X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   X-Cart v4.4.2 released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=57451)

Marc Washburn 01-17-2011 01:07 PM

Re: X-Cart v4.4.2 released

Quote:

Originally Posted by parekh81
Well those small issues shouldn't really stop you from developing your site.

The problem nowadays is that, we have become greedy for features. We 'probably' don't need 70% of what x-cart package contains to sell an item on your site.

I have a site based on 4.2 and doing quite well on it. Yes there are bugs, but they never stop me from selling.

The title tag is absolutely critical for those of us that have spent many years working SEO and the SERPS. If that doesn't work, I would expect our 100+ key phrases that currently sit on the first page of Google would drop like a rock.

Not good, thats why I am hoping that either this is only a problem on the index page, or there is some kind of temporary work-around.

chamberinternet 01-17-2011 01:35 PM

Hi Marc ..

Agree, title tag is defo important for seo.
This bug affects the meta title on the homepage only...

The workaround for this can be found here:
http://bugtracker.qtmsoft.com/view.php?id=38978

Marc Washburn 01-17-2011 03:30 PM

thank you regarding the clarification of the Title Tag issue. Thankfully my shopping cart websites are all front-ended by a static pages.

So I for this this is a non-issue.

I guess I will be getting started with 4.4.2 then.

thanks everyone...looks like this release may still have some bugs, but there are no issues that would stop it from functioning well enough for a rollout.

rhu 01-17-2011 05:15 PM

Is anybody having a problem importing product images and thumbnails?

I've been trying for the past 2 hours, but I get this error message:

Access denied !

Attempt to write data to a corrupted table or a table with no fields. Try to remove X-Cart cache to solve the problem.

Error ID: 78

I ran cleanup.php and repaired all the tables via phpmyadmin, but still the same error.

Soft-Reseller.com 01-18-2011 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soft-Reseller.com
Hello

I waiting when upgrading from v4.4.1 to v4.4.2 patch will be released.

Best Regards
Soft-reseller.com

Hello

X-Cart v4.4.1 to v4.4.2 patch released.

I have upgraded and faced no problem.

My issue

http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=57453

is solved.

Regards
Soft-reseller.com

seyfin 01-18-2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chamberinternet
Agree, title tag is defo important for seo.
This bug affects the meta title on the homepage only...

The workaround for this can be found here:
http://bugtracker.qtmsoft.com/view.php?id=38978

This bug has been fixed, the bug fix will be included into the next 4.4.3 release.

The bug fix can be also downloaded from the ticket #38978, and applied to X-Cart 4.4.2 via admin back-end, installation instructions can be found here:

http://help.qtmsoft.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:FAQs#How_to_install_patches.3F
http://help.qtmsoft.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:Applying_Patches

seyfin 01-18-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhu

Access denied !

Attempt to write data to a corrupted table or a table with no fields. Try to remove X-Cart cache to solve the problem.

I ran cleanup.php and repaired all the tables via phpmyadmin, but still the same error.

Please refer to this ticket:
http://bugtracker.qtmsoft.com/view.php?id=39000

It appears your current X-Cart database is corrupted and some tables are missing or corrupted.

Please try to re-install X-Cart 4.4.2 from scratch, then import a sample CSV file in order to replicate the problem reported. Please let me know if the problem still exists.

JacksmithxD 01-18-2011 02:26 PM

8OI don't really care about features anymore, i just want a stable xCart. 8O

Sunray Sales 01-18-2011 06:32 PM

To be honest 4.4.2 should be quite stable, just apply 1-3 fixes provided from QT and you should be good to go. Most of the fixes appear to be in this thread.

If anyone sees any other problems with 4.4.2 plz post here, but it appears that all of the problems with 4.4.2 are fixed and will be apart of the 4.4.3 update.

cflsystems 01-18-2011 08:02 PM

Has anyone seen this - just upgraded a client from 4.4.1 to 4.4.2 and the link for categories in admin disappeared. It is not showing in the menu. Clean 4.4.2 install is ok.

Also a warning: QT changed some of the array elements so if after upgrade you see something doesn't work or show that may be the reason. The one I found - they changed "icon_url" to "image_path" in $categories_menu_list array

3dmallco 01-18-2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunray Sales
To be honest 4.4.2 should be quite stable, just apply 1-3 fixes provided from QT and you should be good to go. Most of the fixes appear to be in this thread.

If anyone sees any other problems with 4.4.2 plz post here, but it appears that all of the problems with 4.4.2 are fixed and will be apart of the 4.4.3 update.

