X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Dynamic Images for X-Cart version 4.1.x (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=33191)

TelaFirma 08-10-2007 12:53 PM

Dynamic Images for X-Cart version 4.1.x

Moderators note: TelaFirma has unfortunately stopped responding to e-mails/orders, and until we hear from him as to what happened you may not want to order from his site. Hopefully everything is ok with him and he will be able to start business up again - as his mods are excellent

After a very long wait the Dynamic Image mod for X-Cart version 4.1.x has been completed. We have tried to make this version of the mod a least invasive as possible to your existing X-Cart code base. Some of the features of this mod include:

• Ability to Enable or Disable mod (just like all other built in X-Cart Modules)
  • Works with Product Variant images
  • Properly preserves Alpha transparency for PNG files
  • Set image width on Product Page
  • Set image width on Products Listing Page
  • Set image width in Shopping Cart
  • Set detail Image thumbnail width
  • Set detail Image popup width
  • Select to display Detail Image thumbs below the main product image on the product page:
  • Select to display display Variant Images as Detail Image thumbs below the main product image on the product page
  • Select to display display Main Product Image as first Detail Image thumb below the main product image on the product page
  • Select to display display Main Product Thumbnail as first Detail Image thumb below the main product image on the product page
  • Select to Use the Unsharp Mask when generating new images (not applicable for PNG images)
  • Select Image quality level setting (for JPG images)
  • Select to watermark your images and also specify the font to be used.
  • Specify keyword to precede the cached filename (e.g. keyword-fa494ef54173ca1ea6d85531221037f8.jpg)
  • Compatible with many other third part mod such as Buy Together by alteredCart.com (<- unpaid plug)
  • Lightbox2 integrated for popup images (because it is so &^%@ cool). The images for the popup are generated by this mod

You can purchase it through the same link as before:

http://www.telafirma.com/mod/

*** Please specify your version of X-Cart when checking out ***

Jayk 08-10-2007 01:21 PM

Re: Dynamic Images for X-Cart version 4.1.x

Wow. You're back. I may have to check this out. I used your mod on 4.0.x and was very happy with it. The mod I'm using now on 4.1.x doesn't handle variants.

Jason

balinor 08-10-2007 01:52 PM

Welcome back! Moving this to Third party Add-Ons.

Vacman 08-10-2007 03:44 PM

Eh.. Hey Stephen - Hehe - I guess it would help if I looked here. I just posted your message to me with the link in a couple of other spots. Just sent the payment over a few seconds ago....

Thanks for resurrecting this great mod once again!

balinor 08-10-2007 04:03 PM

I removed them :)

eaglemobiles 08-10-2007 04:34 PM

So we cant use the old one we bought with x-cart updated version 4.1.8

naemsmommy 08-10-2007 04:43 PM

Do you think it would be very difficult to integrate the mod with Thickbox?

TelaFirma 08-10-2007 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayk
Wow. You're back. I may have to check this out. I used your mod on 4.0.x and was very happy with it. The mod I'm using now on 4.1.x doesn't handle variants.

Jason

Yes, I have had a lot going on in the last few years (more than I would like to talk about) but I am back...

TelaFirma 08-10-2007 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eaglemobiles
So we cant use the old one we bought with x-cart updated version 4.1.8

There are just way to many changes in 4.1.x to even try.

TelaFirma 08-10-2007 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naemsmommy
Do you think it would be very difficult to integrate the mod with Thickbox?

It may not be. I have build in the ability to have it create the cached image and then output just the URL to the image, so it should integrate.

naemsmommy 08-10-2007 09:46 PM

OK, I'm trying to install this mod, and there is just one step that I am confused on. The directions say this:

Quote:

Open the file /skin1/customer/main/product.tpl for editing. Comment out the lines
{if $active_modules.Detailed_Product_Images ne "" && $config.Detailed_Product_Images.det_image_popup eq 'Y' && $images ne '' && $js_enabled eq 'Y'}
{include file="modules/Detailed_Product_Images/popup_image.tpl"}
{else}
{include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$product.productid image_x=$product.image_x image_y=$product.image_y product=$product.product tmbn_url=$product.tmbn_url id="product_thumbnail" type="P"}&nbsp;
{/if}

However, I cannot find that section of text in my file. I have found a similar section as follows:

Quote:

{if $active_modules.Detailed_Product_Images ne "" && $config.Detailed_Product_Images.det_image_popup eq 'Y' && $images ne '' && $js_enabled eq 'Y'}
{elseif $product.force_image_type eq 'W' && $product.variantid}
{include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$product.variantid image_x=$product.image_x image_y=$product.image_y product=$product.product tmbn_url=$product.tmbn_url id="product_thumbnail" type="W"}&nbsp;
{else}
{include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$product.productid image_x=$product.image_x image_y=$product.image_y product=$product.product tmbn_url=$product.tmbn_url id="product_thumbnail" type="P"}&nbsp;
{/if}

The section in my file has a bunch of extra stuff about variants, I just don't know what I'm supposed to do with that exactly?

Thanks!

TelaFirma 08-11-2007 02:41 AM

This is one of the things that has changed over the last few releases... sorry missed this one. I have updated my instructions. Thanks for catching this. The section should read now...

Find the code:
Code:

{include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$product.variantid image_x=$product.image_x image_y=$product.image_y product=$product.product tmbn_url=$product.tmbn_url id="product_thumbnail" type="W"}&nbsp;
{else}
{/if}

and replace it with

Code:

{** Dynamic Images - Tela Firma **}
{if $active_modules.Dynamic_Images}
{include file="modules/Dynamic_Images/product_image.tpl}
{else}

{else}
{/if}

{/if}
{** /Dynamic Images - Tela Firma **}

sorry for the confusion.

TelaFirma 08-11-2007 02:49 AM

Also, open the file /skin1/modules/Dynamic_Images/product_thumbnail.tpl and find the line:

Code:

{* Start Block *}{$products[product].tmbn_url}
Remove
Code:

{$products[product].tmbn_url}
This was something left over from testing. Sorry about that.

OpheliaPayne 08-11-2007 04:00 AM

Installed and working wonderfully. Beautiful mod Stephen. Thank you so much for updating it to 4.1!

eaglemobiles 08-11-2007 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TelaFirma
There are just way to many changes in 4.1.x to even try.

If we already have the old so need to buy new or we will get free updated for new version.

Thanks

naemsmommy 08-12-2007 10:23 PM

Is there any way to control the height of the detail image thumbnails instead of the width?

TelaFirma 08-14-2007 05:41 PM

I just wanted to add that I have added a new feature to this mod.
  • Specify keyword to proceed the cached filename (e.g. keyword-fa494ef54173ca1ea6d85531221037f8.jpg)

I am also contemplating distributing this mod with integration for Lightbox2 built in of there is enough interest.

TelaFirma 08-14-2007 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naemsmommy
Is there any way to control the height of the detail image thumbnails instead of the width?

I could do some custom work for you to have it accept height instead of width. However, width was chosen so that the integrity of the width of your site would be intact. If you have more of a need for height, contact me and we can discuss exactly what you need.

naemsmommy 08-14-2007 06:38 PM

Quote:

I could do some custom work for you to have it accept height instead of width. However, width was chosen so that the integrity of the width of your site would be intact. If you have more of a need for height, contact me and we can discuss exactly what you need.

Yes, that makes sense. I think it's ok actually, I'm using the sizing tips that you suggest on your install instructions and it makes the images look much better :)

naemsmommy 08-14-2007 06:39 PM

Quote:

I am also contemplating distributing this mod with integration for Lightbox2 built in of there is enough interest.

I'm definitely interested! :D/

OpheliaPayne 08-14-2007 07:27 PM

I'm interested in the lightbox too Stephen :)

mitash 08-16-2007 04:55 AM

when is the lightbox version going to be available..?

Scott DeToffol 08-16-2007 05:06 AM

Stephen, I'm going to have X-cart upgrade my store to 4.1.X. Do I need to buy this new version or does the license transfer?

TelaFirma 08-16-2007 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitash
when is the lightbox version going to be available..?

The Lightbox version should be available within the next day.

Vacman 08-16-2007 07:25 PM

Quote:

The Lightbox version should be available within the next day.

Oh yeah! Send it my way.... BTW did you get the e-mail I sent you earlier today?

TelaFirma 08-16-2007 08:26 PM

This mod is now being distributed with Lightbox2 integrated as the popup. The images that are shown in the popup are generated by the image mod and the size (width) is controlled by the configuration setting in X-Cart Admin for this mod.

So - for all of you that wanted it, it is here :)

Vacman 08-16-2007 10:22 PM

Quote:

This mod is now being distributed with Lightbox2 integrated as the popup. The images that are shown in the popup are generated by the image mod and the size (width) is controlled by the configuration setting in X-Cart Admin for this mod.

I just e-mailed you... problems...

TelaFirma 08-18-2007 01:23 PM

I have now added the ability to specify the TrueType font file that is used for the watermark. This means that you watermark your images automatically with the font that is used for your logo!

effour 09-09-2007 10:04 PM

will this mod work with variant images?

naemsmommy 09-10-2007 03:53 PM

Hmmm, product images are not showing in the cart. Is this something I need to turn on somewhere? There is a space for the image on each product line in the cart, but it has that no image available image there, so it seems like the cart thumbnail is not being generated, am I missing something?

Thanks!

naemsmommy 09-10-2007 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by effour
will this mod work with variant images?

Yes, it works beautifully, see here:
http://babyplanetboutique.com/xcart/product.php?productid=489&cat=0&bestseller=Y

naemsmommy 09-10-2007 03:58 PM

One other thing I've been curious about. Did anyone else find that their pages took much longer to load once this mod was installed? I have a similar mod on another site and the pages are very fast to load. So I don't know if it's this mod, or something else that is causing my pages to load slow. Does anyone know if there is an online tool to determine why a particular page is loading slowly?

Thanks!

Tye 09-13-2007 05:12 PM

My site is running pretty slow also and when I add detailed images - I get this error:

Code:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/equerrya/public_html/include/templater/plugins/function.thumb.php(2) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 35

My original image is large - 2014 x 1569 and 1mg in size

TelaFirma 09-15-2007 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tye
My site is running pretty slow also and when I add detailed images - I get this error:

Code:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/equerrya/public_html/include/templater/plugins/function.thumb.php(2) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 35

My original image is large - 2014 x 1569 and 1mg in size

This is a very large image to start with and will use a lot of memory to rescale. You might try turning off the unsharp mask. This will use less memory. Alternatively you might start with a smaller image.

eaglemobiles 09-17-2007 11:41 AM

Quote:

How we will get the latest version as we are all waiting for the updated version.

Tye 09-17-2007 06:09 PM

Quote:

This is a very large image to start with and will use a lot of memory to rescale. You might try turning off the unsharp mask. This will use less memory. Alternatively you might start with a smaller image.

Yeah - I resized this down to 800px wide - and it now works pretty cool - thanks

TelaFirma 10-06-2007 10:08 AM

I wanted to leave a quick post to let everyone know that the issue that I was having with PayPal has been fixed.

Also, I have updated the mod to use a JQuery version of Lightbox so that it does not conflict with wholesale pricing. The other JavaScript libraries like Prototype and Moo all have conflicts with the arrays that are built by X-Cart when you are using Wholesale pricing. JQuery does not suffer from this, so I am using a modified version of Lightbox to use JQuery. Since the JQuery script is packed, the scripts are smaller and load quicker.

Also, for those that were concerned about longer page load times, there was a small bug that in certain circumstances would cause the image to be generated again. This has also been fixed. This did not occur on all systems, but only a small percentage.

naemsmommy 10-06-2007 10:16 AM

Hi, can I please have the updated version of this mod? My e-mail address is contact AT babyplanetboutique.com.

Thank you!

mffowler 10-07-2007 03:40 AM

I just loaded the updated version, but it really didn't fix the speed issue. Took about 10 seconds (sometimes up to 20) to open a product page from a subcategories menu. Also, the mod doesn't really work well with variants. I also tried generating the html catalog as a work around but that didn't work for me as the images didn't generate correctly and catalog pages had no images. I could try and fix that, but am not really interested in html catalog generation every day.

Example: If you have color and size variations set for a product and have images set for all variants as X-Cart does and display a variant thumbnail under the main image (using this mod's option), you get an image for every variant (size and color). That's basically multiple rows of the same image...

I really like how GD Library sizes and scales the images as well as the Unsharp Mask, but I feel that there are a lot of complex things going on with product images especially variants - and I doubt all of these issues can be fully implemented and fixed. The theory of the mod is great, but it may be premature. Saying that, I have a site with no variant images and it works great!

So, I would recommend this mod for someone who just wants to sell products that are not a variant nature. I don't recommened it (at this time) for anyone with product variant images. As for the popularity of this and related threads associated with auto-generated product images, it is a trend in the majority of e-commerce cart packages and it would be nice for X-Cart to create this add-on that is tightly integrated with their core code and taks advantage of all the developments that we have seen in the 4.1.x lineup.

Back to using my own batch image processing and resize/Unsharp Mask scripts.

- Mike

TelaFirma 10-07-2007 06:43 AM

Mike,

I seems like you have a few different things going on here. First with the load time. The first time that any page is loaded, it will take longer. This is when the images are generated the first time. So, if you have a product with 2 detailed images and a thumbnail then you will actually be generating up to 10 or more images that first time. 1 for the main product image, 4 small thumbnails (product, thumb, detail, detail) and then 5 larger images for the popups. The popup images are generated when the product pages loads so they will be able to be used in the JafaScript for the popup.

After the page is visited (by anyone) the first time, the image generation will not happen again (unless you change one of the parameters) and all the images will then be drawn from the cache directory. If this is not happening, then there is something out of the ordinary with your particular install or server configuration that we need to look at.

The variant images function just like the default X-Cart functionality with the addition of having them available for popup detailed images. If you have two variants, (one red and one blue) and have an image loaded for each variant then yes, it will generate small thumbnails for the main product image and then small thumbnails for each product variant image. When you change the options drop down to a different variant, the main product image will change to that variant image - just like default X-Cart functionality. The addition is that these small thumbnails are also shown below the main product image and are available for popups.

It sounds like you have something different that you need to happen with the variant images than what X-Cart does out of the box. When I look at your store it does not look like you are having X-Cart change the actual product image when you change the options but are only showing color "blocks" below your main image. In your particular case I would recommend still using variants (for the SKUs) but not using different images for all the variants. Instead use the color blocks as detail images. Variant images are only useful when you have full images of the variants. Otherwise they are just details of the overall products.

Contact me so that we can get this straightened out for you. I have many other people using this mod with variants and are not having these issues.