X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   xMobile - Smartphone mobile template (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=64540)

Will Hayes 08-10-2012 01:21 AM

xMobile - Smartphone mobile template

Hi gang,

Just a quick post to let you all know, our xMobile Smartphone template for x-cart is now launched.
I know many of you have been looking for a professionally developed smartphone template in the past... well here it is.
The development effort that has gone into creating xMobile has been nothing short of Epic, but it certainly has been a labour of love - from start to finish.

We think you'll agree as soon as you see the xMobile demo in action, checkout our videos for a first hand
run through of the many frontend and admin features. You won't believe what we have crammed into this template.

xMobile Smartphone template for x-cart

See xMobile in action here

Scan in the QR tag shown on our xMobile pages to get started. eCommerce is Mobile... Are you?

xMobile - without doubt the greatest mobile template available for x-cart today.

Price: ─180 ONLY - ─150 when bundled with any of our templates

regards
Will

Will Hayes 08-10-2012 11:09 AM

Re: xMobile - Smartphone mobile template

Hi folks,

Just a quick follow up... currently xMobile is fully compatible with x-cart 4.4.x and 4.5.x
We are investigating the possibility of porting xMobile to earlier versions of x-cart also.
Ideally, we would like to go as far back as x-cart 4.1 - we will make a full announcement next week.
Thanks again for all the fantastic comments and reaction to xMobile...

cherie 08-10-2012 04:00 PM

=D> Well done. I'm very impressed. I've read through all of the info, checked the videos and screen shots, and tried out the demo. You definitely have put a lot of effort into this. I'm very interested in 4.1-4.3.

Will Hayes 08-11-2012 04:18 AM

Cheers Cherie,

Thanks for the great comments and support, it means alot :)

Yes, xMobile was a massive project for us - we wanted to do it right first time and include all the features we wanted to use and see in a mobile template.
The key to xMobile is the backend customisation settings, as you can see you have full control over how your mobile template will look and behave.
You have 100% control, this way you don't have to pay extra hiring a developer or designer to customise the template - you can do it all yourself.

Add to this, the stunning frontend interfaces we've created... it really is the total package.
I'm getting carried away here... anyway, you can probably tell we're very proud of this product and all the work that we put into it.

Thanks for getting in touch.

regards
W.

JacksmithxD 08-11-2012 04:24 AM

How would you compare yours to other third party skins/optimized versions? Just wondering on who to make the large investment with as it's quite expensive so I would like to get it right first time. :)

Will Hayes 08-11-2012 05:20 AM

Hi Jack,

Good question :)

I think you'll find that xMobile is the most advanced mobile template available on the market today,
nothing else comes close to it. I'd rather not get too specific with regards to other mobile templates.
Have you seen the xMobile feature list?? :)

I think xMobile is actually one of the cheaper mobile templates on the market
- when you consider you don't have to pay any extra for development services to customise the template
- plus the fact that we're offering an extra €30 discount to our existing and future template customers.
- All existing template customers have been issued a €30 discount and xmobile is discounted when you bundle it with one of our web templates.

Features & Price - it's all there.

cherie 08-13-2012 01:12 PM

I have someone lined up to buy this for 4.1. ;)

Loryn 08-14-2012 09:27 AM

Will this be able to be used continuously if I where to keep upgrading from x-cart 4.5.2 to future versions? Will I have to keep reinstalling?

Will Hayes 08-14-2012 10:50 AM

Hi Loryn,

You need to think of xMobile like any normal x-xcart template (but optimised for smartphones),
so if Qualiteam decide to add some new features into the next version of x-cart,
then your current version of xMobile will not support these new frontend features.

It's part of our job to upgrade all our products to continue to be compatible with the
latest version of x-cart. So, if you want to upgrade x-cart - it also makes sense that you would
install the updated versions of our software - this way, xMobile will support all the latest features
developed into your latest version of x-cart.
This would be common practice for most 3rd party modules/templats for x-cart

So, the short answer is Yes, you need to upgrade xMobile if you plan to upgrade to future versions
of x-cart. We will provide you with all the upgraded xMobiles files.

regards
W.