Ok so if I install a fresh xcart pro 4.42
find the 3 fixes in this thread
install the fixes

then everything will work?

I done a fresh install locally on a wamp server(php, mysql), the install went fine, but then you cant add or change images for products..... pretty important basic feature

kustomrides 01-18-2011 10:49 PM

Just finished moving my test 4.4.1 to 4.4.2. One FedEx issue remains:

National FedEx Priority Overnight does not show up. Standard Overnight does. Can someone else try adding Priority Overnight and see if they get the same result?

ADDISON 01-19-2011 12:24 AM

You should report it in Bugtracker. I found also a few issues I will report them too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kustomrides
Just finished moving my test 4.4.1 to 4.4.2. One FedEx issue remains:

National FedEx Priority Overnight does not show up. Standard Overnight does. Can someone else try adding Priority Overnight and see if they get the same result?

chamberinternet 01-19-2011 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhu

Access denied !

I'm having this issue as well, but it's when I try to add an image to a category.
I have done a product import prior to this which worked ok :?

ADDISON 01-19-2011 04:28 AM

You are not the only one having this issue. Till now other two guys found it. This is a serious bug, we cannot upload images for Detailed and Magnifier. I did not check for Variants. In my opinion it could be problems in all sections we would like to upload images (Categories, Detailed, Variants, Magnifier).

So, I reported in Bugtracker (http://bugtracker.qtmsoft.com/view.php?id=39005)

Hope to get a patch soon for this.

Quote:

I'm having this issue as well, but it's when I try to add an image to a category.

chamberinternet 01-19-2011 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seyfin
This bug has been fixed, the bug fix will be included into the next 4.4.3 release.

The bug fix can be also downloaded from the ticket #38978, and applied to X-Cart 4.4.2 via admin back-end, installation instructions can be found here:

http://help.qtmsoft.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:FAQs#How_to_install_patches.3F
http://help.qtmsoft.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:Applying_Patches

Hi Seyfin,

I've applied this patch which seems to have worked and the default meta title now appears on the homepage.

However, All the products on the store also show the default meta title as well - Only if I haven't customised the 'Title tag:' in the product modify page.

If I recall in previous versions that used to display the "product title/category/store name" as defined within the "Page title format" setting

Correct me if i'm wrong on this #-o

rhu 01-19-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3dmallco
Ok so if I install a fresh xcart pro 4.42
find the 3 fixes in this thread
install the fixes

then everything will work?

I done a fresh install locally on a wamp server(php, mysql), the install went fine, but then you cant add or change images for products..... pretty important basic feature

Quote:

I reported this bug but they couldn't reciprocate it, so I thought it was something on my end... but now that I see some other people with this same problem, maybe the developers can take a more serious look?

ADDISON 01-19-2011 11:29 PM

Sergey said it is a problem with case sensitive. Really I don't understand it, why it appears now, when in v4.4.1 there were no problems uploading images.

Check this link: http://bugtracker.qtmsoft.com/view.php?id=39005

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhu
I reported this bug but they couldn't reciprocate it, so I thought it was something on my end... but now that I see some other people with this same problem, maybe the developers can take a more serious look?

seyfin 01-20-2011 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by am2003
You are not the only one having this issue. Till now other two guys found it. This is a serious bug, we cannot upload images for Detailed and Magnifier. I did not check for Variants. In my opinion it could be problems in all sections we would like to upload images (Categories, Detailed, Variants, Magnifier).

So, I reported in Bugtracker (http://bugtracker.qtmsoft.com/view.php?id=39005)

Hope to get a patch soon for this.

Please try to apply the solution provided in Bugtracker.

chamberinternet 01-20-2011 04:08 AM

Quote:

All the products on the store also show the default meta title as well - Only if I haven't customised the 'Title tag:' in the product modify page.

If I recall in previous versions that used to display the "product title/category/store name" as defined within the "Page title format" setting

Just submitted another item on the bug tracker :(
http://bugtracker.qtmsoft.com/view.php?id=39018

cflsystems 01-20-2011 04:30 AM

All this with 4.4.2? So many new bugs? Some not fixed from 4.4.1 yet... wow.
As I am still not in that phase I am not sure what the issue with the images is - I am used to the "images_m" being different then "images_M" as I use Linux for xcart. There was an issue before with xcart moving from linux to Win and vice versa because Win was renaming the tables names making them unusable in Linux (unless renamed) so maybe the new setting in xcart is to address this?

tom437 01-20-2011 06:38 AM

Quote:

Hi Seyfin,

I've applied this patch which seems to have worked and the default meta title now appears on the homepage.

