Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Xcart 3.4.2 Released With Changelog

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 06-03-2003, 09:49 AM

X-Guru

Default Xcart 3.4.2 Released With Changelog

X-Cart 3.4.2 is now in your file area.

No upgrade kit yet but I expect it will be here in the next few days.

Heres the changelog

Quote:
$Id: CHANGELOG-3.4.2,v 1.1.2.1 2003/06/03 08:15:29 svowl Exp $

----------------- X-CART v3.4.2 RELEASED

Tue Jun 03 10:49:00 MSD 2003 [-] - svowl - These payment modules: 'AccessPoint/Merchant Manager', 'iPayment Inc' are removed from the list of supported payment gateways.

Mon Jun 02 10:33:00 MSD 2003 [!] - svowl - The bug in eSelect Plus payment module is fixed.

Fri May 30 16:21:50 MSD 2003[*] - mclap - The possibility to override broken Net::SSLeay perl module in Net::SSLeay bouncer by placing Net::SSLeay to payment directory is added.

Fri May 30 15:54:09 MSD 2003 [+] - mclap - Securetrading payment gateway is added.

Fri May 30 15:25:06 MSD 2003[*] - mclap - Smarty 'default' modifier is replaced by the one from Smarty version 2.3.0: because in some cases it doesn't work.

Fri May 30 14:36:46 MSD 2003 [!] - mclap - PayPal payment gateway is rewritten: a lot of issues have been fixed. Module paypal_ipn.pl is not necessary any more: PayPal payment gateway now uses https modules (bouncers).

Wed May 28 17:35:00 MSD 2003 [!] - svowl - The bug regarding displaying real time shipping rates in test mode is fixed.

Wed May 28 11:26:00 MSD 2003 [!] - svowl - The bug in the taxes calculation if 'disable_shipping' and 'apply_default_country' options are enabled and a customer is not logged in is fixed.

Wed May 28 10:48:00 MSD 2003 [!] - svowl - The bug regarding generating the countries list on 'Countries/Tax' and 'Shipping/Tax zones' pages in PRO mode is fixed.

Mon May 26 16:47:00 MSD 2003 [!] - svowl - A small bug regarding the error code transferring to the error_message.php script is fixed.

----------------- X-CART v3.4.1 RELEASED

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 06-03-2003, 10:44 AM

Advanced Member

Default Merchant Manager removal

This change log makes me very unhappy. I bought this shopping cart because of its support for Merchant Manager. I am in the process of making modification (beside the ones I just paid for) and you discountinue support for the payment method that I use.

I went though a lot of conversation with X-Cart prior to purchasing the cart to VERIFY it's support for MerchantManager.

Pulling support after I paid and paid for custom mods seems like very poor business practice.

What other features are you going to advertise and then pull support for in a future release?

- james -
Old 06-03-2003, 10:47 AM

X-Guru

I would forward your feeling to xcart themselves and see what is going on here

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 06-03-2003, 10:59 AM

Advanced Member

Ipayment in i use with authorize.net does this mean i have to look for another merchant account now?
Old 06-03-2003, 11:09 AM

X-Guru

again, not sure, see what xcart have to say and post your findings

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 06-03-2003, 03:48 PM

X-Man

That's a down right strange thing to do, to start removing payment gateways, if anyone finds out the reason why please post it.

Last thing I want is to do an upgrade one day and discover fundemental code has been removed that will disable my business
Old 06-03-2003, 08:17 PM

X-Adept

Agreed. That isn't a good thing to do, especially without providing a workaround available. Anyone have an update to why they did that?
Old 06-05-2003, 03:20 AM

X-Cart team

I want to explain why we had to remove these payment gateways from the list of supported gateways. Before releasing X-Cart 3.4.0 we contacted all payment gateways we support with request for updated integration manuals, validation procedures etc. But to our regret some of these gateways refused us motivating this by the fact that they do not work with companies located in Russia. Our explanations that we are just developers working on behalf of our US/UK etc. customers didnБ─≥t seem to convince them. We do not want any confrontation so we removed these payment gateways from the list of supported gateways.
You can contact these companies directly and ask them to explain why they ignore choice of their potential customers. We have no problem returning gateway integration code to the main branch of X-cart if we will receive permission to do that. Hoping you understand our point. Thank you.
Old 06-05-2003, 05:56 AM

X-Man

I can understand where Dimitry is coming from.

Personally I'd go scream at your merchant provider for not supporting X-cart or move to a less blinkered provider that's supporting x-cart.

Some of the merchant providers go too over the top measures after being burnt by fraud but not providing support to shopping cart programmers is a stupid way to kill valid business.
Old 06-05-2003, 06:51 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbic
I want to explain why we had to remove these payment gateways from the list of supported gateways. Before releasing X-Cart 3.4.0 we contacted all payment gateways we support with request for updated integration manuals, validation procedures etc. But to our regret some of these gateways refused us motivating this by the fact that they do not work with companies located in Russia. Our explanations that we are just developers working on behalf of our US/UK etc. customers didnБ─≥t seem to convince them. We do not want any confrontation so we removed these payment gateways from the list of supported gateways.
You can contact these companies directly and ask them to explain why they ignore choice of their potential customers. We have no problem returning gateway integration code to the main branch of X-cart if we will receive permission to do that. Hoping you understand our point. Thank you.

If this is true. Why do I have a copy of the 3.4.0 release that I dowloaded from my personal folder that DID contain support for MerchantManager?Then in a patch 3.4.2 this feature was removed. The removal didn't happen with the major release, but during a "minor" upgrade.

I just spent a lot of time on the phone with AccessPoint (Merchant Billing Services). They said they have not heard about this problem or anyone contacting to support their interface and was not given this information.

I spoke with Chris at MBS (AccessPoint) and he said that XCart should send email to customercare@mbs-us.com to his attention and he will work with them on getting the information they need. As he stated, it isn't in their best interest to not provide support for their web interface.

I am willing to work with the AccessPonit and XCart to help resolve this issue. I understand (from my own personal dealings) that it is sometimes difficult to communicate with someone on a different timezone.

- james -
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements