X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=39924)

Jon 03-02-2009 12:39 PM

Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

Sorry for the delay guys. I was travelling and checking on the support desk but not the forums.

Sambo: Yes they should be deleted. These are usually kept in a 'catalog' folder which can simply be renamed to '_catalog'. If you generated the pages in root, you will need to manually delete using an FTP program. The pages will all have .html extensions, and by default x-cart only has 2 files with .html extensions: shop_closed.html and index.html The 'Rate' field in customer rewards points if the rate they get when a person makes a referral. Lets say the person refers somebody who spends $100. If you set a rate of 5%, then the referrer will get 5 points.

pfarcus: CDSEO does not use ioncube. It looks like you are using a demo version of x-cart or were using a demo version of x-cart which wasn't properly upgraded to the full version.

bosell: We've migrated many users from xcseo to cdseo. If you select Install + XCSEO removal when adding CDSEO to cart, we will migrate your current urls (and if running xcseo pro your page titles, meta tags etc.) and remove xcseo. After install you will maintain the same urls and seo data so you won't lose page rank, seo rank, or have broken links.

Sambo 03-02-2009 01:55 PM

Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anc

Thanks for the info - I have deleted all the files except index.html (there was no Shop Closed file in the catalog folder...

Jon 03-02-2009 02:00 PM

Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

index.html can be deleted from the catalog folder also. It is part of standard x-cart in the root but can be deleted also when cdseo is used.

alru111 03-09-2009 02:16 PM

Jon, do you ever answer email sent through your website? I sent some 15 of them for the last month to different emails. No reply???
Are you still in business???

paul@dimoda.com.au 03-09-2009 04:51 PM

alru111, did you send a ticket through support??

balinor 03-09-2009 04:56 PM

They are very much in business and always answer tickets promptly. Check your spam filters.

Jon 03-09-2009 06:38 PM

Yes our email and support tickets are up-to-date. I'll address via PM.

Jon 03-10-2009 12:15 PM

alru111: Just checking in as I haven't yet heard back from you via PM.

alru111 03-11-2009 08:34 PM

might be something on my side, will check

pfarcus 03-12-2009 01:13 PM

Should I add meta keywords to each category listing the name of every product in that category? (could be 1000's) Or is the keywords on the product pages enough?

thanks