Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Continue Shopping

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 12-30-2005, 08:42 PM

Advanced Member

Thank you again, it is much appreciated your patience and continued responses. From all initial tests, it is working great.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:23 PM

X-Man

I ended up using the code supplied by xgarb, but I found that I had to modifiy the continue_shopping.tpl from

{* source: http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=1124 *}
{if $goto eq "product" and $last_productid neq ""}
{assign var="href" value="`$WebDir`/product.php?productid=`$last_productid`"}
{elseif $last_cat neq ""}
{assign var="href" value="`$WebDir`/home.php?cat=`$last_cat`"}
{else}
{assign var="href" value="`$http_location`"}
{/if}
[img]{$ImagesDir}/buttons/continue_shopping.gif[/img]

to

{* source: http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=1124 *}
{if $goto eq "product" and $last_productid neq ""}
{assign var="href" value="`$WebDir`product.php?productid=`$last_produ ctid`"}
{elseif $last_cat neq ""}
{assign var="href" value="`$WebDir`home.php?cat=`$last_cat`"}
{else}
{assign var="href" value="`$WebDir`home.php"}
{/if}
{include file="buttons/button.tpl" button_title=$lng.lbl_continue_shopping style="button" href="$href"}

The reason? What if the customer wasn't in a category before clicking the 'continue shopping' button? I found it was going the home page, which in my case is index.html, so I made it go to home.php instead. I'm not sure if the code is exactly right, but it works
Integrated with Stone Edge Order Manager + POS

Version 4.1.12 Gold (fresh install) - X-AOM - Linux
Mods - XCSEO free
Old 02-01-2006, 06:55 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWait
I ended up using the code supplied by xgarb, but I found that I had to modifiy the continue_shopping.tpl from

CODE....

The reason? What if the customer wasn't in a category before clicking the 'continue shopping' button? I found it was going the home page, which in my case is index.html, so I made it go to home.php instead. I'm not sure if the code is exactly right, but it works

I tried to implement this code. Made the button continue_shopping.tpl and added it into cart.tpl. But when I click on the button I'm send back to home.php, and not the category where I am from. So it doesn't work.

X-Cart Gold 4.1.8 (Live & Loaded)
Royal Bhaktapur: Handmade products from Nepal - Pashmina's, scarfs, shawls, stola's and more...
Old 03-03-2006, 01:10 PM

Advanced Member

Hi. I'm having a problem where if I buy a product featured on home.php and then click 'Continue Shopping' instead of taking me back to home.php it takes me to a category.

If I go to home.php, 'buy now' and then click 'continue shopping' it goes to home.php?cat=360 instead of home.php. Even though I've never even looked at home.php?cat=360.

If I browse a category (for example home.php?cat=527) and then go back to home.php and 'buy now' and then click 'continue shopping' it goes to home.php?cat=527 instead of home.php.

I've tried both xgarb and JWait's versions and the same thing happens. Any help would be most appreciated... thanks.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:43 AM

eXpert

Nightfre, I guess you did this bit as well?
Quote:
add to config.php....

Code:
x_session_register("last_cat");
x_session_register("last_productid");

if($HTTP_GET_VARS['cat'] != "")
{
$last_cat = $cat;
}

if($HTTP_GET_VARS['productid'] != "")
{
$last_productid = $productid;
}

$smarty->assign("last_productid", $last_productid);
$smarty->assign("last_cat", $last_cat);

groovedis,
I think it's to do with the cats that the 'featured items' on the homepage are from. Not sure how you'd fix it, or if it's really worth worrying about.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:11 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgarb
Going from inthepink's code I did this...

create a tpl. file in buttons called continue_shopping.tpl

add the following code to it...

