X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   X-Cart 4.1.4 released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=27213)

josebueso 12-11-2006 02:46 AM

Re: X-Cart 4.1.4 released

Hello.

Google checkout not working in Xcart 4.1.4 installed a fresh copy.

Error
Cannot redirect to Google Checkout server. Please try again later.

Also UPS is not working

Warning: md5() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/uncibue0/public_html/shipping/mod_UPS.php on line 347

I have disable Md5 Security mode but still generate this error.

Is this a bug? or I'm doing something wrong I did not have any problem with xcart 4.1.3 I should keep using that version.

Blessing

Jose.

svowl 12-11-2006 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by josebueso
Hello.

Google checkout not working in Xcart 4.1.4 installed a fresh copy.

Error
Cannot redirect to Google Checkout server. Please try again later.

Please, log in to your Google Checkout merchant account and check the error message you received from Google:
https://sandbox.google.com/sell/settings?section=Integration
(I suppose you have already read the manual (http://www.x-cart.com/xcart_manual/online/index.html?google_checkout.htm) and the help notes on the General settings/Google Checkout options page)

Quote:

Originally Posted by josebueso
Also UPS is not working

Warning: md5() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/uncibue0/public_html/shipping/mod_UPS.php on line 347

I have disable Md5 Security mode but still generate this error.

Is this a bug? or I'm doing something wrong I did not have any problem with xcart 4.1.3 I should keep using that version.

Blessing

Jose.

Post this to the Bugs & Fixes, please.
Thank you.

Alltribes 12-11-2006 05:10 AM

Has anyone gotten the USPS shipping labels to work? I keep getting errors when trying to download the labels in step 2:

ExpressMail 1: An unexpected system error has occurred. Please try again later or contact the System Administrator.
ExpressMail 2: An unexpected system error has occurred. Please try again later or contact the System Administrator.

just wondering 12-11-2006 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svowl
Changelog between 4.1.3 and 4.1.4 final release attached.

Does this mean X-Cart class it as a Stable Release?

carpeperdiem 12-11-2006 06:37 AM

No -- it just means that 4.1.4 has been released as a complete package.

My initial once around the block with it tell me that 4.1.4 has some problems - I am guessing that there will be some changes coming...

make sure you are backed up 100% and are ready to restore to .3 if you have issues (as I did)

just wondering 12-11-2006 06:40 AM

We are copying the whole folder where X-Cart 'lives' to another folder on our Server. If all goes well, fine. If not, we've still got our untouched 4.1.3 to use until the problems on .4 are sorted.

Thanks. :)

Jonathan501 12-11-2006 08:26 AM

How many of you guys are using this as a live store?
Sounds kinda risky if you ask me.

Newpowerr 12-11-2006 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newpowerr
Here the same problem,
in FF 1.5.X / 2.0 I can not login on admin and on frontend, with IE 6/7 it works (but slow)

After some comparing, the login problems seem to be in the include/login.php.
When upgraded/upgrading or new installs, replace the new login.php with the older 4.1.3 version login.php, logging in is a piece of cake...

starwest 12-11-2006 09:44 AM

Have previous releases been this problematic instantaneously? It seems like v4.1.4 has a lot of problems (tons of login issues, ups label issues, problems installing on virgin v4.1.3 installs) that shouldn't be there.

Should we expect a v4.1.5 soon?

Jonathan501 12-11-2006 09:53 AM

I would expect 4.1.5 to come real soon! No they haven't been that bad from my experience.
That's why I posted that question. Most releases, though they don't recommend it, could be ran in the real world. It was odd to see so many post so fast on 4.1.4. It got my attention.

Starwest, are you running 4.1.3 live?

starwest 12-11-2006 09:59 AM

Not live, yet. But planned on going live with it and haven't noticed any major issues while testing with our products and such over the last 2 months. My site is under development right now, and before we begin the heavy customization I'd love to be on the latest possible version, especially because this update actually has a few very nice features that I was looking forward to - the form protection, UPS shipping labels, and possibly Google Checkout if there is a demand for it.

