Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Tela Firma - X-Cart Mods

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 11-01-2007, 11:34 AM

X-Adept

Default Tela Firma - X-Cart Mods

MODERATORS NOTE: This vendor has stopped responding to e-mails/orders, and hasn't been seen or heard from in a long time. It is recommended that you do not order from this vendor.

Now that we have our new online store open and we are working on filling it out with all the X-Cart Mods that we have, I thought that I would start a post that will list them out for everyone. When we add new mods, I will add them to this thread with a short description and a link to the mod.

NEW - Manufacturer Pack 4.1
(X-Cart version 4.1.x)
For a limited time we are offering a Manufacturer Pack. This bundles together the Narrow by Manufacturer and the Manufacturer on Product Page Mods at a special price.
NEW - Manufacturer On Product Page 4.1
(X-Cart version 4.1.x)
This module will let you make that tie in with your products and the manufacturer. It will display the all the information from the manufacturer (image, description, link) as well as a configurable number of other products from the same manufacturer...
Dynamic Image Generator 4.1
(X-Cart version 4.1.x)
Dyamic Image Generator for X-Cart 4.1.x This image Mod will allow you to upload one large image for the product and it will dynamically generate new images as necessary. New images are dynamically created for the Product page, the Thumbs for the product listing pages, thumbnails for the shopping cart and also a popup for a detail - all from the one large image...
Dynamic Image Generator 4.0
(X-Cart version 4.0.x)
Tired of substandard or low quality product images on your category pages? Wishing that you had a better way of handling Detail images instead of having them take up so much space on your product page? Hoping there is something out there that will take care of resizing product images for you...
Narrow by Manufacturer 4.x
(X-Cart version 4.0.x - 4.1.x)
This Module will allow the customer to narrow the products shown in any category by Manufacturer. It is not a "sort" but instead will only display those products from the manufacturer chosen within any given category...
Static Pages Content Categories 4.1
(X-Cart version 4.1.x)
Low level content management. This Module will allow you to create an unlimited number of categories for use with X-Cart's standard Static Pages. You can then group all the Static Pages by category and X-Cart will automatically display them in their own menu box. The categories are able to be edited, deleted and ordered...
Upsell In Cart 4.1
(X-Cart version 4.1.x)
This mod will list the Upselling Links that you choose within X-Cart when adding/modifying a product (not the dynamically generated "related" items) in the shopping cart. This will put relevant items in front of the customer one last time before checkout...
Expandable Category Menu 4.0
(X-Cart version 4.0.x)
Not happy with Fancy type Categories or find that it causes bloated code and slows down page load time? Use the Expandable Category Menu. With this mod all the categories will be listed in an expandable/collapsible structure on the page...
Advanced Reviews 4.X
(X-Cart version 4.0.x - 4.1.x)
This mod for X-Cart extends the built in Customer Review function by allowing you to add your own custom fields to the review. This is perfectly suited for industries from auto parts to computer modifications. These custom fields will allow you to capture specific information about each review...
Old 11-17-2007, 07:23 AM

Default Re: Tela Firma - X-Cart Mods - Store is now open

Thank you Stephen I highly recommend Stephen and his modules. He has provided us with incredible customer service. You have one here we actually have been looking for so you should be seeing an order from us today.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:18 PM

I recommend Stephen as well. I got the dymanic image module from him about 6 months ago.....as well as installation. i haven't had any problems with it since.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:41 PM

I cannot recommend Stephen highly enough.

There was a glitch at my end with the install, and he went out of his way to help me resolve the issue (even though it was nearly 2am his time!!)

Stephen, thanks again for all your help, and your mods are fantastic!!
http://www.yourbusinessassistant.com.au

X-Cart Site - http://www.tentmotel.com.au/home.php?shopkey=123

Version 4.1.9
Old 12-19-2007, 12:29 PM

Advanced Member

Good initial start- but there was problem with the upsell mod and now I haven't heard from him in days... I really wanted this to work.
-Mike
Old 12-28-2007, 10:05 PM

I also like to recommend Stephen. Purchased the Dynamic Images MOD for x-Cart 4.1 and had a minor issue and Stephen promptly took care of it. I have the highest praise for his product and customer support and find his Mod a great improvement. Every dollar on this Mod is WELL spent....!
Old 01-04-2008, 06:18 AM

Exclamation Re: Problem with (i think) Dynamic Images addon

hi telafirma,
i noticed a problem in my store; i think is related with your addon "dynamic images" because i don't have the skills to modify code by myself, i have only the knowledge to copy/paste code to install addons.

besides i noticed your addon modifies some code in various files related with product options

in few words, the product option validation has changed the way it works, previously a red string "txt_exception_warning" were added in real time in the product page, simply checking a invalid combination, now the same string appears but in a classic window explorer alert message (the one with the "OK" button") and ONLY when you try to add the product to the cart, making option validation less interactive with customer choice.

however i'm not sure it is a problem related to your valuable addon, but with my poor knowledge of programming, i've noticed that in file "customer_option.tpl" you make a call to a "custom" version of check_option.tpl

thanks in advance

davide pierani

NOTE ADDED:
Sorry, after posting message, i've tried to set your module off, and option validation works now in real time again, what can i do to have both your module on and standard option validation?
enterprise hosting on handsonwebhosting
IMAC with Sierra 10.12
=======
5.3.3.1 on test (maybe ready in 2031)

Last edited by wnc2 : 01-04-2008 at 06:29 AM. Reason: adding a note
Old 01-04-2008, 08:41 PM

Great mods and even better support!!!!

I have the image mod and advanced reviews and he has been more than helpful with both.

Mike
One Page Checkout, AlteredCart
Smart Search, AlteredCart
On Sale, AlteredCart
Old 01-05-2008, 12:38 AM

i agree,

and stephen resolved my little problem very quickly
enterprise hosting on handsonwebhosting
IMAC with Sierra 10.12
=======
5.3.3.1 on test (maybe ready in 2031)
Old 01-06-2008, 02:58 PM

Stephen - I see customers are satisfied with the Dynamic Image Generator, and your service. I have a couple of questions.

1. Here's a link to one of my stores. Can I achieve the same look with your product?

2. When the Detail image is dynamically resized for use as a product or thumbnail, is the byte size also reduced? For example, the detail image is 50K - is the thumbnail image 50K or is it reduced to say 6K?

3. What happens when X-cart comes out with an upgrade, 4.2 or whatever? How will that affect this addon?

4. How does this affect the CSV import file as far as the images are concerned?

I'm Sure you'll see me at your store soon - maybe this week. I'm setting up a new store and getting ready to add product to the database. I'm sure the time to add this addon is now and not after my database has been populated.

Thanks,
PengHead007
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4