X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=66570)

PhilJ 04-20-2016 05:12 PM

Re: X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template

+ Quick View Products
+ MAP Pricing Addon Added
+ Easy Custom Contact Forms Addon Included Free
+ New lower price, for the moment

elmirage001 04-20-2016 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilJ
+ Quick View Products
+ MAP Pricing Addon Added
+ Easy Custom Contact Forms Addon Included Free
+ New lower price, for the moment

Ecommerce, that works.

As always, get in touch for updated files.

Thank you Phil for all you do for us! I will never understand why some users won't spend the tiny amount for reBOOT (it's worth so much more!). You've read some of our testimonials on how people love our site (which means they also love reBOOT)! So again, thank you so much! We really appreciate the endless thought and hard work you put into it!

Paul

PhilJ 04-20-2016 09:28 PM

Thanks Paul, love your work :wink:

PhilJ 04-29-2016 11:11 AM

Hi folks, you can now download the latest reBOOT version whenever you want here. Order email and ID # required.

PhilJ 04-29-2016 04:43 PM

Handy little responsive previewer / tester... an alternative to the usual browser dev tools.

Demo
- Remote URL - Download

- Upload preview.html to your store root and run it in your browser.

- If your store is closed, edit preview.html and enter your shopkey in this line...
Code:

var shopkey = "";
- You can also go directly to any page URL like this...

preview.html?url=http://www.yourstore.com/whatever_page.html
or
preview.html?url=whatever_page.html

Note, you can't enter page URLs with parameters in them, so enable clean URLs.

ITVV 04-30-2016 03:04 AM

Quote:

Hi folks, you can now download the latest reBOOT version whenever you want here. Order email and ID # required.

I can confirm that this works great :D/ :D/ :D/

Thanks Phil for outstanding work - as always :D :D :D

Kind regards

ITVV

ITVV 04-30-2016 03:08 AM

Quote:

Handy little responsive previewer / tester... an alternative to the usual browser dev tools.

Demo
- Remote URL - Download

- Upload preview.html to your store root and run it in your browser.

- If your store is closed, edit preview.html and enter your shopkey in this line...
Code:

var shopkey = "";
- You can also go directly to any page URL like this...

preview.html?url=http://www.yourstore.com/whatever_page.html
or
preview.html?url=whatever_page.html

Note, you can't enter page URLs with parameters in them, so enable clean URLs.

This is also a great tool :D/ :D/ :D/

Works great and is so easy to use.

Thanks again Phil

Kind regards

ITVV

lilypad 05-05-2016 07:57 AM

I'm urgently trying to install a Facebook pixel on my site for marketing purposes but when I do so, Reboot keeps erroring. This is the latest error

Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty Compiler: Syntax error in template "/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/store/skin/reboot/customer/home.tpl" on line 13 "!function(f,b,e,v,n,t,s){if(f.fbq)return;n=f.fbq= function(){n.callMethod?" - Unexpected ".", expected one of: "","" , ")" <-- thrown in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/store/include/lib/smarty3/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php on line 13

I also sent a ticket in earlier this week about a problem with my previous/next and related products but I haven't received a response.

PhilJ 05-05-2016 08:06 AM

Have you got {literal}...{/literal} tags around the FB javascript code? I've updated your ticket.

yages 05-05-2016 02:33 PM

Just activated the recommended products module now the images are displayed in different sizes,( mostly very large) how can you set them to thumbnail size

PhilJ 05-06-2016 12:13 AM

If you have a reBOOT > Mescellaneous setting, "Unify product thumbnail dimensions" enabled, try disabling it.

yages 05-06-2016 02:42 AM

Do not have a Unify product thumbnail dimensions
Could you have a look at my site

PhilJ 05-06-2016 03:56 PM

Sure, just submit a ticket with your details so I can take a look.

PhilJ 05-12-2016 06:18 PM

So here's a proof of concept of the new v4.7.x template. Work very much in progress, tons to do, but thought I'd post anyway, seeing as I'm gaining good ground on it.

Fast and lightweight. Bootstrap 4 based. No sidebars or clutter! Material design colour themes. Different approach to layout, template configuration and other new stuff...

I'm open to any ideas. It may be closed while I'm working on it. Responsive Previewer

Release date will be around the same date as v4.7.6 - Roadmap.

ITVV 05-12-2016 09:01 PM

Hi Phil,

That looks amazing.

It is amazingly fast as well.

Very exciting.

Great work

Kind regards

ITVV

elmirage001 05-13-2016 05:39 AM

Hi Phil !

Just want to clarify if there will not be any sidebars in Ultra?

Thanks!

Paul

PhilJ 05-13-2016 05:53 AM

2 column layouts will be possible, but not 3 columns.

elmirage001 05-15-2016 03:35 PM

Quote:

2 column layouts will be possible, but not 3 columns.

Cool!
Will there be an option to have the Social Icons and Newsletter Subscription above the footer like now?

Thanks Phil!

chamberinternet 05-19-2016 04:08 AM

Query: We have an XC store in which all the product prices are added exclusive of VAT/TAX. Can the skin be adjusted so that the wording "Excluding VAT/TAX" be displayed next to (or below) the price on the product details page.

Thanks!

PhilJ 05-19-2016 04:30 AM

Quote:

Will there be an option to have the Social Icons and Newsletter Subscription above the footer like now?

Yes, I'll make that available.

Quote:

Query: We have an XC store in which all the product prices are added exclusive of VAT/TAX. Can the skin be adjusted so that the wording "Excluding VAT/TAX" be displayed next to (or below) the price on the product details page.

Yes, you can edit skin/reboot/customer/main/product_details_order.tpl

Add your note before...
Code:

{if $product.taxes}
Or for the very latest version, before...
Code:

{if $product.taxes && $config.Reboot.reboot_map_pricing ne "Y"}

yages 05-19-2016 12:00 PM

Phil

I noticed on internet explorer a grey border showing on all products using your Thumb Nail Promo Mod

It does not show on Firefox or chrome

How can this be fixed

PhilJ 05-27-2016 04:38 AM

We are staying, for what it's worth.

elmirage001 05-27-2016 05:15 AM

Quote:

We are staying, for what it's worth.

:)

Hi Phil !! And where you go (stay) - we go (stay) :-) Using your templates is an absolute must for us! We can't wait for ULTRA !!
Thank you so much for all the hard work and thought I know you're putting into it!

Paul

yages 05-27-2016 06:27 PM

Phil

No Response to this yet

I noticed on internet explorer a grey border showing on all products using your Thumb Nail Promo Mod

It does not show on Firefox or chrome

How can this be fixed

PhilJ 06-01-2016 08:45 PM

2nd June
- The product additional data addon now includes convenient file uploaders

4th June
- The Glossary addon admin tool has been improved, no need to edit the JSON code any more!

Bluemonk 06-08-2016 10:31 PM

Phil, I am looking forward to Ultra. I plan on buying as soon as it is released.

I believe you had asked for feature suggestions. It would be great to be able to show recently viewed, past purchased, or upsell recommendations on the home page based on the shopper's past visits. It would be good if login is not required as long as the shopper is using the same computer.

If Phil is not able to include this, does anyone know of a mod that does this?

Thanks

PhilJ 06-09-2016 05:57 AM

Quote:

It would be great to be able to show recently viewed, past purchased, or upsell recommendations on the home page based on the shopper's past visits.
Thanks for that. Recently viewed and bestsellers are displayed in carousels at the footer of most pages. I'll include 'previously purchased' also (if the module is enabled), but login will be required though.

A neat feature is that any products loop can be displayed as a carousel or standard card list. Demo (still lots to do!). I'm waiting for v4.7.6 and the next Bootstrap 4 alpha to be released before I start more tweaking in earnest.

Bluemonk 06-09-2016 06:11 AM

Thanks. Is it possible to have shoppers perpetually logged in with a "remember me" like feature? Most of my customers are not registered or don't log in until checkout.

The idea is to have all returning customers see a customize home page based on their past behavior rather than a home page that shows the same best sellers to everyone. Maybe this is a completely different feature. I think it would be a powerful selling tool.

Thanks again.

Bluemonk 06-09-2016 07:25 AM

Hi Phil, I just spent some time going though them demo. A few things I didn't see but really like.

1) I like to have the option to show the product short description on the product page to the right of the product image.

2) I like to have a link under the product image (or somewhere on the product page) that reads "More from Brand XYZ".

