X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   X-Cart Ability Template v4.4.x (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=61776)

obaluba2 03-24-2013 10:11 AM

Re: X-Cart Ability Template v4.4.x

Hi all

I'm hoping someone can help. On the product detail page i'd like to move the social network icons further down the page and replace them with the short description. Has anyone done this?

thanks

markdstephens 06-19-2013 11:08 AM

Hi Phil,

I saw your note that Ability is now being replaced by reBOOT, but will continue to be supported. Do have an Ability based fix for the Twitter feed?

Thanks

PhilJ 06-20-2013 03:34 AM

Quote:

I saw your note that Ability is now being replaced by reBOOT, but will continue to be supported. Do have an Ability based fix for the Twitter feed?

Here's the fix for the Ability Twitter feed

markdstephens 06-20-2013 08:15 AM

Thanks Phil,

I have made the changes but it is still not loading. Any suggestions to debug.

Site is www.trendykid.com

jcorneli 07-03-2013 02:52 AM

I just uploaded the Twitter feed fix. There was no twitter subdirectory at that location. Am I missing part of the instructions.

My site is also scrambled. It just happened one day.

PhilJ 07-03-2013 02:57 AM

You need to upload the files. The /twitter folder is in the zip.

If still stuck, post a ticket. Or alternatively you can embed a Twitter timeline using code from here.

jcorneli 07-03-2013 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilJ
You need to upload the files. The /twitter folder is in the zip.

If still stuck, post a ticket. Or alternatively you can embed a Twitter timeline using code from here.

Hi Phil,

I unzipped it and uploaded it to the template. I'm saying it did not overwrite anything at location because there was nothing there. So wouldn't there have to be some code in the template?

Anyway I have posted a ticket for the larger issue.

Thanks

obaluba2 07-24-2013 08:18 AM

Did anyone get this working? be nice to use the ability timeline but not sure where to put the files?

PhilJ 07-24-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Did anyone get this working? be nice to use the ability timeline but not sure where to put the files?

The Twitter API update is straightforward to install. If you are stuck, post a support ticket and I'll make the changes for you.

obaluba2 08-03-2013 07:06 AM

Thanks Phil,

I have another one which I hope is a quick fix.. On the Gallery, we've added the files as per the instructions but we're getting 'The requested image cannot be loaded. Please try again later'? The thumbnail loads OK, so its a bit odd?

any ideas what it could be?