I'm just hoping v4.1.5 hits soon - either that, or I start seeing some posts that the fixes needed to make v4.1.4 operate up to par are easy to implement.

kabam 12-11-2006 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan501
I would expect 4.1.5 to come real soon! No they haven't been that bad from my experience.
That's why I posted that question. Most releases, though they don't recommend it, could be ran in the real world. It was odd to see so many post so fast on 4.1.4. It got my attention.

Starwest, are you running 4.1.3 live?

I think the problem may be that many of us (especially newer users) are assuming that 4.1.3+ is the current and therefore preferred branch. Especially since the 4.1 branch is being used for the X-Cart demo and the 4.0 branch the will not (as far as I know) work on my server due to MySQL 5.0, etc. For me to have completed 2 projects using the 4.1 branch and then have people saying "my God, your not actually USING that one are you?" when I've heard everything but that from X-cart is frankly a little disturbing.

Jonathan501 12-11-2006 10:09 AM

I read a lot of the 4.1.3 post and felt comfortable using that in the real world for some reason. I have a new site I want to develop and I love the features in 4.1.x. As long as problems are on the admin side and not on the customer side I have no problem running 4.1.3. After all, we make our money from the customer's experience on our sites.

I don't want to develop this new site on 4.0.19 then have to upgrade. NOT fun! I have one on an older branch that's mod'd and to upgrade will be a pain in the butt!

nevets1219 12-11-2006 10:40 AM

I think one of the reasons some files which were untouched but non-upgradeable were because of the way it was uploaded or handled. Something like the way a tab or end-line is represented on different OS. At least that was something I ran into on other upgrades.

Jonathan501 12-11-2006 12:49 PM

Holy crap 4.1.4 is the devil. LMAO!

aslater 12-11-2006 01:11 PM

I done a fresh install of 4.1.4 on a test site and came accross a problem when adding products in admin.

There is a yellow warning triangle in the bottom left of the screen telling me the page has loaded but has errors and found the WYSIWYG editor does not work.

Anyone else having this on a fresh install

Jonathan501 12-11-2006 01:13 PM

My fresh install went nuts and wouldn't work properly. Including no setting cookies properly. I am going to play with that thing some more this evening to see if I can debug some of it.

kustomrides 12-11-2006 01:53 PM

I am testing fresh installs of both 4.1.3 and 4.1.4

On 4.1.4 anonymous checkout is not allowed. On 4.1.3 it is allowed if checked.

Neither version can import products from the 4.0 branch

I am using both 4.1 versions on Firefox without browser problems. I find no login issues on either version, as far as reported delays.

The anonymous checkout is important ... anyone know how to fix?

[p.s. Using SQL5 on the 4.1 branch, sql4 on 4.0.18]

[EDIT: Nevermind ... Anonymous Checkout is disabled when FastLane Checkout is selected. If you unselect FastLane Checkout (and do not deselect Anon Chkout), then Anon Checkout is allowed. So this means that FastLane checkout for some reason disables Anon Checkout.)

denlem 12-11-2006 03:28 PM

I think X-Cart put TOO MUCH into this release. It's been over 3 months since 4.1.3 was released. The change log goes on and on and even the 'fixes' and 'improvments' can go bad. Maybe i'm wrong, but I think there should be more frequent releases, especially while things are still unstable.

carpeperdiem 12-11-2006 04:12 PM

I couldn't agree MORE!

I noticed fixes that x-cart did for me as 4.1.3 bugs, and then they totally re-wrote a file -- so now I have to choose between a file that was buggy, then they made it work perfectly (such as sales tax calculation) - vs. trying out 4.1.4 which may or may not work correctly.

After the login issue, I am afraid to go back to .4 without someone fom x-cart telling us how they plan on making this right.

Too many fixes -- and did anyone notice fixes for the fixes?

OF COURSE this is complicated code... OF COURSE it's hard. OF COURSE we appreciate the work... but in most businesses, customers pay for results, not attempts.

The amount of code difference from .3 to .4 leads me to believe that .3 was a mess -- even though it works (after bug fixes).

I would love to hear from someone who had a store in 4.1.3 that successfully took it to 4.1.4 -- PM me with your URL. I want to login to your store and see if it's as slow as mine was when i tested it out, with your permission.

jasonroy 12-12-2006 07:38 AM

I tried to upgrade from 4.1.3. It wouldnt patch func.core.php or the mysql db. I ended up just reverting back to 4.1.3 with my backups and saying screw it for now.

kustomrides 12-12-2006 12:15 PM

Hmm. On a fresh install of 4.1.4 I am unable to modify or add products, with this error:

INVALID SQL: 1146 : Table 'kustomrides_[database].product_shipping' doesn't exist
SQL QUERY FAILURE:select xcart_shipping.shippingid, shipping, product_shipping.shippingid as prod_shippingid, productid from xcart_shipping left join product_shipping using (shippingid) where productid=''

But what I did was export "product_shipping" sql file from 4.1.3, then imported it into 4.1.4 database. That solved the problem.

When adding a product, I noticed that I can establish shipping-per-product methods ... something I could only do in 4.0.18 with BCE's module. So I LIKE that! (unless it was something I tweaked when trying to add their module to 4.1.4 ... ?)

Anyway, still testing.

starwest 12-12-2006 05:21 PM

Anyone know if the shipping label integration is only for shipping, or if it is also integrated with returns? The demo of v4.1.4 has this module turned off so I cannot test it out.

svowl 12-12-2006 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alltribes
Has anyone gotten the USPS shipping labels to work? I keep getting errors when trying to download the labels in step 2:

ExpressMail 1: An unexpected system error has occurred. Please try again later or contact the System Administrator.
ExpressMail 2: An unexpected system error has occurred. Please try again later or contact the System Administrator.

Judging by the error message, the problem is on the USPS side. After a number of attempts to find a solution for this issue and contacting the USPS support several times, we only got this reply:

"Thank you for contacting us. We are aware of the issue with this test request."

So, I can only assume the issue will be fixed some time.

svowl 12-12-2006 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starwest
Anyone know if the shipping label integration is only for shipping, or if it is also integrated with returns? The demo of v4.1.4 has this module turned off so I cannot test it out.

The module Shipping Label Generator is for gathering shipping labels from USPS (TIFF or PDF) and UPS (via UPS Worldship software). It is not integrated with returns.

svowl 12-12-2006 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kustomrides
Hmm. On a fresh install of 4.1.4 I am unable to modify or add products, with this error:

INVALID SQL: 1146 : Table 'kustomrides_[database].product_shipping' doesn't exist
SQL QUERY FAILURE:select xcart_shipping.shippingid, shipping, product_shipping.shippingid as prod_shippingid, productid from xcart_shipping left join product_shipping using (shippingid) where productid=''

It seems you have some customization as there is no table 'product_shipping' in the default X-Cart database.

svowl 12-12-2006 10:08 PM

Quote:

[EDIT: Nevermind ... Anonymous Checkout is disabled when FastLane Checkout is selected. If you unselect FastLane Checkout (and do not deselect Anon Chkout), then Anon Checkout is allowed. So this means that FastLane checkout for some reason disables Anon Checkout.)

Anonymous checkout does not depend on Fast Lane Checkout module status. Make sure the option checkbox 'Disable anonymous checkout' on the General settings/General options page is unselected.

Jonathan501 12-12-2006 10:15 PM

Ok I got it to install. Love it so far except I can't log into the admin with Firefox. IE logs in fine. But Firefox is redirected to the login screen in admin.

The customer section so far is working well on both IE and Firefox.

BUT! This I can say this, MAN this cart is fast!

svowl 12-12-2006 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan501
Ok I got it to install. Love it so far except I can't log into the admin with Firefox. IE logs in fine. But Firefox is redirected to the login screen in admin.

The customer section so far is working well on both IE and Firefox.

BUT! This I can say this, MAN this cart is fast!

