X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Hidden Categories (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=8276)

jackson 05-08-2005 12:20 PM

Has anyone got this to work on 4.0.8? I made the changes to category_modify.tpl but can't find the code mentioned in catagories.tpl

Would be great if I could get this working.

balinor 05-08-2005 12:22 PM

That is because you need to edit categories.php, not categories.tpl. Totally different file :)

jackson 05-08-2005 12:33 PM

Cheers

What a doofis! Thanks again!

jackson 05-08-2005 07:58 PM

Just doesn't want to work.

As Alltribes said, "didn't need to modify categories.tpl" as I am 4.0.8. But i canged the code in category_modify.tpl to:

Code:

<select name=avail>
<option value='Y' {if ($current_category.avail eq 'Y')} selected {/if}>Enabled</option>
<option value='N' {if ($current_category.avail eq 'N')} selected {/if}>Disabled</option>
<option value='H' {if ($current_category.avail eq 'H')} selected {/if}>Hidden</option>
</select>

It still isn't working

Just to make sure I'm being clear in what I want to achieve, I want to be able to disable the catagory in admin and still be able to access it via direct URL.

What I have done is taken the url then disabled the catagory, gone back and pasted url directly into address bar, but it just takes me to my shop index.

What am I doing wrong?

martin242 07-28-2005 07:10 PM

That mod is not working on X-Cart 4.0.14 :(
Anyone can help me?
I can post my categories.php if needed.
Thanks!

Martin

balinor 07-29-2005 03:52 AM

Read the thread carefully...there are solutions for 4.0 posted within the thread. I have it working fine on multiple versions of 4.0.x, including .14.

HWT 08-03-2005 04:52 AM

An extension of the page title "bug", the description also gets taken only from the 1st hidden category. Tried to work around by giving the first hidden category a general name, and use the description to differentiate the categories. Didn't work. Every category (hidden or not) displays the same title and description as the 1st hidden category. Anyone figured it out yet?

martin242 08-04-2005 06:45 PM

You are right, the same happens on 4.0.14
This mod is not working properly :(
Anyone has a solution?

HWT 08-07-2005 06:37 AM

OK, this seems to be working all right on my site now.

Check it out at www.heritagetoys.com

On the right, you will see a "Shop by Age" tab like menu. Each link in this menu goes to a hidden category.

How I did this was by following the mod instructions in this thread. Then I created a category (I named it Shop by Age), and made it hidden. I created sub categories that I wanted to be the "hidden categories" (0-18 months, 1-2 years, etc.) and set them to "active" status, and just hard coded the links in to the tab.

Results: If I move categories around in the admin, occassionally some of the categories (never know which!?) will display "Shop by Age" in the bread crumb and title. After a little while (minutes to hours) it goes back to it's own title/breadcrumb. Why? I don't know, but it seems to work in general.

martin242 08-07-2005 06:53 AM

Seems like this Mod is still very buggy.
I couldn't find a solution to make it work properly yet.