X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   X-Cart Smart Template v4.4.x (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=55088)

PhilJ 08-16-2010 07:00 AM

X-Cart Smart Template v4.4.x

SORRY, THIS TEMPLATE IS NO LONGER FOR SALE OR SUPPORTED FROM MAY 1st 2013

Try the REBOOT TEMPLATE

Hi, we'd like to announce a new template for v4.4.x and v4.5.1+
  • Cleanly coded, SEO enhanced layouts, nicely organised, easier to customise
  • Choice of store layout - 3 column, 2 column with left menu or 2 column with right menu
  • Content ordering and tables removed where possible - better for SEO performance
  • 17 colourful themes + 3 layouts + fixed/fluid = 102 colour/design combinations
  • Dynamic theme switcher with persistence
  • Dynamic fixed and fluid width switcher with persistence
  • Dynamic columns and rows product layout switcher with persistence
  • Three types of featured products layout, standard, pager or animated carousel
  • Optional new products on homepage
  • Optional random products on homepage
  • 4 Level dynamic horizontal dropdown category menu
  • 4 Level dynamic vertical flyout category menu NEW
  • Dynamic AJAX product search box
  • Optional Cufon fonts for H1/H2/H3 elements, 72 fonts to choose from!
  • Three types of menu/dialog boxes to choose from, CSS rounded, CSS3 rounded or basic square
  • Optional 'lazy loader' for images
  • Choice of homepage animated image sliders - Nivo Slider, Coin Slider or Featured Box NEW
  • Optional countdown to an event
  • Optional dynamic news ticker
  • Alternative, easier to customise product tabs with persistence
  • Product descriptions can be moved to the first product tab NEW
  • Cross-browser compatible - IE 6*/7/8/9, Firefox, Opera, Chrome & Safari (apparently good on IPad & IPhone also)
  • * Optional redirect / warning for IE6 users
  • Comprehensive installation guide
  • Sliced Fireworks PNG files included
  • Not your average X-Cart template!
  • No additional charge for X-Cart Pro stores
  • FREE updates within the v4.4.x branch
  • X-Cart v4.4.4+ and v.4.5.1+ compatible

yages 08-16-2010 01:10 PM

Re: X-Cart Smart Template v4.4.x

New products category in the left side column would be great, new products automatically added and expire after 30 days

jondoe 08-18-2010 09:24 AM

I've got a problem with matching the theme colors with logo in the v4.3 version. As I've just read your coming-soon list, I hope the latest version solved the problem and more easier to customize my own template colors and graphics. Thank you. You did a really great job.

jondoe 08-21-2010 09:14 AM

I see the new demo template. I see an image icon next to each category link. Is it customized through the admin?

One more major problem in the previous version is the panels (or e.g. Bestseller, News...) are fixed. Bestsellers panel was put on the top middle in the previous version. I hope you may allow me to put any where I like in the next version.

candc 10-06-2010 01:25 AM

Any updates on this one Phil?

Also on the 4.3 smart template to 4.4.1

thanks

PhilJ 10-06-2010 01:38 AM

Hi, the update should be available within a 1-2 weeks, allowing for thorough browser compatibility testing.

It'll have a few more features than the above description and more colour schemes :)

Also, purchasers of the template will be able to get a discount on Smart Comments.

PhilJ 10-17-2010 03:32 PM

The Smart template is going to available early this coming week.

Price will be $129 or $29 for people who purchased previously.

Screenshots updated above :)

jondoe 10-17-2010 07:47 PM

thank you for the update PhilJ

PhilJ 10-19-2010 03:34 PM

Demo link added to first post above :)

candc 10-20-2010 12:08 AM

Excellent news Phil, having an error on the demo link though.

PhilJ 10-20-2010 01:07 AM

candc, can you please PM me with the error you are getting and the browser used. Thanks.

PhilJ 10-20-2010 08:02 AM

Now available to purchase :)
http://www.xcartmods.co.uk/x-cart-smart-template-v4.4.x.html

jimcon 10-20-2010 11:44 AM

Phil
How do I buy the upgrade from version 4.3.0
X-Cart Smart Template v4.3.x
Options:
Licence:
Single Domain License
Store URL:
www.neshooters.com
Installation:
No
Customisation:
No

yages 10-20-2010 12:24 PM

How do previous customers purchase this new template

wendy.email 10-21-2010 06:48 AM

wow best I've seen so far for v4.4.x
brilliant!

PhilJ 10-21-2010 10:00 AM

Thanks Wendy!

Yages/Jimcom, there will be an option to purchase the upgrade shortly.

PhilJ 10-21-2010 12:00 PM

Previous purchasers can now upgrade. Just select the 'Upgrade from v4.3.x' option.

v4.4.1 users, ensure you have patched your cart with this bugfix...
https://bugtracker.qtmsoft.com/view.php?id=38576
- DIFF_53986.patch
- function.load_defer.php_1.18.2.4-1.18.2.6.diff

It fixes the JS/CSS speedup tool (in General Settings), which when enabled will speed up your store.

PhilJ 10-23-2010 11:31 AM

Special Offer - Add Smart Comments to your Smart Template purchase and save $20 off the regular price! You can see a demo here.

PhilJ 10-23-2010 02:15 PM

We are aware of an issue with clean urls and the smart tabs - we're working on a fix. If using clean urls, in the meantime disable smart tabs.

PhilJ 10-25-2010 01:55 PM

Smart Tabs are now fixed to work with clean URLs and improved. Updated files will be sent out.