Code:
{* source: http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=1124 *} {if $goto eq "product" and $last_productid neq ""} {assign var="href" value="`$WebDir`product.php?productid=`$last_productid`"} {elseif $last_cat neq ""} {assign var="href" value="`$WebDir`home.php?cat=`$last_cat`"} {else} {assign var="href" value="`$http_location`"} {/if} {include file="buttons/button.tpl" button_title="Continue Shopping" style="button" href="$href"}

add to config.php....

Code:
x_session_register("last_cat"); x_session_register("last_productid"); if($HTTP_GET_VARS['cat'] != "") { $last_cat = $cat; } if($HTTP_GET_VARS['productid'] != "") { $last_productid = $productid; } $smarty->assign("last_productid", $last_productid); $smarty->assign("last_cat", $last_cat);

You can then use....

Code:
{include file="buttons/continue_shopping.tpl"}

whereever you like to give you a continue shopping button. I've got it next to the checkout button and also below 'Your shopping cart is empty'

sweet!

and for those of us who want to use our own custom button, use balinor's fix in this post:

http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=12078&highlight=buy+image
Old 08-10-2006, 10:24 AM

eXpert

There are so many posts in this thread, I'm sorry, but I do not understand most of them. Either it's not clear what files to make change or there are reported problems or the post is so old I don't want to try it on my version.

Can someone, obviously smarter than me, please post a clear explanation how to implement a Б─°continue shoppingБ─² button/link on the cart page that will take the customer back to the category they were shopping in? Please include the file name(s) that need to be edited.

Thank you!
Qty input - Custom Mod
Part numbers near title - Custom Mod
Membership approval before ordering - Custom Mod
Order Forms - Custom Mod
Freight on Board - Custom Mod
Catalog Order Form
Call For Price
Template: Crisp White skin
Running on Windows
Old 08-13-2006, 08:05 PM

Wow, I never thought I'd see this thread again.

I'll update the continue shopping thing that doesn't require javascript (I hope).
MySQL 3.x
Old 08-23-2006, 05:45 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Continue Shopping

I have a solution that▓s based on the JavaScript history function (javascript: history.go(-1)) that some of the other solutions in this thread used. This will always take you back to the previous page which, logically, should always be the page you just clicked the ⌠add to cart■ button. So, if you clicked on the ⌠add to cart■ button from the home page, then selecting the ⌠continue shopping■ button will take you back to the home page. If you clicked on the ⌠add to cart■ button from a category page it will take you back to that category page. etc. The ⌠continue shopping■ button will only appear when a product was just added to the cart. So for instance, if you click on the ⌠View Cart■ link in the minicart from the home page, then the ⌠continue shopping■ button won▓t appear.

Step1: Edit: /cart.php

In the code:
Code:
if($mode=="add" and $productid) { if($config["General"]["redirect_to_cart"]=="Y") { func_header_location("cart.php?");
Revise to:
Code:
if($mode=="add" and $productid) { if($config["General"]["redirect_to_cart"]=="Y") {func_header_location("cart.php?mode=added");

Step 2: Edit: /skin1/customer/main/cart.tpl

Change:
Code:
{include file="buttons/continue_shopping.tpl"}

To:
Code:
{if $smarty.get.mode eq 'added'} {include file="buttons/continue_shopping.tpl"} {/if}
Short explanation of what▓s happening so far. We▓re using a smarty function to check the query string to see if the value ⌠mode■ is set to ⌠added■. If it is, then the ⌠continue shopping■ button is displayed.

Step 3: Create a file: skin1/buttons/continue_shopping.tpl
Code:
{include file="buttons/button.tpl" button_title=$lng.lbl_continue_shopping href=$href|default:"javascript: history.go(-1);" title=$title style=$style js_to_href="Y"}
In this code, we▓re using the JavaScript function to send the customer back one page. Logically, this should be the page the customer just clicked the ⌠add to cart■ button.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:51 AM

Default Re: Continue Shopping

I can't seem to get the config.php addition to work on 4.13. I can't get any pages to load after I make that change. I'm using xgard's code from earlier in this thread. Does anybody have any suggestions?
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions