X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   X-Payments issues & questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   multiple order numbers consumed by x-cart/x-payments (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=68563)

lokesh 01-29-2014 04:44 AM

multiple order numbers consumed by x-cart/x-payments

HI
we are running x-cart 4.6.1 goldplus and using x-payments (not our hosted) , problem is there is no continuity in our order number each order takes like 3-8 numbers, for ex our order # for last few days

anyone facing similar issue ?

Thanks,

carpeperdiem 01-29-2014 05:39 AM

Re: multiple order numbers consumed by x-cart/x-payments

Yes, this is (my opinion) a defect in the design of X-Cart. This issue may have been patched in x-payments 2.0.1 (x-cart 4.6.2?) - but I am still using 1.0.6 so I can't test if it's been "fixed".

The fundamental defect is that X-Cart "processes" an order before submitting to payment gateway - so this will be a problem with or without X-Payments.

I solved this by using a 3rd party checkout (CheckoutOne) and the X-Payments connector from AlteredCart:

http://www.alteredcart.com/product.php?productid=8
and
http://www.alteredcart.com/product.php?productid=21

With the AlteredCart checkout and tools, an order is not "processed" in xcart until payment is processed. I only see one order number per transaction.

The benefit of this is that CheckoutOne is a superb customer UX and solves the biggest UX defect (my opinion) in X-Cart -- which is the checkout.

I hope my tone does not come across as bashing X-Cart -- I'm not. I have accepted that X-Cart does some things really well, and some things not -- so I spent $200 and solved the problem.

In addition to the x-payments connector, CheckoutOne also has a suite of tools that are a must have... for cart abandonment and deciphering cart errors. I am fully invested in AlteredCart Checkout and couldn't be happier. Good luck.

ambal 01-29-2014 06:33 AM

Unfortunately, this is a feature of X-Cart v4 design and we have this issue solved in X-Cart 5 Connector for X-Payments.

We are going to update X-Payments connector in X-Cart 4.6.3 to implement X-Cart 5 way of interacting with X-Payments.

dpcompany 05-08-2014 12:27 PM

@ Ambal,

Was the X-Payments connector updated in 4.6.3? I did not see mention of it anywhere in the changelog.

ambal 05-09-2014 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpcompany
Was the X-Payments connector updated in 4.6.3? I did not see mention of it anywhere in the changelog.

Yes, it was updated comparing to 4.6.0 and 4.6.1.

Mish 08-06-2014 01:06 AM

I'm getting multiple orders appearing in the backend data with 4.6.3 . When I synchronise via OneSaaS I get multiple invoice because there are a number of "Failed" orders [as described above] in the database.
Was this fixed to work with 1.0.6 payment gateway?

I guess, in short I'm asking you, Alex Mulin, as the Project Manager for X-Payments when you have scheduled to fix this bug for people holding 1.x licences. If you don't have this scheduled please let us know.

[BTW - Alex - please don't refer to it as a 'feature'.]

ambal 08-06-2014 02:20 AM

Mish, please follow this thread.

Mish 08-06-2014 04:22 AM

Hi,do I need to upgrade to X-Payments 2 ( "IMPORTANT NOTE: in order to enable all the usability improvements you need to
1) upgrade your X-Payments to 2.1.1 (users of X-Payments Hosted accounts just need to post us a request to make such upgrade for them for free)"

?

ambal 08-06-2014 05:56 AM

Updated connector modules will work with older X-Payments versions, but in order to get full effect of the changes you should upgrade to X-Payments 2.1.1 as part of the changes were done in X-Payments core.

Users of hosted X-Payments accounts can get such upgrade free of charge by sending us a request for such upgrade via HelpDesk.

Mish 08-06-2014 03:33 PM

Sorry, if I update my connector (using 1.0.6 as I don't want to pay for 2) will the multiple order issue be resolved?

ambal 08-11-2014 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mish
Sorry, if I update my connector (using 1.0.6 as I don't want to pay for 2) will the multiple order issue be resolved?

Re: X-Payments Started orders

In order to eliminate them X-Payments 2.1.1 is needed as it supports certain sync API calls used by updated X-Cart 4.x connector to avoid creating such orders.

