X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=64575)

MfromG 03-10-2015 11:00 AM

Re: CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikitaP
Hi,

Thank your for clarifications, I understand your point. The thing is, X-Cart itself works in such a way that it does not preserve search query in a URL, but instead it stores it in user's session.

For example, if you search something on our demo, the URL does not have search query it is just http://demo.x-cart.com/demo/search.php?mode=search&page=1

However there is "This page URL" at the bottom of the page which contains all the navigational parameters including the search substring.

I completely agree with you that copy-and-paste URL behavior is quite natural and should be supported. However this is more of a general X-Cart question rather than CloudSearch.

Thanks for the answer. Hopefully this will be looked at in the future by X-Cart, the likelihood of someone using that Page URL link at the bottom and pasting that to a forum or email is probably unlikely. Heck, I didn't even know that was there!

xtech 03-11-2015 01:59 AM

Quote:

Hi,

We have checked your module installation and it appeared that the module was not correctly installed. In order to modify standard X-Cart search, CloudSearch installer patches include/search.php. The file on your installation is not patched. The reason for that can be insufficient access rights for the php process during the installation.

I suggest you to re-install the module and pay attention to the last installation step especially. If there are any issues, the installer should display them.

Please let me know whether this helps.

I have provided the cloud search updated module after we have run install-cloudsearch.php and installations was successful.No error occurs.
Now you told CloudSearch installer patches include/search.php.Can I email you the include/search.php .Please share your email id or please look into the issue in the ticket.

By the way can you please send me details about-"pay attention to the last installation step especially. If there are any issues,the installer should display them.
I personally request you to look into this matter in our server.I have paid monthly subscriptions for cloud serach and default cloud search was already installed in 4.6.1 Platinum.If there exist any update version and in update version if you solve any preexisting bug then appropriate file should be provided.

Kindly solve the matter.

Thanks,
xtech

NikitaP 03-11-2015 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtech
I have provided the cloud search updated module after we have run install-cloudsearch.php and installations was successful.No error occurs.
Now you told CloudSearch installer patches include/search.php.Can I email you the include/search.php .Please share your email id or please look into the issue in the ticket.

By the way can you please send me details about-"pay attention to the last installation step especially. If there are any issues,the installer should display them.
I personally request you to look into this matter in our server.I have paid monthly subscriptions for cloud serach and default cloud search was already installed in 4.6.1 Platinum.If there exist any update version and in update version if you solve any preexisting bug then appropriate file should be provided.

Kindly solve the matter.

Thanks,
xtech

Hi,

We have patched your include/search.php manually. It works fine now. Please try it.

xtech 03-11-2015 03:36 AM

Quote:

Hi,

We have patched your include/search.php manually. It works fine now. Please try it.

Thank you very much.

matt2005 03-29-2015 09:20 AM

What is the difference between 1.3.4 and 1.3.5? I have XC 4.1.12 and the version in the

cloudsearch-xcart-4.1.x-4.3.x.tar
is v1.3.4

and the version in the
cloudsearch-xcart-4.4.x-4.6.x.tar

is 1.3.5.

NikitaP 04-16-2015 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt2005
What is the difference between 1.3.4 and 1.3.5? I have XC 4.1.12 and the version in the

cloudsearch-xcart-4.1.x-4.3.x.tar
is v1.3.4

and the version in the
cloudsearch-xcart-4.4.x-4.6.x.tar

is 1.3.5.

Hello,

1.3.5 contains specific fixes for newer versions of X-Cart.

http://forum.x-cart.com/showpost.php?p=376914&postcount=229

BBM_ 06-18-2015 02:12 AM

Hi Nikita,

Can you please advise when cloudSearch for 4.7 will be released?

Thanks in advance.

mcanitano 07-23-2015 05:44 AM

We are loving our CloudSearch module, but we have one complaint, search by Product SKU works great, but search by Product VARIANT SKU is currently not included. This is a big let down, because if a customer is looking for a certain item (which happens to be a variant), and searches by part #, they most likely won't find the item if they search by the full variant part #/sku.

A patch to allow variant sku's to be searchable would be great, or if the new CloudSearch update supports 4.5.x that will be equally as helpful.

Dmitri 08-28-2015 03:28 AM

Hello
Why does CloudSearch not indexing/searching data in Keyword Search field of a product?
Anything can be changed about that in settings or custom configured?

mcanitano 09-02-2015 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmitri
Hello
Why does CloudSearch not indexing/searching data in Keyword Search field of a product?
Anything can be changed about that in settings or custom configured?

Dmitri we asked the same question and were told Cloudsearch does not support the Keyword Search field. This is unfortunate and we wish it did, because customizing search via the product field would be very helpful!

(Then we can create foreach loops for product SKU's and populate fields easier, rather than using the 'Synonym' Cloudsearch function).