Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Meet X-Cart 5.2.2 STABLE

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 03-25-2015, 04:26 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: Meet X-Cart 5.2.2 STABLE

steewu, do you see any errors in your var/log folder related to this? Who are you hosted with? Are you hosted in a shared environment?

I have experienced the inability to upgrade with a few cheaper hosts like Godaddy, 1and1, etc. My workaround for this is to take the site down to my localhost, upgrade it there, then put it back. I am not sure what the problem really is on these hosts, but I know that my clients need to get on something better!
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.

The following user thanks totaltec for this useful post:
Ksenia (03-25-2015)
Old 03-25-2015, 10:53 PM

eXpert

When I first had the upgrade indicator I selected to download and everything worked fine. I didnt proceed because it would have removed all the addons. After now deciding to proceed I keep getting this error message. Ive tried at all different times of the day and night.
  • Error:Not all the upgrade packs have been downloaded. This may have been caused by slow Internet connection or an internal problem on the Marketplace server. Please try again later.See log file for details
Old 03-26-2015, 05:06 PM

Life Can Be Much Easier ... It happen to Me All this Years

I would like so much to talk a little about X-cart 5 from day 1.

1. It was a great day for me to bump into X cart 5 when I was having
problem with my old existing website which I work with others since 1995 which I need pay USD 600 yearly .
Paid USD 6000 in total during all this years. (10 to be exact )

2. Remembering that I got Xcart5 10% discount and also was given free mobile as an add on ... no second thought I just sign up . Wow it relly God Gift to me feb 2014
I did do lots of reading and search about Xcart ... I choose the later and never regret it.

3. Way back from Feb 2014 ... it have never been easy week and month as I really work on xcart 5.x till 5.11 recently .facing the difficulty with error with every upgrade module . Paying my prologating license at the 11th month at USD 99 is really a compliment and not a complain to me.

4. Sorry to say that ! The problem rise from a bad server hosting.
It was forever error when something need to be updated and clicking for updated is always a nightmare.

5. I have done the whole installing and losing all my data database so many times I really forget to lose count.

6. I really lose my mind and patient not with Xcart 5 ... but really something is wrong along the way
cos problem only occur with an update . The X cart team really been helpful all this while with my problem
tho I need to wait a little while for their remedy ... free anyway !!!

7. TAKE NOTE : I change my server hosting to X-Cart Basic Hosting after some reading and searching forum somewhere out there about a good hosting... All my problem is gone .Trying it out for 1 month with Xcart hosting... never having the error and the speed is easily hundred of times faster with my old server company. I just signup for my yearly plan yesterday after trying for 1 month.

This Guys at Xcart hosting know what best for hosting their software ... trust me you guys try it out !!!

8. My website is Live and working ... using all the module fully without a hitch .
Have done the ordering , payment , invoicing and shipping ... Great never happen to my old website of 10 years .

9. WOW !!! moving from 5.1.11 as of now to 5.2.2 ( today problem again )
X-Cart team ... I know as of today ... my website is facing problem with missing link after doing the upgrading ... I done a ticket and was looking forward to see it solves it a day or two by your great team.

10. Hi ! Team mate at Xcart ... You guys are great and wonderful ... I will be with you guys up and down.
I know moving to a new Version need testing and tend to meet with problem ... but I will be the very first to updated and take the challenge to face the risks ... I love anything first.

Now Here ! All my fellow Xcartizen ... USD 499 for a license and USD 99 yearly for an prolongation updated
is really nothing ... when you have an excellent team behind your online business.

My advise ... Get your store live at 5.1x before moving to 5.2
It's been tested and is 100% live and kicking or be like me take the risk and trouble with new updated version.

As for me ... I'm going to buy another new Xcart license soon to launch another new website to replace my website of 10 years old ... like me I'm an old man over 50 but Xcart is easy and breeze to me ...

Ha! Ha ... X cart ... any great offer for me .

Cheers !

Edmund

The following 3 users thank zhandaan for this useful post:
Ksenia (03-27-2015), rocky (03-26-2015), totaltec (03-27-2015)
Old 03-27-2015, 03:56 AM

Advanced Member

Looking forward to installing. Just running a backup as we speak.

How can I check to make sure my licence covers the upgrade? I haven't even gone live and have only been with xcart since the end of January, so I'm hoping I'm covered!
Template #42
Old 03-27-2015, 04:33 AM

Upgrade from 5.1.11 to 5.2.2 not working so well. Installed from scratch and then attachment file for product is not able to display file proper. It display "%2F" instead of "/" in attachment.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:55 AM

Tried to upgrade my site to 5.2 and the whole site is shut doen. No I cant get any support from Xcart. No return message or anything. Seems like I ahve invested alot of money for nothing. I have two sites with this cart so double the investment with no service???? Any one else having service problems? I see I can pay to have them look at my site but for what? They issued the upgrade and it doesnt work?
Old 04-02-2015, 08:57 AM

Same problem here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhandaan
I have been patiently waiting for the upgrade from 5.1.11 to 5.2
I'm at the upgrade pages where I have to click continue where 63 of my module will be upgarde to 5.2 version ... after clicking continue
my admin php show blank ... or idle mode

Is this the right way that it's upgrading ???
Old 04-22-2015, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steewu
I still have access for upgrade till Jul 2015. And still not able to upgrade to 5.2.2. It will halt and with error message "Installing updates, please wait...". I have check the "var\tmp" folder all folders are in 777 permission. Our host does not allow 777 and need to be change to 755. I have change it and still not able to upgrade.

I am having this same problem. Just upgraded to 5.1.11 and now trying to move to 5.2.2. I go through all the options and warnings and stuff, but when I click to begin the upgrade it just shows "Installing updates, please wait...". and never moves on. When I open an admin page, it still show 5.1.11. My license is good through August, so that shouldn't be an issue and I am using a quality provider, not 1to1, Godaddy or some other low-end host. This is quite frustrating. Any suggestions?
Old 04-23-2015, 02:34 AM

X-Guru

Hi guys,

If you have any issues with upgrading your store to 5.2.x, please contact our support staff. Unfortunately, it is hard to guess what may went wrong without looking into the code on the server.

And if you report the problem there, please provide your log files ([xc5]/var/log/ directory) at least.

Also, we advise you to create backups before installing any updates and to try to do the upgrade on a local dev computer before doing it on your live site.

Quote:
php show blank

Quote:
when I click to begin the upgrade it just shows "Installing updates, please wait...". and never moves on

It may be the php timeout issue, or the memory limit problem. What are these limits on your server?

Also, are there any errors in your log files?

---

User manual Video tutorials X-Cart FAQ

You are welcome to press "Thanks" button
if you find this post useful

Click here to learn how to apply patches

X-Cart Extensions

The following user thanks qualiteam for this useful post:
totaltec (04-23-2015)
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements