X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 5 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   "Shop By Brand" module for X-Cart 5 (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=69204)

fabio@eleterno.com 04-04-2017 02:42 AM

Re: "Shop By Brand" module for X-Cart 5

Hello,

It's possible to show the brands with a dropdown at sidebar?

Thanks

xplorer 04-04-2017 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fabio@eleterno.com
It's possible to show the brands with a dropdown at sidebar?

Out of the box the module doesn't have this feature, but it is possible by creating a custom module.
How would you like this dropdown to work?

fabio@eleterno.com 04-04-2017 04:22 AM

What I wanted to see is if there is a possibility to display a drop-down menu that replaces the current list of brands, simply with the title "Brands" and a drop-down menu that allows selecting each brand, and when selected go to the page of that brand.

Thanks

qualiteam 04-04-2017 11:36 PM

\XLite\Module\QSL\ShopByBrand\View\BrandsBlock is the widget that renders the sidebar block.
You are likely to replace its template from your custom module and add a JavaScript that changes the page on selecting a brand in the dropdown.

fabio@eleterno.com 04-05-2017 02:10 AM

Ok, thanks.

fabio@eleterno.com 04-05-2017 02:14 AM

Hello,

I want to know if it is possible for vendors to add and manage their own brands. I have x-cart v5 MultiVendor version.

qualiteam 04-05-2017 10:43 PM

On the MultiVendor module settings page there is a setting that will allow vendors to add new brands when editing products: "Vendor access to global attributes".
However, brands are shared between vendors, and only administrators can edit information about brands (logo, description, ...).

fabio@eleterno.com 04-06-2017 05:13 AM

With v4 each vendor can add and edit their own manufacturers.
It is possible to do the same with v5?

qualiteam 04-06-2017 05:23 AM

The brands module uses the attributes logic built into X-Cart 5. The brand field is just an attribute field.
In X-Cart there is no function for vendors to have attribute values which other vendors cannot see. Any value that a vendor enters into an attribute field becomes available to other vendors too.
I believe you can change this logic from a custom module, but I'm not sure how complex that modification will be.

fabio@eleterno.com 04-06-2017 07:12 AM

And could it be we add and enable an admin with just the role of managing brands?