X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   X-Cart 4.1.0 rc4 released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=20817)

TL408 04-03-2006 02:34 PM

[quote="shan"]
Quote:

USER PROFILE OPTIONS
can you confirm if both billing and shipping first and last name are stored in their own row in the database and not joined.

can you confirm if both billing and shipping address1 & address 2are stored in their own row in the database and not joined.

could we not join the Personal information & Contact Information into one section
I've been asking for the change for the past 2-3 RC releases. Just don't see any particular reason why the registration form should have two different sections, "Personal Information" and then "Contact Information" right below it.

Addtionally, we don't have any option to easily move the "Phone" and "Email" fields in from "Contact Information" section into the "Personal Information". And when contacted X-cart about doing this, they wanted to charge support points because it is a custom mod.

PLEASE make the necessary change. Or at least give us the option of making that change within the Admin Pannel. I hope to see this change in the next release. THANK YOU for listening.

-Tuan

pkwsg 04-03-2006 08:43 PM

Quote:

Thu Mar 23 16:15:48 MSK 2006 [!] - max - Bug: HTML tags were not erased from data being imported. This created the possibility of including scripting code in such tags. Fixed.

This was a bit of a shock. Can I ask why this was considered a bug?

Is the feature of importing HTML product data officially removed?
Does this mean that if we want to use the export/import feature for moving a store between installations - that all the HTML will be blown away? This effectively means that HTML in product fields (and extra fields) is no longer a supported feature.

Please explain?

pkwsg 04-03-2006 08:47 PM

Question/Suggestion

Would it be possible to change the field type of
xcart_extra_field_values.value from char(255) to text ?

It seems rather inflexible to have the user-definable product fields restricted to 255 characters. It prevents use of the extra fields for things like "sample text", or "table of contents".

svowl 04-03-2006 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mffowler
Quote:

Re-check the product memberships, please.
OK, I have re-installed rc4. I still cannot get a product to show up.

The only things that I have done are:[list=1][*]Created a provider

Please check the status of an account and activity of this provider ('Account status' and 'Activity' fields at the bottom of 'Modify provider profile' page). By default provider profile created with suspended account and disabled activity.

mffowler 04-03-2006 08:58 PM

Ah, it was the activity. That should be an option when creating a provider (it was not) as who would have known that it would show up after a provider is created. Now the product shows up.

Time to get crackin'...

- Mike

gastu 04-03-2006 09:39 PM

language and state

have state spain but not have language spanish?!

i can help with translate to spanish if you need :D

svowl 04-04-2006 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mffowler
Ah, it was the activity. That should be an option when creating a provider (it was not) as who would have known that it would show up after a provider is created. Now the product shows up.

Time to get crackin'...

- Mike

The fact that 'Activity' field was not displayed when administrator created a provider profile was a bug. It has been fixed. Thank you for the report.

svowl 04-04-2006 03:21 AM

Re: language and state

Quote:

Originally Posted by gastu
have state spain but not have language spanish?!

i can help with translate to spanish if you need :D

It would be very helpful for X-Cart users who need a Spanish translation. There is a special section in this forum for such things - http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=17926 (Contributed translations). Your translation is very welcome! :wink:

svowl 04-04-2006 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pkwsg
This was a bit of a shock. Can I ask why this was considered a bug?

Is the feature of importing HTML product data officially removed?
Does this mean that if we want to use the export/import feature for moving a store between installations - that all the HTML will be blown away? This effectively means that HTML in product fields (and extra fields) is no longer a supported feature.

Please explain?

For reasons of security, X-Cart employs a built-in routine to validate input data. This routine cuts off all tags from the input parameters passed via POST/GET/COOKIES. However, some data (like product and category descriptions, language variables etc) need to contain HTML code. In order for the above mentioned validation routine not to affect such input variables, we use a special constant at the beginning of scripts. Below is an example from admin/product_modify.php:

Code:

define('USE_TRUSTED_POST_VARIABLES',1);
$trusted_post_variables = array("product_lng","product_new_descr","product_new_full_descr", "descr","fulldescr", "posted_data","js_code");

The import procedure simply duplicates this validation for the data passed from CSV file.

mffowler 04-04-2006 05:01 AM

Import errors... 4.1rc4

I just did a 6,000+ product import and noticed a few things. First off, it did work albeit there were some errors (listed in the logs) that were easily corrected. But, upon exporting the added products, my "Avail" and "Keywords" columns were completely wrong.

I am in the process of re-importing them with those columns empty to see what happens. This is most likely a bug as I had dropped all products prior to the last load and didn't propagate the keywords field (but it showed up w/ incorrect data!).

Thanks,

Mike