However, All the products on the store also show the default meta title as well - Only if I haven't customised the 'Title tag:' in the product modify page.

So is everything working for you yet?

chamberinternet 01-20-2011 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom437
So is everything working for you yet?

Most of it ... Besides this bug which i've submitted
http://bugtracker.qtmsoft.com/view.php?id=39018

tom437 01-20-2011 06:56 AM

Where can I download this patch?

chamberinternet 01-20-2011 06:59 AM

Sorry, no patch available for it at the moment, I submitted the bug just today

tom437 01-20-2011 07:17 AM

Would it be safe, if I remove the 'Title' tag? or do I need to still keep it there?

chamberinternet 01-20-2011 07:18 AM

Suggest you leave it there until a patch is released ...

pss999 01-20-2011 08:03 AM

Anyone tried 4.4.2 with Safari under Windows? In my test installation clicking "add to cart" or "buy now" doesn't work (just goes into cart where cart is still empty). Everything is working fine with IE, FF and Chrome. I'm using fast-lane checkout. It seems to work on the x-cart test site, but they have one-page checkout enabled so I'm not sure if that's the difference or not...

Paul

cflsystems 01-20-2011 09:21 AM

Works for me just fine - Safari 5.0

pss999 01-20-2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflsystems
Works for me just fine - Safari 5.0

I think I've figured out that it's a cookie problem because my dev site is only via IP address (no domain name). Cookies seem to be set with a leading dot, which is confusing safari (in other words, a cookie for 128.1.1.1 is being sent/recorded as .128.1.1.1) and which prevents it being used properly by Safari. So I assume the problem will go away when I move to a domain name.

Marc Washburn 01-20-2011 11:59 AM

It would be nice if the x-cart development team could release a quick 4.4.3 with only the critical patches needed to operate the shopping cart smoothly.

Maybe something in 2-3 weeks instead of the usual 4-12 weeks would be fantastic.

Then focus 4.4.4 on the other smaller problems...

ADDISON 01-20-2011 12:06 PM

@Marc - I agree you. It is not a shame going back in time to versions like 4.1 with lots of releases. Step by step, versions like 4.1 became milestones. The most important thing is having no issues. Then we can add some functionality and our days features. If v4.4.10 will be final, it is not a problem that last number. This gives time to XC5 to come on the scene in a good shape.

Sparks 01-20-2011 02:31 PM

What is everyone saying the general consensus is at the moment with regards to installing this? Is it a viable update or best wait till a few more bugs have been sorted?

kustomrides 01-20-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparks
What is everyone saying the general consensus is at the moment with regards to installing this? Is it a viable update or best wait till a few more bugs have been sorted?

Well I'm about done with the long process from 4.1.9 to 4.4.2 (still testing) and the positives outweigh the negs. Site is faster, more options.

Right now the "clean URL" thing isn't all that. But I'm probably better off upgrading to CDSEO Pro anyway.

Boyd 01-20-2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhu

Access denied !

I've been getting this error on a fresh install (downloaded only a couple of hours ago). Don't have time to debug it, downgrading now to 4.4.1.

A bit disappointing.

rhu 01-20-2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boyd
I've been getting this error on a fresh install (downloaded only a couple of hours ago). Don't have time to debug it, downgrading now to 4.4.1.

A bit disappointing.

That issue was resolved with a patch. Personally I had to apply the patch manually, but it's fixed nevertheless.

You can find the patch here:
http://bugtracker.qtmsoft.com/view.php?id=39005

I'm still having a problem with they Fly Out Menus though - when you enable that module and have JS speedup on, the categories disappear on me.

Boyd 01-20-2011 06:08 PM

Yea, that patch file is incorrect. Regardless, applied manually and the error appears to have been fixed.

seyfin 01-21-2011 05:12 AM

Quote:

http://help.qtmsoft.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:FAQs#How_to_change_my_site_title_appearing_in _the_customer_front-end.3F

rhu 01-22-2011 06:43 AM

Tried looking for the upgrade patches.. are they available yet?

I'm trying to upgrade db from 4.3.0 to 4.4.2

tom437 01-22-2011 07:00 AM

Quote:

Hi Seyfin,

Hey,

Did you try whatever Sergey posted yet?

Let me know if it work.
Tom