X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Phone Ordering? (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=11159)

ETInteractive.com 01-04-2005 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustang
Quote:

Originally Posted by ETInteractive.com
I got someone who is interested too.

Assumedly this interface would provide a single line text box to enter a sku for rapid product selecting.

possible barcode scanning:
When the focus is in this box (which I would expect it to automatically be), swipe the code and the sku will automatically appear in the textbox.

The sku field would be good for quick product lookups during the order entry phase. However I'm not sure if the barcode scanning would be tied to the order entry phase. Wouldn't that be part be best positioned on the fullfillment end of things during picking and packing to assure the ordered items make it into the shipping box?

This would be for a POS when the customer is standing right there. waiting to checkout. The barcode scanner would be necessary for a fast checkout process.

mustang 01-04-2005 07:52 AM

Quote:

This would be for a POS when the customer is standing right there. waiting to checkout. The barcode scanner would be necessary for a fast checkout process.

OK...I was still thinking towards phone orders! :) Great idea for POS situation.

ETInteractive.com 01-04-2005 07:54 AM

yea, your right, topic says phone ordering.

just figured we could take it a step further. and get 2 birds with Boomer's stone 8)

e1front 01-04-2005 08:02 AM

I am willing to contribute as well
but this should be a complete mod

this is how i think it should be

1- admin clicks "make phone order" link under search orders
2- admin select an existing customer from a list or creates a new one
3- admin decides what payment mehod of order it is from a drop down menu
[credit card order / check / no money ..]

4- admin select products and add it to cart and add any coupons
[the 3 checkout steps ... select customer / select payment / submit ]

5- if credit card, admin enters credit info on next screen
and order is charged

6- order is marked processed and marked as phone order to be searched later on ..

hooter 01-04-2005 08:31 AM

I'm in 8)

If I think of more "wishlist" features other than those already mentioned I'll be sure to chime in.

markwhoo 01-04-2005 10:51 AM

Quote:

Does anyone here use their website to manually enter phone orders now? Do you run the order through the website just as you were the client making a purchase on your site? If so, what's the simplest way to make sure cookies are clear so that orders are not placed under the wrong user?

I have done such multiple times.

Never really thought about the cookie thing tho, and it has never happened to me so far.

Luck? Who knows...

markwhoo 01-04-2005 10:54 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I got someone who is interested too.

Assumedly this interface would provide a single line text box to enter a sku for rapid product selecting.

possible barcode scanning:
When the focus is in this box (which I would expect it to automatically be), swipe the code and the sku will automatically appear in the textbox.

The sku field would be good for quick product lookups during the order entry phase. However I'm not sure if the barcode scanning would be tied to the order entry phase. Wouldn't that be part be best positioned on the fullfillment end of things during picking and packing to assure the ordered items make it into the shipping box?

I am not an expert coder, but I am not sure if thie barcode issue would be feasable at this time. Isn't that entirely too complicated for this type of Phone or POS mod?

Doesn't it require some major backend coding for scanners to work properly?

Maybe I am wrong here, maybe it is totally simple, looks like it is a tough road to go though to add scanners. :?

Rplantz 01-04-2005 08:09 PM

Count me in as well....

Rich

CenturyPerf 01-04-2005 09:38 PM

I'm VERY interested

delphi 01-05-2005 11:12 AM

To summary the wish features, this is what we want:

Delphi Wrote:
Quote:

Fulfillment staff be able to login admin area to make purchase
Fulfillment staff be able to add products to cart from admin area
Fulfillment staff beable to input customer info such as (Billing info and shipping info)
Calculate shipping rate
Process orders
Over write price

Mustang wrote:
Quote:

Ability to lookup customer info (from the order page) to see if they are already in the store's customer database.
Ability to edit the price of an item in the order (the store's offline catalog may have different pricing).
An added field to enter a surcharge for manual orders.

ETInteractive.com Wrote:
Quote:

Assumedly this interface would provide a single line text box to enter a sku for rapid product selecting

E1Front wrote:
Quote:

1- admin clicks "make phone order" link under search orders
2- admin select an existing customer from a list or creates a new one
3- admin decides what payment mehod of order it is from a drop down menu
[credit card order / check / no money ..]

4- admin select products and add it to cart and add any coupons
[the 3 checkout steps ... select customer / select payment / submit ]

5- if credit card, admin enters credit info on next screen
and order is charged

6- order is marked processed and marked as phone order to be searched later on ..

and Boomer Wrote:
Quote:

I'd be willing to take on such, Just need a specs, requirement sheet as far as what features (Realistic ones) a phone sales rep. would need

Boomer, can you handle this? What's the time frame, what's the price?