Mish 08-12-2014 12:55 AM

Right, so you haven't fixed the bug (unless you'll upgrade me to 2.1.1 for free)

When are you scheduled to fix this significant bug?

ambal 08-13-2014 01:12 AM

"X-Payments Started" order entries is not a bug. That version of X-Payments connector was developed that way due to architecture of X-Cart 4. Unfortunately, at that time we've never heard of OneSaaS and had no idea such implementation could lead to the troubles you explained here.

If you are not going to update your X-Payments version and X-Payments connector module for X-Cart I suggest to contact developers of OneSaaS integration regarding updating their integration module for X-Cart to take in account X-Payments Started order entries.

The new X-Cart connector module needs new sync API calls that we added in X-Payments 2.1.1. Unfortunately, they are not available in your version of X-Payments (1.0.6).

Development of your X-Payments version has been stopped due to end of PA-DSS v1 life cycle almost a year ago. X-Payments 2.x is PA-DSS 2.x certified and new changes go into new X-Payments versions (due to PA-DSS). Unfortunately, we can't provide you with a free X-Payments license upgrade for your free X-Payments license we gifted you in 2010.

One more solution here - you can use one of alternative X-Cart checkout routines developed by 3rd party X-Cart module developers. See http://marketplace.x-cart.com/addons-modules/ E.g. one page checkout made by AlteredCart. I heard it eliminates this issue for old X-Payments versions.

Mish 09-25-2014 11:11 PM

Ridiculous. You refuse to fix an obvious bug. If you declared upfront this bug I'd have never paid you to install X-Payments.

I did contact the award winning accounting software connector. They advised today that they have ceased supporting X-Cart because of this very issue. They have updated their website to remove X-cart as a supported product

Oh - and it isn't "order started" it's order failed, failed, failed, process. Who was the bright spark who you reckon considered that an "architectural approach"?

Mish 10-03-2014 01:29 AM

Ambal:

I note that in another threat you said:

Quote:

"X-Payments Started" order entries is not a bug. That version of X-Payments connector was developed that way due to architecture of X-Cart 4.

I do agree it was not right for your integration with OneSaaS as well as for many other merchants. That's why we released all the X-Cart updates we are talking about here and provided them free of charge.

The updated connector modules are provided free of charge along with installation instructions inside the packages. If you want our techs to do the installation for you - yes, you need to buy an appropriate service. But you do not have to buy that service. The module is available for downloading in your File Area and you can install it yourself, too.

Perhaps I have misunderstood to date. If that is the case, I apologise.

Where can I download the updates for free to fix this problem? You stated in that post (to me) that they were available free of charge, agree?

ambal 10-03-2014 02:45 AM

We announced the new connector modules for X-Cart 4.x and X-Payments at http://blog.x-cart.com/x-cart-4.x-connectors-for-xpayments-updated.html

There you can find download link.

shwekhaw 10-06-2014 09:43 AM

We are moving our store to 4.0.6 to 4.5.5. I am thinking of using X-Payment monthly subscription. I want to make sure all this multiple order number (or skipped order number) issues have been resolved for 4.5.5 version. How do I know I know latest connector? If I order set up setvice for X-Payment (I think $95 or something), will they install latest connector and everything. I think we need X-Payments 2.1.1, correct? Do I ask for it when I sign up?

ambal 10-06-2014 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shwekhaw
We are moving our store to 4.0.6 to 4.5.5. I am thinking of using X-Payment monthly subscription. I want to make sure all this multiple order number (or skipped order number) issues have been resolved for 4.5.5 version. How do I know I know latest connector? If I order set up setvice for X-Payment (I think $95 or something), will they install latest connector and everything. I think we need X-Payments 2.1.1, correct? Do I ask for it when I sign up?

Just request a free 14 days trial account of X-Payments Basic at http://www.x-cart.com/x-payments-trial-demo.html, install the new connector module for your X-Cart version and check yourself how it works after all.

Our sales reps will help to get your X-Cart 4.5.5 and X-Payments connected.

And yes, that will be X-Payments 2.1.1 based account.
Also, users of X-Payments Hosted accounts can upgrade to any new X-Payments versions any time free of charge by posting us a ticket. Upgrade will be done for free.