It seems we identified the issue, but the conditions for reproducing it are somewhat specific...
Can you please PM me providing the URL and login/password to the admin area if it is accessible from the web and if you do not mind us investigating the problem on your site?

svowl 12-12-2006 11:52 PM

Regarding all the complaints about upgrading...
Upgrading is a complex operation, which cannot be performed without additional adjustments if the X-Cart store being upgraded contains some customized files that are affected by the patch. Even if you have a fresh 4.1.3 you can get some difficulties because of issues that might arise while unpacking the upgrade patch (e.g. see http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?p=148672#post148672).
All I can advise here is follow the instructions in the README file of the upgrade pack very carefully. If, nevertheless, you cannot do the upgrade, contact our support team.

Thank you.

Newpowerr 12-13-2006 01:09 AM

And the language selector is also not working, it is redirectoing to home.php?reffer=...... The solution is to delete "(strpos($http_location, $HTTP_REFERER) !== 1 && strpos($https_location, $HTTP_REFERER) !== 1)" from get_language.php

It is also a strange code

$http_location = http://www.website.com/
$HTTP_REFERER = http://www.website.com/product.php?productid=49&cat=3&page=1

$HTTP_REFERER should be found in $http_location .... I think the other way around..

Jonathan501 12-13-2006 06:53 AM

Quote:

It seems we identified the issue, but the conditions for reproducing it are somewhat specific...
Can you please PM me providing the URL and login/password to the admin area if it is accessible from the web and if you do not mind us investigating the problem on your site?

Sure! Check it out!

Alltribes 12-13-2006 07:26 AM

Quote:

Judging by the error message, the problem is on the USPS side. After a number of attempts to find a solution for this issue and contacting the USPS support several times, we only got this reply:

"Thank you for contacting us. We are aware of the issue with this test request."

So, I can only assume the issue will be fixed some time.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep trying.

tntdesigns 12-13-2006 08:14 AM

OK I have had all the problems are listed and here a new one.
I think I'm missing a Languages txt for image Verifacation and shipping Label Generator
All I have is maker were it needs to be.
Wow hard upgrade

big pine kenny 12-13-2006 08:42 AM

I didn't have any luck installing the new release so I desided to let them do it for me. Everything is working fine with no problems other than the test shipping labels. I haven't tried the shipping on live mode yet.

kustomrides 12-13-2006 05:00 PM

Another issue I came across is Google Checkout:

If enabled, 4.1.4 requires that realtime shipping calc be disabled. If this is done, I get 0 shipping charge fed to Google (and 0 shipping for regular checkout). If I don't diasable realtime shipping, I get 0 shipping fed to Google. If I check Intershipper calculation service instead and don't have an account, I get 0 shipping fed to Google.

This is on a fresh install of 4.1.4, so it seems that the Google Checkout function is worthless, unless it works for those with a Intershipper account (which charges by month and per transaction ).

Of course, MagneticOne's module never worked either on Google Checkout. Could be Goog is the bad part of the formula here.

kustomrides 12-13-2006 08:00 PM

Quote:

Anonymous checkout does not depend on Fast Lane Checkout module status. Make sure the option checkbox 'Disable anonymous checkout' on the General settings/General options page is unselected.

When I select Fastlane Checkout, then Anonymous checkout is disabled (even though it is enabled)... this on a fresh install of 4.1.4

svowl 12-13-2006 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tntdesigns
OK I have had all the problems are listed and here a new one.
I think I'm missing a Languages txt for image Verifacation and shipping Label Generator
All I have is maker were it needs to be.
Wow hard upgrade

Clean up the xcart/var/templates_c/ directory and try again. If these labels in your database, you will see them.

svowl 12-13-2006 10:24 PM

Quote:

Another issue I came across is Google Checkout

Answered here: http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?p=152969#post152969

svowl 12-13-2006 10:34 PM

Quote:

When I select Fastlane Checkout, then Anonymous checkout is disabled (even though it is enabled)... this on a fresh install of 4.1.4

Anonymous checkout allows customers not to enter a username and a password on the first step of checkout. Do you mean that on your site with enabled Fast Lane Checkout a customer was forced to complete these fields?