7thdesire 08-24-2012 07:38 AM

hi

any update on older versions 4.3.2 user waiting to buy

Will Hayes 08-27-2012 01:42 AM

Hi 7thdesire,

Yes, thanks for your patience - we will have a definite answer this week.

john99 09-05-2012 11:23 AM

Hello,

1. I would like to know if mobile customers (mobile + tablet) would be given options to choose between mobile and normal template when they visit any page on my website?

2. Also, does this mobile template share the same inventory with the normal template?

3. I am using lots of mods in the normal template. Do I have to apply these mods to the mobile template (i.e. "remember me" mod, mailchimp mod and etc.)

4. If I buy this mobile template with the X-banner, would the banner works for both mobile and normal template?

Regards,
John

JWait 09-07-2012 08:39 AM

Is x-mobile upgradable? For instance, right now were are on x-cart 4.4.4, will the x-mobile still work if we go to 4.5.x, or is is upgradable?

cherie 09-11-2012 09:19 AM

I don't suppose you have an update on making this module available for older versions, especially 4.1?

Jobananas 10-10-2012 04:29 AM

Hi

Will thiswork with X-carts Xconfigurator module?

Really hope it does as we are looking to move to your module but X-conf is a big part of our business.

Cheers

Learner 10-15-2012 12:00 AM

Hi,
No trial version exist to test the compatibility of third party modules.

If possible please provide trial version to test.

Thanks

Will Hayes 10-18-2012 07:07 AM

Hi Guys,

Apologies for the delay in responding... didn't have time to check the forums lately.
In response to your questions...

john99
1. When xMobile is installed on your site, it is automatically served up to smartphone users - if the connecting device is found to be a smartphone (smaller screen size) then xMobile is returned as the default template for that session. The user can switch from xMobile to your normal "web" template from within xMobile, they can also switch back from web to mobile if they wish.
2. Yes, xMobile shares all catalog deetails with your normal web template - xMobile is just another frontend skin - everything is the same as your web frontend except the interface is designed differently to suit smartphone screens.
3. Yes, you will have to re-apply any frontend mods you have already integrated into your normal web template. All xMobile files are contained within their own template folder, therefore xMobile will not have any knowledge of these frontend edits you many have made to your web template - so you need to make these edits into the corresponding xmobile tpl files.
4. Yes, 1 license for xBanners will work with your standard web frontent and xMobile - both templates can share this module, you just have to upload seperate banners for each template.

JWait
Yes, xMobile has already been upgraded to the latest version of x-cart (4.5.3) - with each upgrade to x-cart, we upgrade all our products immediately (this can sometimes take a day or so) - but its own number 1 priority as soon as x-cart releases a new upgrade.

cherie
No, unfortunately right now xMobile is only available for x-cart 4.4.x upwards to 4.5.3 (right now)
We have been trying to get time to port xMobile to earlier versions of x-cart, but time is tight right now we simply can not get to this task just yet.

Jobananas
Right now, we're actually working on this remaining update to the enterprise and platinum versions for x-cart.

Learner
We can't provide trial versions of our templates unfortunately - but in saying that all 3rd party modules should be compatible with xMobile as its operates just like any other x-cart template. You just have to make sure to make any frontend edits to the xmobile files. For a full demo of xMobile you can always checkout our demo website using your smartphone. I hope this helps somewhat.

I hope that info helps guys - if you have any further questions please feel free to send an email support@thexcartstore.com, we reply within a few hours during office hours.

regards
W.

Aqua 10-25-2012 12:04 PM

Will,

On our behalf, our X-Cart consultant has installed your xMobile mod to our 4.5.2 X-Cart site. Its been two weeks and we're still having lots of problems with the mobile mod on the iPhone 5 OS 6. Any idea on when your support team will get the bugs worked out? We want to go live by the first of November and at this rate, I'm concerned that we won't make the deadline. I would like to know what your timeline is for sorting out all the issues. I'm feeling like a beta tester for xMobile.

Thank you,

Rex

Will Hayes 10-26-2012 02:23 AM

Hi Rex/Aqua,

I don't see any tickets from you - have you used a different name in our support system.
Can you respond to your ticket, to bump it up? Thanks.

regards
W.

Aqua 10-26-2012 06:24 AM

Will,

Our ticket should be connected to aquadesign. If necessary, I will ask our consultant.

Rex

Aqua 10-31-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will Hayes
I don't see any tickets from you

Will,

Our consultant indicates you found our ticket. Any ideas when the support team will finalize solutions to our problems with xMobile? As its been about a week since you last wrote, I wanted to check back with you.

Thanks,

Rex

Will Hayes 11-04-2012 10:48 AM

Hi Rex,

I presume all is resolved now - respond to your ticket if there is anything else.

regards
W.

Aqua 11-05-2012 03:33 PM

Sorry Will.

Eight more issues with 12 screenshots are headed back to our consultant and your support team. It would be helpful if your engineers could test transactions for themselves, test links and pretend they are consumers before thinking they have completed a punch list of fixes. While we are making headway, some of these items to repair have been itemized on several earlier messages.

Please thoroughly test in both Apple Safari and Google Chrome browsers in iOS6 as well as Android.

Rex

DavyMac 11-11-2012 06:22 AM

Will,

Your product looks exactly what we need, so much so that we are upgrading to X-Cart 4.5 specifically to make use of your mod. However, we are keeping a close eye on the problems raised by Aqua - I'm hopeful that Aqua's problems will be addressed and Rex will continue to post progress against these problems.

drheath 11-14-2012 08:35 AM

I am excited about this mod, but I have implementation concerns. We are currently evaluating between this solution or using a separate solution altogether that has hooks into X-cart.

Aqua 11-14-2012 10:56 AM

DavyMac and drheath,

I'll try to keep this thread updated with resolutions to our current problems. Our punch list of fixes still stands at eight things-to-do as of November 5th (9 days ago).

I wish Will and the team were faster at response time. Nevertheless, I have high hopes for the mod as soon as its ready for prime-time.

Best regards,

Rex

Will Hayes 11-15-2012 11:38 AM

Hi Aqua,

First off, you know first hand the efforts we are going to here to resolve your issues, but the real problem here is that you seem to be relaying all our messages back to your client and not getting involved directly yourself. Your client in this case, it would seem, doesnt fully understand our product or the issues we have explained - and is inturn reporting back to you with comments. We have addressed all your issues to date.

Can you call our office number during working hours, so we can work through and explain things further to you. http://www.thexcartstore.com/help.php?section=contactus&mode=update

I'd appreciate if you would call us, or at least provide with a number so we can contact you - thanks again.

regards
W.

Aqua 11-15-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will Hayes
but the real problem here is that you seem to be relaying all our messages back to your client and not getting involved directly yourself.

Will,

I am the client. Our consultant (Paul), whom we have hired to update our site and install your mod, is working directly with your support staff concerning our issues. I've provided him with detailed notes about the problems we've been experiencing and in most cases, screenshots of the issues.

I'll see to it that he sees your post and will ask him to get in touch.

Thanks,

Rex

Will Hayes 11-15-2012 12:14 PM

That's great Aqua,

We're looking forward to speaking with him :)

regards
W.

DavyMac 02-17-2013 07:56 AM

I must say that this template is really great. It functions well, looks good and is very easy to live with and my website is better for having it.

I must give special mention to Will's support desk, which saw my tickets replied to within an hour, even on weekends. Ilya and Maxim know their stuff and provided me with prompt, knowledgable and accurate fixes.

Will Hayes 02-18-2013 03:33 AM

Hi Davy,

Thanks for the great review - it means alot to all the team here :)
Keep posted to our website for more product news and releases soon - our developers have been cooking up a storm here behind the scenes.

regards
W.

