X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=39924)

Paulw 01-06-2012 08:18 AM

Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

Is it possible for cd seo not to alter with the breadcrumbs? It's damaging my sites useability. We have products listed in a number of categories but when you click on the product link from a subcategory the breadcrumbs always take you to the main category that that product is listed in, rather than the actual navigation. x-cart as standard takes you along the correct route and the breadcrumbs follow the users clicks.

Is it simply some configuration we have to change to make this more logical?

Jon 01-06-2012 02:27 PM

Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

X-Cart passes that navigation through the url, which is part of the reason why historically x-cart urls are so search engine unfriendly.

CDSEO consolidates the product into one url, so the breadcrumb has to come from the primary category.

In my opinion, the way breadcrumbs should work as as this mod: http://www.bcsengineering.com/store/advanced-breadcrumbs.html

chamberinternet 01-10-2012 07:46 AM

Hello ... Is it possible get the manufacturers index page (manufacturers.php) to have it's down SEO URL within CDSEO Pro? e.g. http://www.domain.com/designers or http://www.domain.com/manufacturers

Many Thanks

Shafiq

Jon 01-10-2012 09:47 AM

Open your .htaccess file and find:

Code:

RewriteEngine on

AFTER ADD:

Code:

RewriteRule ^/manufacturers/$ manufacturers.php

Open the .tpl files in the modules/Manufacturers/ folder in the skin directory and find references to:

Code:

"manufacturers.php"

And change it to:

Code:

"{$http_location}/manufacturers/"

Acquamarina 01-11-2012 06:49 AM

Hi, Not to hijack the thread, but we do use CDSEO and don't want clean url's.

How do we get the cleanurl's mod disabled totally? I unchecked the first box in admin but it is still appearing on the logs. The cart is using an enormous amount of resources and we had many Out of memory errors. When you look at the logs, several of them had to do with /include/func/func.clean_urls.php on line 313 and 570.

We had to upgrade the server to stop these errors but still seems excessive.

Thanks!

Jon 01-11-2012 09:20 AM

Has clean urls been removed from your .htaccess entirely?

I don't know what the problem with that would be off hand. You could try opening init.php and finding:

Code:

x_load(
    'db',
    'files',
    'compat',
    'gd',
    'clean_urls',
    'memcache'
);

And changing to:

Code:

x_load(
    'db',
    'files',
    'compat',
    'gd',
    'memcache'
);

But I'm not sure if that would simply cause function does not exist errors.

keystone 01-20-2012 02:19 PM

Where in CDSEO pro do you go to add the custom title, keywords, description to the page 2, page 3, etc when you there are more products than fit on one category page? I looked in both categories and products and didn't see it.

Jon 01-20-2012 02:22 PM

This feature is only available on CDSEO v1.8. You can see your CDSEO version in the top right of the x-cart admin section.

If you need to upgrade you can do so at:
http://www.websitecm.com/x-cart-mods/cdseo-pro-x-cart-seo-pro-upgrade.html

You can see a video on where to add the secondary page information at http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3FP3bTOOarQ#t=17 9s

chrisinoz 02-13-2012 04:40 PM

Re: CDSEO Pro - Trying to buy

Hi

Trying to buy CDSEO Pro + xCMS Package. Have asked one question in support area but not getting any answers. Need modules very soon.

Cheers
Chris

chrisinoz 02-14-2012 01:07 PM

Re: CDSEO Pro - Trying to buy

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisinoz
Hi

Trying to buy CDSEO Pro + xCMS Package. Have asked one question in support area but not getting any answers. Need modules very soon.

Cheers
Chris

Since I can't get an answer from Support on this maybe someone who has bought from there can answer me this as my customer is keen to have his site finished.

When I go to purchase it asks for Primary/Secondary Domains.

I am building on a test site nautical.mytestdomain.com but will eventually run on it's own domain name.

What Primary domain do I put in so I can place my order? The one it will run on or the the subdomain where I am building it. And what about the Secondary domain.

Thanks anyone
Cheers
Chris

cherie 02-14-2012 01:34 PM

I would use the live site domain as primary and your test domain as secondary. That way the license will be keyed for both so when you make it live it continues to work.

BBM_ 03-18-2012 11:09 PM

Here's a question for all you CDSEO Pro users out there,

I've just done a reshuffle of a lot of categories on a website and need to update the relevant links in CDSEO Pro, yet I only have the choices via the modules section to populate empty fields, or delete all and start again (not recommended for a live site which is what I have)

What is the preferred method of doing this as I also have a few customized urls to avoid duplication?

Do I simply edit the database and empty the fields for only the url's I've changed and then repopulate them?

Thanks for your response.

elmirage001 03-19-2012 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBM_
Here's a question for all you CDSEO Pro users out there,

I've just done a reshuffle of a lot of categories on a website and need to update the relevant links in CDSEO Pro, yet I only have the choices via the modules section to populate empty fields, or delete all and start again (not recommended for a live site which is what I have)

What is the preferred method of doing this as I also have a few customized urls to avoid duplication?

Do I simply edit the database and empty the fields for only the url's I've changed and then repopulate them?

Thanks for your response.

1. Go to your CDSEO Pro Admin Panel --> yourstore.com/x-cart/admin/cdseopro/index.php
  2. Click on "Categories" (1st menu choice on left)
  3. Click on the Category you need to update.
  4. Update to the new URL and click Update.
  5. You will now see your new URL and below it your old URL under URL History.
Hope this is what you were looking for.

BBM_ 03-19-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmirage001
  1. Go to your CDSEO Pro Admin Panel --> yourstore.com/x-cart/admin/cdseopro/index.php
  2. Click on "Categories" (1st menu choice on left)
  3. Click on the Category you need to update.
  4. Update to the new URL and click Update.
  5. You will now see your new URL and below it your old URL under URL History.
Hope this is what you were looking for.

Hey elmirage001, thanks for that and I can use this.

It would be helpful if there was almost a "refresh" option to recheck all values any only update ones that had changed, as opposes to manually doing each one.

Still a great module though.

elmirage001 03-19-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

It would be helpful if there was almost a "refresh" option to recheck all values any only update ones that had changed, as opposes to manually doing each one.

If you have both the old and new site running you could use the CDSEO Pro Export feature and then use a tool like Beyond Compare (which Jon recommends) to do a file text compare. It will show you the differences between the two files and limit having to manually check each one.

BBM_ 03-19-2012 11:30 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, It's a live site so I'll just run though them manually. :)

elmirage001 03-20-2012 06:47 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the suggestion, It's a live site so I'll just run though them manually. :)

You might still be able to make the job easier by exporting the data and visually looking at it instead of having to pull up each item one at at time.

Jon 04-03-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

The best way to handle changing categories might be to install the x-cart admin addon so you can change the url at the same time as modifying the category path: http://www.x-cart-seo.com/cdseo-pro-for-x-cart/xcart-admin-addon.php

JacksmithxD 04-04-2012 10:01 AM

Hi Jon,

Just posted a ticket, could you take a look?

I seem to be getting 14 errors from the CDSEO Sitemap from Google webmaster tools. (seems they dont like my sitemap!)

Errors Invalid tag value This XML tag has an invalid value. Please fix it and resubmit. 14
Parent tag: url
Tag: changefreq 10374 Apr 4, 2012
Tag: priority 10375 Apr 4, 2012
Tag: changefreq

Any ideas? :D

Jon 04-04-2012 10:25 AM

Go to your CDSEO Admin -> Modules -> XML Sitemap Generator.

Scroll down to the bottom and click Submit to update the settings. Then try regenerating.

JacksmithxD 04-04-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon
Go to your CDSEO Admin -> Modules -> XML Sitemap Generator.

Scroll down to the bottom and click Submit to update the settings. Then try regenerating.

Thanks for the very fast reply! Seems to be fine now, greatly appriciated thank you very much! :-)

Jon 04-05-2012 09:13 AM

I've had several questions about upgrading CDSEO when moving to x-cart 4.4.x and why they shouldn't use clean urls.

If you switch to clean urls in the upgrade you will likely have many broken links, you won't maintain your SEO data, and will lose much of your SEO rank. It's possible your site will fall off the SEO map for several months and possibly never reach the same SEO levels again in the future.

By upgrading with CDSEO you will ensure that you will have all the same urls so none of them become broken. You will also maintain your page titles, meta descriptions, and all information from CDSEO.

Further, the upgrade process is simple, and the upgrade cost for CDSEO is just $35.

The process is as follows:

1) Purchase the CDSEO upgrade for $35 from:

2) Install CDSEO on your new x-cart 4.4.x site.
http://www.websitecm.com/x-cart-mods...o-upgrade.html

3) When upgrading to x-cart 4.4.x and upgrade your previous database to 4.4.x it will maintain the wcm_cdseo* tables when transferred to your 4.4.x site keeping all of your SEO information intact.

4) On your new x-cart 4.4.x site go to CDSEO Admin -> Modules -> Autopopulate and submit. This just clears the cache files.

Simple right? If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them.

Acquamarina 04-23-2012 06:09 AM

Hi,
Guess this post is more for Jon and other SEO wizards on the forum. I was doing some research here and found this link:
http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/five-common-seo-mistakes-and-six-good.html

At about 3:37 (minutes) into the presentation there is a mention as to why one should not use rel="canonical" on pagination links, but rather the new rel="next" and rel="prev" markup for paginated content. Is there a way to implement that now with CDSEO Pro?

I have so many duplicate titles and descriptions it is not even funny. tried several options but none seemed to really take care of the issue.

Great video, by the way. Many thanks to the original poster - I can't seem to find that post again using the search.

Thanks for any info/suggestions!

cflsystems 04-23-2012 08:13 AM

CDSEO now uses different file name (index2, index3,etc) for paginated results so canonical name is different and not poiting to the same url on different pages. rel next/prev can also be added though - I have recently done this for a client

Acquamarina 04-23-2012 08:20 AM

Yes, my cart has the same but Google still sees it as duplicate meta tags. I think it makes it even more so, because now you have different file names with the same meta tags.
Thanks, Steve!

Jon 04-23-2012 02:38 PM

The latest version of CDSEO allows you to specify custom title tags, urls, and meta tags for the secondary pages so they are seen as completely unique content. However we will be adding the pagination as an option into a future release.

Acquamarina 04-23-2012 06:27 PM

Thanks for the reply, Jon. I'll see if I can figure out how to do the unique meta tags for the additional pages.

tam10 04-23-2012 07:17 PM

I use the cdseo pro and adding now the index1,2....to get rid of the duplicates. Which of the two option for category link below works better for SEO

myaddress.com/category/index2/
or
myaddress.com/category/index2.html

Thanks,

tqualizerman 04-25-2012 11:12 AM

Hi Jon,

I'm not seeing the category name in the URL (for products) and not sure where to look to check if its set correctly. This is on a 4.4.5 install. Any ideas?

cherie 04-25-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tqualizerman
I'm not seeing the category name in the URL (for products)

I believe that can be accomplished with an extra CDSEO module.

tqualizerman 04-26-2012 07:25 AM

Do you know which one that might be? I was sure this was part of the module.

cherie 04-26-2012 07:27 AM

I don't believe it is. You'd have to contact them to see how to get it.

Jon 04-26-2012 08:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attached is the cat-subcat-product url format module. It will change your product urls while writing the old url to history so that 301 redirects take place from the old to the new automatically.

Instructions on how to install are in the .zip.

Note that this is not a supported component of CDSEO and is provided as-is with no warranty. Back-up your existing database before changing your urls just in case.

JacksmithxD 04-26-2012 01:42 PM

Best URL structure for products?

e.g http://www.inkcartridgesfast.co.uk/epson/ink-cartridges.html (for a list of ink cartridges for the Epson printers.

For the products should I do http://www.inkcartridgesfast.co.uk/epson/ink-cartridges/epson-example-compatible-multipack-ink.html

It seems to long...

Any ideas on what is best practice would be greatly appriciated! :D

tqualizerman 04-27-2012 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon
Attached is the cat-subcat-product url format module. It will change your product urls while writing the old url to history so that 301 redirects take place from the old to the new automatically.

Instructions on how to install are in the .zip.

Note that this is not a supported component of CDSEO and is provided as-is with no warranty. Back-up your existing database before changing your urls just in case.

we lurve you.

tqualizerman 04-27-2012 06:47 AM

Hey Jon, is there any customization that needs to be made so that CDSEO will work with X-Cart Socialize plugin? Specifically talking Facebook here, not sure about the others. X-Cart does this to prepare the URL for the like button:

{assign var="href" value=$href|@func_make_clean_url}

But when I test output {$href} into the page I just get the non-clean:

www.site.com/product.php?productid=17516

Jon 04-27-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JacksmithxD
Best URL structure for products?

e.g http://www.inkcartridgesfast.co.uk/epson/ink-cartridges.html (for a list of ink cartridges for the Epson printers.

For the products should I do http://www.inkcartridgesfast.co.uk/epson/ink-cartridges/epson-example-compatible-multipack-ink.html

It seems to long...

Any ideas on what is best practice would be greatly appriciated! :D

Typically I recommend http://www.example.com/product.html url format to target exact keywords with a url in the root as I've seen the most success this way.

Jon 04-27-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Hey Jon, is there any customization that needs to be made so that CDSEO will work with X-Cart Socialize plugin? Specifically talking Facebook here, not sure about the others. X-Cart does this to prepare the URL for the like button:

{assign var="href" value=$href|@func_make_clean_url}

But when I test output {$href} into the page I just get the non-clean:

www.site.com/product.php?productid=17516

Something like this should do the trick:

Code:

{if $php_url.query_string eq ""}
{assign var="href" value=$php_url.url}
{else}
{assign var="href" value="`$php_url.url`?`$php_url.query_string`"}
{/if}

tqualizerman 04-27-2012 09:08 AM

That almost solved it, but it's not including the domain for some reason (and so facebook is adding www.facebook.com followed by the correct sub-directory structure.)

Jon 04-27-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

That almost solved it, but it's not including the domain for some reason (and so facebook is adding www.facebook.com followed by the correct sub-directory structure.)

Code:

{if $php_url.query_string eq ""}
{assign var="href" value="`$http_location``$php_url.url`"}
{else}
{assign var="href" value="`$http_location``$php_url.url`?`$php_url.query_string`"}
{/if}