X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Xcart 3.5.1 Released With Upgrade Kits + Changelog (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=5431)

Courage 12-04-2003 04:15 AM

Ok, updated...
Now problems

Those are new.
My CSS is not loaded ok.

<link rel="stylesheet" href="{$SkinDir}/{#CSSFile#}">

Rezult:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="//skin1/skin1.css">

No colors or images can be loaded :(===========
Well.. i'm back to 3.5.0
No more experimenting until stable 3.5.1

shan 12-04-2003 05:13 AM

I also noticed that in the sql files the comment tags are written as this

Code:

--
-- Dumping data for table 'xcart_categories'
--

instead of

Code:

#
# Dumping data for table 'xcart_categories'
#

causes a few problems in phpmyadmin sometimes

leon 12-04-2003 06:16 AM

Why are the versions so buggy, I know that they are development versions but they should be tested by the xcart team first throughly before posted, I like to use stable stuff, like 3.4.10, although I like the new goodies in 3.5.0 pack, I dont like to feel like a guinee pig.

shan 12-04-2003 10:22 AM

You have two choices

1 - wait an extra few months while the whole thing is tested inside out and so has very few bugs left.

2 - use the stable version for your live store and use the new version with your fingers crossed today

Its the nature of the beast when it comes to software / programming etc.

leon 12-04-2003 06:45 PM

Well, thank you for pointing this out. I prefer to use the stable version for now, since Im new to Xcart. When I have more knowledge about the system I will start using development editions.

Thanx

Sembroidery 12-05-2003 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leon
I prefer to use the stable version for now, since Im new to Xcart. When I have more knowledge about the system I will start using development editions.

I'd rather do this as well BUT I noticed a major difference in the way names for the HTML catalog pages are generated in 3.5.1 as compared to v3.4.9. So, if you stay with the older version and with time your HTML catalog pages get (hopefully) indexed by search engines , then if you switch to the new version you'll have static HTML pages with totally changed names. And this puts you back to square 1 ...

leon 12-05-2003 07:49 PM

Well you are right at that, I also prefer the new version since it has new and interesting features, but I am tired of battling with it for the moment, too buggy and I am just starting to understand it, maybe in another 2-3 months I can handle bugs myself.

Courage 12-07-2003 01:57 AM

Ok, nice, this is 3.5.1 but anyone can upgrade to 3.5.1 or you only distribute this version for fun ?

I have 3.5.0 the upgrade process ws ~ OK, but see my previous post !

The path for css & images is wrong !

leon 12-08-2003 01:47 AM

I'm already on 3.4.10 very stable, but I'm also going to see how 3.5.x evolves.

DataViking 12-11-2003 05:28 PM

I'm in 3.5.1 and I'm happy.
the upgrade was a pain but i'm happy now :? :o