X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   X-Payments 1.0 beta5 announcement (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=53981)

cflsystems 07-01-2010 07:21 AM

Re: X-Payments 1.0 beta5 announcement

So can someone clarify for US existing merchants - is it 7/1/2010 or 7/1/2012? The way I read it our (US) dead line passed today

Emerson 07-01-2010 07:29 AM

It is today.

cflsystems 07-01-2010 07:37 AM

wonderful... :(

EN4U 07-01-2010 08:08 AM

Too further confirm it is today. When I heard this news this morn, I posted in my Miva forum to get there take on it. Now we are all compliant over there on that end, but i just wanted to tell them what appears to be another final deadline.

The owner of the company stated to us

"Our auditor just confirmed this is for International and doesn't supersede the US and Canadian rules."

So there you have it... Let Armageddon commence.

ambal 07-01-2010 10:10 AM

> So can someone clarify for US existing merchants - is it 7/1/2010
> or 7/1/2012? The way I read it our (US) dead line passed today

It is 7/1/2010, i.e today for USA and Canada.

I am sorry for misleading all you guys this morning.

kulture 07-01-2010 12:21 PM

So basically the UK (and europe and the rest of the world) have 2 more years to play. Unless their merchant provider decides (as they are entitled to) to advance that deadline.

finestshops 07-01-2010 02:19 PM

Guys,

Is it true about requirement to have PCI compliant X-payments on a server separated from non-PCI compliant software as X-cart by a firewall? I saw that in a couple of places while researching the subject. This will actually make it easy for merchants to comply - we are preparing a set of servers with PHP 5.3 and only X-Payments accounts on them, nothing else, which will satisfy the requirement of removing all drivers and software not related to payment processing from the server doing that. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

dmr8448 07-01-2010 02:19 PM

Sorry if this has been covered already but it seems liek there are so many thing going on with this.

So is installing X-Payments the only way to make the x-cart compliant?

Does x-cart plan to make their actual cart compliant without us having to install this additional program?

Why is the X-payments not built into the latest version of x-cart?

Emerson 07-01-2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 27stars
Guys,

Is it true about requirement to have PCI compliant X-payments on a server separated from non-PCI compliant software as X-cart by a firewall? I saw that in a couple of places while researching the subject. This will actually make it easy for merchants to comply - we are preparing a set of servers with PHP 5.3 and only X-Payments accounts on them, nothing else, which will satisfy the requirement of removing all drivers and software not related to payment processing from the server doing that. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

That is not true that you must have it on a separate server.
We here at EWD as well as BCSE are offering a service to host X-Payments only.
This is to help those that can not upgrade to a server with PHP 5.3 at this time. As you may know a lot of scripts will have issues with PHP 5.3 so this would be the alternative until PHP 5.3 becomes more mainstream and scripts catch up.

Duramax 6.6L 07-01-2010 03:55 PM

Emerson,
BCSE is claiming that xpayments must be on its own server, unless I miss interpreted the pdf about the service