PhilJ 10-26-2010 12:19 PM

Our Latest News and Products RSS Feed Generator is now bundled FREE with the Smart Template.

Previous purchasers can get it by PM'ing me your store URL.

srd529 10-27-2010 09:37 AM

Great looking template. Do you have a demo link or sample site of the 2 column left menu layout. I am likely to purchase the template but would like to have a visual perspective of the 2 column look.

srd529 10-27-2010 09:39 AM

BTW - I am currently in the process of upgrading x-cart to v4.4. Thanks

PhilJ 10-27-2010 09:47 AM

Hi srd529, sure, here's a screenshot.

srd529 10-27-2010 09:59 AM

Thanks very much. The screenshot was very helpful.
Does this template allow for the product categories to be listed in the left column, instead of horizontal as shown in the screenshot? I have too many categories for a horizontal layout and I do not have sub-categories.
Thanks again.

PhilJ 10-27-2010 10:20 AM

Yes, in the settings you can disable the horizontal category menu and the standard vertical category menu/flyouts etc. are restored.

yages 10-27-2010 12:13 PM

A few problems with Smart Template 4.4
Product Map images are to large ( not thumbnail)
Featured products not centered, defaulting to the left
Disabled horizontal menu, a default horizontal menu now shows, how do you get rid of it, tried deleting it from the template and search button moved to the left of site

PhilJ 10-28-2010 04:07 AM

Yages, please check the demo, no such problems exist with the demo data.

To disable the menu in custom/header.tpl - comment out...

{include file="custom/horiz_custom.tpl"}

yages 10-28-2010 12:24 PM

Thumbnail images not defaulting to product settings width Must be a bug in 4.4.1
How do you change the New products to show on a separate page with a link in the category column

yages 10-28-2010 02:23 PM

Is it possible to have the log image included in the header template so when you change template themes the new theme will show (my logo) not the smart template logo

PhilJ 10-29-2010 04:06 AM

Quote:

How do you change the New products to show on a separate page with a link in the category column
Exclusively for Smart Template purchasers, you can use this modification
Quote:

Is it possible to have the logo image included in the header template so when you change template themes the new theme will show (my logo) not the smart template logo
Yes, simply add your logo to each theme directory.
Or, recode each theme stylesheet logo CSS to point to one central theme directory.

candc 11-03-2010 01:33 AM

We finally took the plunge going from 4.2.1 to 4.4.1, and used this template.

Few small bugs to begin with, all sorted realtime by Phil who has been superb in every way, and incorporated into the new files:D

Really pleased with the results, this is a great looking template, breeze to install, really flexible, you can mix & match templates to play with the colours, change product layouts etc to change the look easily, and some nifty features.

Definately worth a look.

jondoe 11-04-2010 12:29 AM

Hi, I upgrade and install the Smart Template on xcart v4.4.1 but found a few problems. Is anyone having these problems:

1) pages in Featured Products generate an errors when I click any item in Featured box. There is an error on top of a page.
2) I've disable horizontal menu but the horizontal panel shows "Menu Item1", "Menu Item2", "Menu Item3",....
3) Login box shows "X-cart Smart Template v4.4.x"

candc 11-04-2010 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jondoe
Hi, I upgrade and install the Smart Template on xcart v4.4.1 but found a few problems. Is anyone having these problems:

1) pages in Featured Products generate an errors when I click any item in Featured box. There is an error on top of a page.
2) I've disable horizontal menu but the horizontal panel shows "Menu Item1", "Menu Item2", "Menu Item3",....

Hi,

1/ We had some similar errors at the top of the page, but cleanup.php seemed to sort them out.

2/ You need to change some code in custom/header.tpl to sort the menu

replace {include file="custom/horiz_custom.tpl"} with  

3/ No problems at all. Do you mean the box name is that? It is the standard page names on a fresh install.

PhilJ 11-04-2010 01:39 AM

Hi Jondoe,
1) We've not seen any such errors, try the demo. Which type of featured products? standard/carousel/pager? Or send me a screenshot by PM.
2) When you disable the horizontal category menu, you get a hard coded manu to use, but you can comment out, or put anything in its place like candc suggests.
3) Just go to General Settings > SEO to change that.

jimcon 11-04-2010 01:58 AM

I am new to X-Cart but hardly new to computer software. I am using version 4.4.1 of X-Cart.
The first two add ons for this version that I bought were Phil's Smart Template and Smart Comment
I had some difficulty installing Smart Template and Phil offered to do the install at no cost. As sook as Smart Template was up and running, I bought Smart Comment. I got an email from Phil, stating that the would do the install.
In all my years of dealing with computer software, I have never seen or expected customer service that equals this.
Phil brings a new meaning to the words "Customer Service"
Phil, if you write it, I will probably buy it.

jondoe 11-04-2010 03:23 AM

thanks for help,candc and Phil. I've fixed 2 and 3. The error won't go. Any recommended item generates an error on top of page,"foreach() in recommends.php on line 164".

Quote:

Originally Posted by jondoe

PhilJ 11-04-2010 03:48 AM

jondoe, you were one of the early purchasers, minor updates have been made since, I'll PM you.

PhilJ 11-04-2010 04:03 AM

jondoe and anyone else, that first error you describe can be fixed by doing the following...

In recommends.php

Before...
Code:

foreach ($recommends as $rid => $prod) {
Insert...
Code:

if (!empty($recommends))

jondoe 11-04-2010 04:52 AM

Thanks, Phil, it's all good now. The news output at news subscription page (www.domain.com/news.php#subscribe) output news with HTML code. Please take a look.