X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   A simple fix to pretty the checkout up a little (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=22197)

Kara 10-12-2006 03:23 PM

Re: A simple fix to pretty the checkout up a little

2 Attachment(s)
here ya go

sushob 10-12-2006 03:31 PM

I didn't have either of those problems, so I'm guessing it may be something to do with your version of X-Cart. (?)

Sorry I can't be of much help there...I only have 4.1.3.

iDirectGrp.com 10-12-2006 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnm
Hey Lew,

like your site, did you have it customised or is it a skin, I am looking to fancy my site up from the standard x-cart options.

pnp,

My Cart was customized by Ali Aly of Onewebsite in New Zealand. He is a great guy and does terrific work. As I had to get something going quickly I turned to outsourcing the work. Ali sold me on X-Cart and I am very glad he did as it seems to be a very solid shopping cart. I am now trying to get up to speed with the software so I can make additonal modifications on my own.

If you need help w/ customization I highly recommend Ali. His email is ali.aly@yahoo.com. I think his website is at www.onewebsite.co.nz.

iDirectGrp.com 10-12-2006 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2coolbaby
okay I will ask again: This looks great, but so far the code is only for the customer details. Anyone have code for further areas of checkout???? IE: Cart Details and Payment Method?

Mary Lee,

It looked like members GRANT (the originator of this mod and the one who started this thread -- many thanks Grant!) and Fearnothing where working on this checkout enhancement as there are examples of their efforts earlier in this thread. I to would like to see the code posted for these enhancements as I am incredibly pleased with the look of the enhanced customer details; now that I have it working :)

pnm 10-13-2006 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iDirectGrp.com
pnp,

My Cart was customized by Ali Aly of Onewebsite in New Zealand. He is a great guy and does terrific work. As I had to get something going quickly I turned to outsourcing the work. Ali sold me on X-Cart and I am very glad he did as it seems to be a very solid shopping cart. I am now trying to get up to speed with the software so I can make additonal modifications on my own.

If you need help w/ customization I highly recommend Ali. His email is ali.aly@yahoo.com. I think his website is at www.onewebsite.co.nz.

Thanks Lew I'll look him up.

Terrybraley 10-19-2006 08:34 AM

many thanks Grant! Works GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

Gio 11-07-2006 01:27 AM

Hi,
I've been searching but couldn't find the mod for step 1 the checkout page. I'd like just to have the login screen for returned customer or new customer sign up only instead of like default of xcart.
Thanks in advance.

gallica 11-09-2006 11:21 PM

Does someone succed to implement images on payment method ?
If we follow the process : Update the payment_methods.php with the 3 lines
Code:

define('USE_TRUSTED_POST_VARIABLES',1);
$trusted_post_variables = array("posted_data");
require "./auth.php";
require $xcart_dir."/include/security.php";

whatever html image tag we put on payment method description
[img]../skin1/images/payment.gif[/img] the html tags are displayed as text.

Any comments ?

MBA 11-10-2006 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grant
Haha, I swear to God i'm gonna get my checkout looking so hot I'm gonna have to start selling soiled panties :P

That's a fairly "saturated" market isn't it? :P

No, but seriously, I'll be here all week. Try the veil. :lol:

Very nice mod Grant.

ryan c. 11-24-2006 03:05 PM

nice. THanks