I use both of the above items in my adapt template store.

3) It would be nice to have the option to add extra tabs on the product page in description, details, feedback menu bar.

4) It would be good if the manufacturer list could be a item in the top nav bar. Perhaps this feature already exists in the older templates, I couldn't find it though.

Thanks again

PhilJ 06-09-2016 07:42 AM

Product page hasn't been tweaked yet, but those features will be added. Instructions will be included on how to add products tabs.

There'll be a manufacturer menu somewhere, I haven't decided where yet. I also need to experiment with columns in the site body. The idea of the template is that the browsing and purchasing experience is roughly the same for all devices. Also maximising the use of space for mobile browsing, less scrolling, hence the carousels (which are optional).

This time, template settings are going to be stored in a .conf file, instead of the database. That means there'll be no patching necessary. Just upload the files and select the template. It also means that 'white labelling' of the template will be possible and future updates will be made easier.

A lot of thought is going into it, I just don't want to release it until I'm fully happy with it and a lot of testing has been done. As I've mentioned, it won't have as many features as reBOOT, the main intention is that it's lightening fast.

I thoroughly recommend you view the demo in the Blisk browser, which is a great responsive design tool / device emulator.

Bluemonk 06-09-2016 08:14 AM

Phil, Are you still expecting to release it in July? Thanks

PhilJ 06-09-2016 09:45 AM

Yes, that's the plan, but also depends on the timely release of v4.7.6, which presumably will have a lot of bug fixes. It makes sense to release the template based on that version. reBOOT will get an update also around that time.

Also, on the Bootstrap 4 version, but we'll go with whatever the latest is at the time (alpha x or whatever).

elmirage001 06-11-2016 10:10 AM

Hi Phil,

On ULTRA

Will there be the 'Featured Categories On Home Page' add on? If yes will they be in a carousel?

I intend to keep the same content on my home page since I'm currently ranked #1 on Google for my most important keyword phrase (Your suggestions a while back helped me move from #3 to #1) <-- Thank you!

No problem if no or if they are in a carousel as I can manually format. Just planning for my task list.

Will the WordPress integration still be using Alien Ship?

Thank you!

Paul

PhilJ 06-13-2016 05:17 AM

Hi Paul,
Quote:

Will there be the 'Featured Categories On Home Page' add on? If yes will they be in a carousel?
Yes, there'll be various display styles inc. carousels, I'll update the demo shortly.
Quote:

Will the WordPress integration still be using Alien Ship?
Most likely, yes (having evaluated others)

susilosaja 07-13-2016 10:55 PM

Hi, I just a took a quick look at the demo site. I'm using iphone, with Safari browser. When I clicked on "on sale" or "feature products", it won't open. Nothing happen.

PhilJ 07-14-2016 04:24 PM

Quote:

Hi, I just a took a quick look at the demo site. I'm using iphone, with Safari browser. When I clicked on "on sale" or "feature products", it won't open. Nothing happen.
Are you sure? If so, please post a ticket with a screenshot.

susilosaja 07-14-2016 08:27 PM

Just submitted the ticket. I forgot to mention in my previous post that I was looking at reboot demo.

PhilJ 07-14-2016 09:29 PM

Quote:

Just submitted the ticket. I forgot to mention in my previous post that I was looking at reboot demo.
Thanks for the report, I'll look into it. Working like a bat out of hell on Ultra at the moment.

PhilJ 07-18-2016 08:25 PM

X-Cart v4 (and v5) is alive and well.

There are tens of thousands of people using it, who make a good solid income off the back of it, be they developers or end users.

Some devs have chosen to denigrate it, but now they're getting desparate.

X-Cart will live on, whether they like it or not.

JacksmithxD 07-19-2016 01:33 AM

Quote:

X-Cart v4 (and v5) is alive and well.

There are tens of thousands of people using it, who make a good solid income off the back of it, be they developers or end users.

Some devs have chosen to denigrate it, but now they're getting desparate.

X-Cart will live on, whether they like it or not.

Agreed, I've used xcart for many years now. Very able eCommerce platform and very good to work on. It has made my clients a lot of money over the years.

It's even better when people like yourself contribute addons and fantastic themes that are VERY affordable! Not to mention the amount of help you give to users on a daily basis! 8) :mrgreen:

+1 for xcart