Aqua 02-18-2013 08:31 AM

To DavyMac, drheath and all who have been waiting for a summary of our finalized support tickets with the team at xMobile. First, I can say that all issues have been fixed and the mod is fully operational with no bugs that I'm aware of. I believe Will (Principal at The xCart Store.com) would agree with me that the road to this point was difficult, time consuming and expensive for all. When we began working on the layout issues none of us realized that xMobile was not compatible with mods such as Altered Cart's On Sale and One Page Checkout or BCSE's authorize.net DPM. Those incompatibilities have also been repaired at an added cost billed to our company of about $150 (ё100).

On a positive note, I can agree with DavyMac that Will was very polite and professional during the entire ordeal and even though difficult, it was a pleasure to work with him. Once he took control of our support ticket, communication was excellent.

So with the path we blazed, at one point I think Will should have put me on payroll for the testing I did ;-), I can say that the mod looks and functions very well. Thanks Will.

Rex

Will Hayes 02-18-2013 08:44 AM

Hi Rex,

Good to hear from you again - thanks for following up on this thread and keeping everyone up to date on this topic.
Yes, things were a little difficult at times as we had to integrate our template with other modules - this can be troublesome but always possible. As you know, we did as much as we could for free to make our template better, but we had to charge for some of the time just to cover ourselves.

Big thanks again for your patience during this time and the issues you discovered.
Be sure to keep me posed on your plans to visit Ireland - I'll be sure to get you a drink when you arrive, that's how we pay our staff here these days ;)

best regards
W.

Aqua 02-18-2013 09:03 AM

Thanks Will. A good fresh-roast and ground Indonesian coffee is my beverage of choice.

One follow up to my previous message, we've since added xMobile to another site which is also a vote of confidence for the mod.

DavyMac 02-18-2013 10:23 AM

Thanks Rex for sharing your experience. We've just gone live with X-Cart 4.5.4 and The Xcart Store's templates, but with little modification as we had a big upgrade from 4.1.12. The site that we've just replaced ran with Altered Cart's OPC and it is our intention to install it in our latest site too, so we're grateful that we'll benefit from the work you have done with The Xcart Store in getting this mod working with these great templates.

Aqua 02-18-2013 10:55 AM

I'm pleased to be of help. Hope xMobile and OPC works like a champ for you!

drheath 02-26-2013 09:35 AM

Thanks Aqua, the jury has been out on our end, but I think we are going to move forward on it. We launch our upgrade to 4.5.4 tomorrow and I the mobile skin is going to be the very next order of business. If all goes well we should have that running mid March. Thank-you for keeping us updated as to the progress.

DavyMac 03-04-2013 11:23 AM

Will,

Can you give an insight in to how this template detects when it should be displayed because usually my iPad displays the main site but today, for the first time, my iPad displayed the mobile site? ...with no jiggery-pokery from me.

Consequently, until now, I'd assumed that this template determined that it should not be active for iPads and that was true for all my customers that use iPads. Now I don't know whether customers see the mobile template on their tablet or not.

Will Hayes 03-04-2013 12:23 PM

Hi Davy,

xMobile should only appear on smartphones.
One of two things has probably happened here:
1. You accessed your site on an ipad using the xmobile shopkey - this will force the mobile template to appear on any device (desktop browser, ipad, smartphone, etc). You may have then come back to that same device later and the mobile template is still active.
2. Someone changed the detected code - but as you said, you didn't, so the likelyhood is option 1.

If you could create a support ticket on our helpdesk we can look into it further for you.
http://support.thexcartstore.com/
Also include the link, so we can check on multiple devices.

regards
W.

DavyMac 03-06-2013 05:09 AM

Hi Will,

I'm pleased to hear that this template should only appear on smartphones.
I did suspect that the xmobile shopkey had been used despite protestations that it hadn't. Since I was only shown the page after it had been loaded I can't vouch for the method used to open it.:roll:

I shall raise a ticket if I see the template appear afresh on an iPad myself.