X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Changing design (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   A couple of quick questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=424)

japanchick 10-25-2002 07:56 PM

A couple of quick questions

Hi Guys - I cant believe it ...X-Cart is soo fun...Ive spent the past week modifying the cart and I cant wait to show u guys..

I have a couple of questions that I cant figure out - if anyone can help me out that'd be great!

1) In the Contact Us, how do I remove fields that I dont want? (Actually, I only want to leave in First & Last Name, Subject, Message, and Email)

2) When I register, I get an email that ends with the phonenumer 555 555 5555 and X-cart.com - how do I change the last part of the email?

3) Lastly, I ve looked everywhere but I cannot find the templet that allows me to change the color of the Checkout font - i.e the font that is used to describe what you have in the cart, and the actual dollar amount...For example:

Shipping: $35.00

I would like the Shipping to be in black, but the $35.00 to be in white...is this at all possible?

Thanks so much guys!

Cheers

syddos 10-25-2002 08:24 PM

Hi Japanchick,

Quote:

1) In the Contact Us, how do I remove fields that I dont want? (Actually, I only want to leave in First & Last Name, Subject, Message, and Email)

The "contact us" file is /help/contactus.tpl

Quote:

2) When I register, I get an email that ends with the phonenumer 555 555 5555 and X-cart.com - how do I change the last part of the email?

The Signature file is /mail/signature.tpl replace your current details with your own.

Quote:

3) Lastly, I ve looked everywhere but I cannot find the templet that allows me to change the color of the Checkout font - i.e the font that is used to describe what you have in the cart, and the actual dollar amount...For example

Colours, Fonts, Font size etc are in the skin1/skin1.css file

Regards,

seaCOAST 10-25-2002 08:25 PM

Re: A couple of quick questions

Quote:

Originally Posted by japanchick

Hi japanchick,

Edit template /mail/signature.tpl

it's in there. :)

shan 10-26-2002 07:38 AM

If you want to remove any of the fields in those templates you can just set them to hidden

seaCOAST 10-26-2002 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shan
If you want to remove any of the fields in those templates you can just set them to hidden

shan,

Will the cart still check for the "required" hidden fields and kick the user back to the incomplete form?

shan 10-26-2002 08:04 AM

I dont think it will, give it a try on one field

Parrot 10-26-2002 09:48 PM

I deleted the SSN line and it works fine.

Thought it was a bit too much to ask people and I have no use for such personal data. So, off it went.