X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   f-Commerce Go has been released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=62931)

soldatov 03-29-2012 10:53 PM

Re: f-Commerce Go has been released

Quote:

Originally Posted by heather@MX1
EDITED: I traced the thumb image not showing to the fact that it seems to be called as https rather than http - when I edit it using firebug to http the image shows up. I just don't know where I would fix this? There's still the problem with the "details" button not showing either.

Try to change the assigned store URL in connector (apps.facebook.com/f-commerce-go) from "HTTPS" to "HTTP". Or install a valid SSL to your server and use HTTPS.

If the issue still exists, please provide me with your store URL, I'll try to sort this out from my side.

heather@MX1 03-30-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skot
Try to change the assigned store URL in connector (apps.facebook.com/f-commerce-go) from "HTTPS" to "HTTP". Or install a valid SSL to your server and use HTTPS.

If the issue still exists, please provide me with your store URL, I'll try to sort this out from my side.

Hi Konstantin, when I go to apps.facebook.com/f-commerce-go I get the message: "Unfortunately, you have no more pages that can be connected" and there are no other options other than documentation, Facebook Profile ID, etc.

I do have a valid SSL installed. I've had it for over 2 years now. However, when I upgraded to 4.4.4 I had an issue with HTTPS which a few other users on the forum experienced as well. But that was sorted out, so not sure why this issue. My store is www.mx1canada.com

thanks

soldatov 04-02-2012 05:34 AM

to heather@MX1:
Thank you for the information.

Quote:

Hi Konstantin, when I go to apps.facebook.com/f-commerce-go I get the message: "[size=2]Unfortunately, you have no more pages that can be connected" and there are no other options other than documentation, Facebook Profile ID, etc.

It's uncommon because connector should show you a pages list under the "The pages where products tab is already added" header.
Did you enter a clean URL, without the "?show_steps=Y" parameter, just https://apps.facebook.com/f-commerce-go/?
However, I've chnaged your site URL from HTTPS to HTTP in the connector database. Please, check how thumbnails are showing now.

Quote:

I do have a valid SSL installed. I've had it for over 2 years now. However, when I upgraded to 4.4.4 I had an issue with HTTPS which a few other users on the forum experienced as well. But that was sorted out, so not sure why this issue.

As for the HTTPS issue, I'd recommend you to contact with our support team since that can be related to the default X-Cart functionality.

heather@MX1 04-02-2012 09:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
thanks Konstantin, thumbs are now showing up. Just 1 other issue now is the "details" button. It's just an orange block (see screenshot).

Also, if I contact support it is my understanding that I would be required to purchase a block of time upfront. I'm not prepared to do this, especially if its a known issue with xcart.

Question: if we choose the free version, are we able to control the css - for example it seems to be pulling the short description of the item and in my case quite a few have bullet lists which do not show up on the fb page. It shows up as 1 long paragraph. I use a custom skin which is calls a different css other than stock xcart, is this why it appears different in fb?

soldatov 04-03-2012 01:57 AM

Quote:

Just 1 other issue now is the "details" button. It's just an orange block (see screenshot).

This is the "lbl_details" language variable. Check your web-store admin side to be sure that this variable is not empty.
Also you can add your own one instead of that. Just open the "%xcart_root%/modules/fCommerce_Go/shop.php", find the line #179 and change the 'lbl_details' variable name to yours created especially for that button title.

Quote:

Question: if we choose the free version, are we able to control the css - for example it seems to be pulling the short description of the item and in my case quite a few have bullet lists which do not show up on the fb page. It shows up as 1 long paragraph. I use a custom skin which is calls a different css other than stock xcart, is this why it appears different in fb?

Thank you for noticed that issue with the HTML tags in a product description. We've corrected the Basic version.
As for the custom CSS code, it is available in the Silver version. There is the "%xcart_root%/files/fcommerce_skin.css" stylesheet where the default fCommerce styles can be overlapped by custom ones.
For the Basic version users, they can only control CSS within the products descriptions.

dnelson.upsco 04-03-2012 06:32 AM

So i installed this thing and my products do not show at all on my products tab. it recognizes when my store is open or closed, but thats it, any help ?

soldatov 04-03-2012 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnelson.upsco
So i installed this thing and my products do not show at all on my products tab. it recognizes when my store is open or closed, but thats it, any help ?

The "Basic" version shows the root featured products of your store. I mean those featured products which are showing on the home-page of your store.
Just open the admin side of your store, follow to the page %www.yourstore.com%/admin/categories.php and scroll down. Then find the "Featured products" section and add a products there.

dnelson.upsco 04-03-2012 07:38 AM

I have to add each product one by one? Another "User-Friendly" feature, awesome!

Ene 04-03-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnelson.upsco
I have to add each product one by one? Another "User-Friendly" feature, awesome!

Yes, you should add your featured products manually. Well, they're featured, not random, right?

heather@MX1 04-03-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skot
For the Basic version users, they can only control CSS within the products descriptions.

ok, I see that the product description now appears "somewhat" properly - I say somewhat because I use a custom bullet class in my product descriptions so I guess this is why the bullets still don't show (?), however it is breaking the description up into a list so it looks better than it did.

thanks for clarifying that