Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart Beer Meetup in the UK!

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 01-19-2015, 02:40 AM

X-Cart team

Thumbs up X-Cart Beer Meetup in the UK!

Hi Everyone,

I am happy to announce long awaited X-Cart Beer Meetup in the UK!

See our blog post with more details and registration links at
http://blog.x-cart.com/meetup-in-london.html

Register yourself at
http://s.x-cart.com/xcart-uk-meetup2015

We are going to give away special t-shirts, too, so please let us know your size at
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/xcart-uk-meetup2015-tshirt

Forum_Black_T-shirt_UK_2015.jpg

We will be happy to meet you all there!

Alex
X-Payments product manager

Last edited by ambal : 02-05-2015 at 01:16 AM.

The following 5 users thank ambal for this useful post:
chamberinternet (01-19-2015), Emerson (01-20-2015), johngwms (01-26-2015), ntclick (01-22-2015), RichieRich (01-21-2015)
Old 01-21-2015, 04:38 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: X-Cart Beer Meetup in Europe!

I will be there this is very close to where I live

Ultimate 5.4 testing

The following 2 users thank RichieRich for this useful post:
ambal (01-21-2015), ntclick (01-22-2015)
Old 01-21-2015, 10:34 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich
I will be there this is very close to where I live

Great news Just do not forget to register yourself using the link I posted above.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:19 AM

Thumbs up Re: X-Cart Beer Meetup in Europe!

I've just signed up and look forward to meeting everyone in Richmond!

I am based in North Wales but it will be well worth it. I don't get out of the office much and this is a great excuse!

Thank you X-Cart for holding the event.

5.4.1.18 Business, Crisp White Skin Template
Backorder-Preorder Module
X-Cart to Zoho Creator (in progress)
Zoho Creator <-> Zoho Inventory for order processing
NGINX hosted - XC virtual server

The following 4 users thank johngwms for this useful post:
ambal (01-26-2015), ITVV (01-25-2015), PhilJ (01-28-2015), rocky (01-26-2015)
Old 01-25-2015, 05:46 AM

X-Wizard

Great to see that this event has finally been organised. It takes effort and hard work to successfully promote and deliver events, so we do support that and have signed up accordingly. However, some important points:

This is the ONLY event, EVER (that's been hosted by ANY IT product supplier) that we have attended, where invited, existing customer are required to pay for the privilege! We are really not bothered at all, about the ё10 for two tickets, or the compulsory PayPal account that's required (because you can't pay direct by card....???) It's simply that the message this sends out is completely wrong! Was there so much fear of a non-sufficient number of attendees that this "comfort level check" had to be applied? Honestly, it's very poor and not a great start.

The Marketing Team have been a little ambitious elsewhere too. It's Richmond on Thames and not really 'London' as billed to be fair. The default set of British Counties has nearly always been incorrect in X-Cart so far, so this geographical point alone is sure to be discussed on the 27th. It seems that Event "Sponsors" PayPal can get it right, so how hard can it be to share that data? It would be good to see what PayPal are actually providing as sponsors too at this event, as it's certainly not very clear (to us anyway) at present...

Finally, Friday night in Richmond on Thames? Really? Fantastic for people like RicheRich who are lucky enough to live nearby, but it's a 215 mile, four hour trip, each way, for us to attend, if we are motorway lucky! A more suitable time c/w a more central UK location, would probably have been better for many people. I wonder just how many of the marketing team have driven the M1 / M3 / M4 / M25 / M40 on a Friday afternoon recently for pre-event research? Any Scottish based customers that attend, having been forced to buy tickets in advance, before making their marathon trip, are sure to be a force to be reckoned with if the event isn't 100% up to scratch and delivers something worthwhile.... Good luck with that challenge!

Ourselves? We're looking forward to some useful Q&A sessions with real and factual answers. We're not too keen on just a marketing "...jolly night out" but we'll approach with an open mind regardless when we arrive.

This event is in the UK, not Europe, or the USA. This specific point is one, which any 'development team' members perhaps need to re-evaluate
Old 01-25-2015, 10:33 PM

I would disagree about the suggestion that the UK is in not Europe! We may use the GBP instead of the Euro however, the sales tax rules (VAT) are identical to other EU countries and over 40% of our sales are to the EU. The UK is perfectly placed to discuss European business practices.

I agree with Triple A Racing that we need to have a serious exchange of minds about how X-Cart can best serve EU located stores and developers, something that seems to have been poorly served to date.

I shall be staying overnight in a Premier Inn, just down the road - excellent value currently at only ё49 a night and travelling back to North Wales on Saturday. If you want to have a longer discussion than the 3 hours allocated on Friday night thats fine by me.

Old 01-25-2015, 11:27 PM

X-Wizard

Sorry johngwms, it may be our wording that's caused a misunderstanding here. We said the EVENT was in the UK, not Europe. Obviously we totally agree that the UK itself is in Europe...

We sell products both into Europe and Worldwide (outside Europe) but also organise sporting events in the UK and in Europe. IT is part of these events (timing / records etc) albeit these are NOT IT specific events. The experience from these events, is why we think that the approach for an event in one country, is very rarely just replicated, when an event is repeated in another country.

The approach for an event held in the UK, should be UK focused and specific to that market (we think anyway). If this event is then repeated in say Germany, then the focus changes accordingly etc.

Trying to run one, new "European" event in the UK and imagining that people are going to pay in advance and then travel over from say Greece, for 3 hours in a bar in Richmond On Thames (we think) is defiantly "quite ambitious"

We are in the UK and we want the event to be a success and are supporting it accordingly. Some advance customer perspective should be handy for the X-Cart Team though, even if it's not all what it was imagined it would be!
Old 01-26-2015, 12:34 AM

X-Cart team

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for taking attention to the event! I will be happy to see you all there and meet face to face after all the years we spent exchanging emails remotely. We do appreciate all the suggestions and advices you give us! We've never been to the UK and London so we really have no idea about where we are going except what we see on TV and read in the Internet

Yes, PayPal UK is the sponsor of the event. They share their office space for the event and I apologize that we specified location not exactly correctly. We just used address provided by PayPal UK reps.

For us it is going to be quite a long trip: from Ulyanovsk where X-Cart team is located to Moscow by train (1 night) or airplane (2 hours) then layover in Moscow and then flight to one of London-area airports (3-4 hours). Besides that we are heading to the UK embassy in Moscow to apply for UK visas (train round trip).

With regards to registration fee - actually I've set it to avoid dummy/test registrations not to collect money. Space is limited. Our expenses on the event will be much larger than we collect from the 5 GBP ticket fees, but we are absolutely fine with that as we want to see our UK/European merchants face to face after all!

Anyone who wants to get registered for the event - just send me a PM and I'll send you a free invite.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:21 AM

Hi Alex

I really appreciate the time and expense of you guys coming over from Russia.

Would it not be more worthwhile if you can arrange some more time, perhaps on Saturday to discuss matters in more detail. Apart from meeting faces I am not sure a great deal is going to be achieved in just 3 hours.

There was talk about some guys coming over from the States. Mike White - are you planning to come?

Old 01-26-2015, 01:23 AM

X-Wizard

Hi Alex,

I for one am (hopefully, I am just trying to clear a diary date) looking forward to welcoming you and the team to the UK

Come on Triple A Racing lets give our friends from Russia a warm and cheerful welcome to the UK. Perhaps even show them some good old fashioned Mancunian humor I shall hopefully extend a Yorkshire welcome

I am looking forward to hearing about the future direction and vision for x-cart. Along with putting some faces to forum names.

I'm sure the x-cart team will enjoy there first visit to our shores. Hopefully you will have time to do a little exploring of London?

Thank you for taking the time and effort to come and visit us.

Hopefully see you all soon

Kind regards

ITVV (Nick)

Apache: 2.4.25
PHP: 7.4.5
MariaDB: 10.1.44
Arch: x86_64

The following 2 users thank ITVV for this useful post:
johngwms (01-26-2015), rocky (01-26-2015)
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements